Experiment 2
136 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason curiously looked at the small black ant transporting  the leaf slowly across the forest floor, until it finally reached its home. There it joined hundreds of it's kind , making Jason lose track of it.

(Hey, what is the meaning of this? Why are you following an ant, have you gone insane?) said the fox as it saw Jason doing such a strange thing. He knew that this 'human' he had formed a bond with wasn't ordinary, but he wasn't convinced he wasn't crazy. He wasn't stupid, but he sometimes behaved very strangely. 

Jason on the other hand didn't pay attention to the fox as he experienced excitement he hadn't felt in a long time. It was like he had discovered something no one knew , but he wasn't completely sure about it.

' Haah....if what I'm thinking is right I could raise my level with little effort and I don't have to kill any monster to do it....but I'm not sure if it'll work. ' thought Jason 'A Farmer in this world is a Class supposed to  work the land, but is this all it's capable of? Only farming plants....planting, harvesting and repeating the process over and over again?

 But is that really all there is to the Class? Who decided you can only farm plants?' thought Jason as he stared intently at the anthill in front of him before he turned towards the fox.

"Hey, Forest Spirit, I have an idea of how I can get stronger. It's not confirmed yet , but I'm pretty sure about it." said Jason as he remembered the ant farms of his old world. Keeping and breeding ants as pet's was something not unknown to him, but he didn't know if something like that would work here.

(Hmph, I don't believe you. All you do is lie, like you just did. I won't fall for your tricks again from now on.) said the fox with a twist of its bushy tail, but those were only words. In fact he was very interested in what Jason had to say.

"Okay, I understand that I haven't been always honest with you , but if I'm right i could  level up in no time. If that happens you will also benefit, right?" said Jason will a creepy smile on his face , making the fox take a step back. " If you help me raise my level, I'll help you raise yours, what do you say?"

The fox faltered for a second before again regaining his calm.( Hmph, I don't know what you're talking about , but even if you do raise your level, raising my own level is another matter.)

"What do you mean?" said Jason a little concerned, but not that much. He could grow faster with the help of the fox, but it wasn't completely necessary. Roping I'm the fox was more of an insurance.

( It's because I'm a sprit. My best way to grow is not to kill monsters, but to consume rare plants of the forest, or keep the forest balanced. Even with that, I'll have a hard time leveling up.....

So, what do you say now?)

Jason looked at the serious face of the fox and thought about it's requirements for leveling up. It was something hard by the description the fox gave , but Jason knew that if you wanted something, it'll most surely be for sale.

"This.... haaaah.....

I didn't consider that, but you're still underestimating my thinking." said Jason as he laughed, the fox narrowing it's eyes." The solution is simple ,if we can't find it, we can just by it. I don't believe someone won't be willing to sell us what we need."

( Hmph, more lies!

I know that you don't have that kind of money. How can you buy something like that for me?)

"Hah, of course it's by killing monsters! If I level up I'll become stronger, and if i become stronger I'll be able to kill stronger monsters. If that happens I of course will also gain more money......which will go towards buying what you need to level up.

So, how does that sound?"

(I still don't believe you.... but I'll give you the chance to convince me.) said the fox , tempted even more. He didn't believe Jason's word's much, but the confidence he was showing made the fox doubt. (What do I have to do?)

"Hah, now we're talking! " said Jason as he stared telling the fox what to do. At first the fox was eager to hear what Jason had to say, but all that was asked of him was to locate anthills. It was a strange request, but he didn't see anything dangerous with it, so he accepted. Jason even warned him to watch himself, which the fox just snorted at.

A forest spirit is in it's natural habitat inside a forest so Jason's concern just went over it's head.

............

And so two more days passed. It was quiet at the treehouse , so much so that it looked like they were just on vacation. Jason went to train in the dungeon in morning for about an hour and then he went back to the treehouse. He rested for a while and then joined Besia and Veina in their archery practice.

The arrows hit a two meter tall dirt mound which was about 20 m away one after the other. Jason tried to hit one the 3cm wide circles on it, but even if he had improved he still had a lot to learn. Besia who was about his level in accuracy was also training hard , but everytime  Jason shoot rapidly she gritted her teeth in anger. She was accurate, but she lacked Jason's Strength and Agility to do as well as him, but that didn't stop her from trying. She just gritted her teeth and practiced away, making  Jason smile , but he also grew to respect her willpower.

Veina on the other hand was also advancing at a very rapid pace for someone who hadn't held a bow in her life until two weeks ago , but she paled in comparison to them. This made her bitter , but she didn't blame Jason in any way. 

On the other hand, she totally loathed Besia. She hated her face ,her smile when her brother praised  her if she hit the bullseye, she hated everything about her. Of course Jason didn't know anything about this as he was concerned about his experiment. He had already acquired  6 farms near the treehouse, but he was planning to expand.

............

As usual he ate a hearty  lunch before going to check his farms. It was only the beginning, but he had high hopes for them. Along the way he cut healthy branches from different trees, and brought them with him, but it was not that important as he had the fox on the job.

"Hahaha, how are my babies today?" smilingly said Jason to the fox who was standing near a couple of branches with green leaves on them. It was a pretty big pile which made Jason smile. 

The fox stared at Jason and just shook it's head. It didn't really understand what Jason was trying to do by providing food to these ants , but he didn't really care. He only wanted for Jason to hold him promise.

( I did as you asked. ) said the fox ( Different leaves from different trees from this forest. As you requested from me....)

"Mhmmm mhmmm, you did a good job. I'm very happy with this.  Haah , I couldn't have done it better myself..." said Jason as he took a couple of branches from the pile and put it near one of the anthills. Immediately after he did that little black ants surrounded it and stripped it bare making Jason throw another branch for them to devour. This continued for a while, until Jason decided to move on and just surrounded the anthill with branches and moved to the next one.

It took him one hour to visit all the anthills , but he didn't even notice the time going by. It was just a relaxing thing for him to do , but it was also not without gain for him as he suddenly stopped in his tracks. A notification had appeared before his face.

*ting*

      Gained new Title.    

             Farmer²
For farming the species embodying the Farmer Class you gained:

+ 1 level for all Class related skills.

+ 1 stat point to all your stats.

     Gained new skill.    
            Ant Tamer lv 1
You will grow the empire, feed it , tend to it, and it'll spread. You will be it's sole emperor, and they will follow your every order.

Spirit + 0.5

8