Encounter
142 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason smiled like a madman as he saw the notifications that appeared before him. It was such a beautiful sight, such a great feeling of accomplishment that he almost what his pants.

"Haah haah haah.....

The fox who was near Jason looked at him in worry as sudden change had surprised him  to much.

(Hey, are you okay.....

The fox didn't finish his words as Jason turned his head , a big smile on his face. 

"Hah, I'm better than okay. My plan worked my little furry friend, but this is only the beginning." said Jason will a greedy look on his face. 

This statement made the fox open it's eyes in surprise before it immediately opened Jason's status page. As he did that he looked at the level , but didn't see it had risen and was about to ask Jason, when he noticed the stats. All of them had risen, but his level hadn't.

(You... you... YOU! What the hell did you do?! Your stats , your status points... they have changed. But your level hasn't risen!)

"Hahaha....hahahahaha....." laughed Jason loudly as he place his hands in his hip." Bow down to my genius, my power.....hahahaha......

The fox looked at Jason who was just fooling around, but the fox didn't know that. It just saw a supposed human who had raised all his stats by one point and he hadn't even leveled up. It was a joke in Jason's eyes, but to the fox it was something equal to a miracle.

(Am I witnessing the beginning of something great, or something terrible? A Farmer Class with such a status at only level 4? What will happen if he gets stronger?

Can a Farmer really get that strong?) though the fox to himself as he remembered when he formed the spirit contract with him.

 At first it was something that was intended to spy on the human before him and feed the dog information to the elf, but that was not a possible anymore. If he did that it would be a bag end for him, and he didn't want that.

(The Title I gained....is to precious.) though the fox as he read the description of the Title once again.

         Firsts Disciple
As the first follower of the ???? you will be rewarded with:

+ 100% increase in skill acquisition.
+100% in skill growth.

+1 SP for every level.

It was such a ridiculous Title that he had thought of he was dreaming. It didn't give him any skills as compared if he formed a contract with a demon or dragon, but the effects were much better in the long run.

"Hey, fox let's get going." said Jason who had calmed somewhat down , but was still excited. He forgot about feeding the rest of the leaves to the ants and excited headed back to the treehouse. 

He merrily moved through the forest  without any care on the world, until he heard something and stopped.

' Huh, did my ears play a trick on me?' thought Jason as he looked around, and surely he heard that sound again. It was faint, but he clearly heard something approaching.

"Let's hide...." quietly said Jason to the fox who just nodded, maybe because of the newfound respect, or was it fear?  Either way , the fox complied and they crouched down beside a big tree and waited.

They thought that it may be a monster that was coming, and Jason berated himself for not bringing the sword at least, what the tattered figure of a human came into view.

(A human, in the forest alone? ) said the fox in surprise.

Jason didn't say anything as he was completely focused at the approaching figure. It was a young man in tattered clothing, trying to rush along the forest, but failing miserably. He was clearly tired , but the most disturbing thing was that he often turned back as if to look as if something was following him.

' This doesn't look right.' thought Jason as he didn't let the young man out of his sight, but didn't reveal himself either.' The city should still be isolated and if the elf's words are true  the surrounding villages should be decimated. Is he maybe a survivor of those villages?'

Theory after theory ran through Jason's mind, but he was more concerned with what he was running from than where he was from. 

(Should we make contact?) said the  fox, making Jason frown. He wanted to ask the running kid , but he didn't want to get involved with something he didn't know.

"No, we shall just observe.....

As he was saying that the young man dropped to the ground and stopped moving. This surprised both Jason and the fox who were glued staring at the unmoving body of the young man for about a minute.

(You were saying?)

"Tch, go see what is going on. He seems to have fainted , but he could be playing tricks. " 

(What? Why do I have to go check on him? He is of your kind after all....) grumbled the fox, only to be met with an angry stare by Jason.

( I'm not going....

"Well, neither am I....

.............

Five minutes passed as the two of them argued back and forth who would go to check on the young man, and they still hadn't decided. It was at that time that the young man regained conciousness  and began to get back up, only to struggle and fall back down again. 

"Aaaaaaaa.......

The young man yelled loudly , frightened the nearby birds and also Jason and the fox. 

' Fucker, you scared me. Why the hell are you yelling so suddenly?' thought Jason before he noticed something; the young man was crying silently.  He seemed to be upset about something.

(Are you still not going to help?)

"Shut up..." said Jason in a deep tone as he clearly was frustrated at the foxes words.

"Fuck..." cussed Jason as he got up and slowly headed towards the young man who was still crying. It was something he didn't really want to do, but he couldn't just ignore it anymore. He approached until he was 5m away and then stopped, his feet ready to run away.

The young man seemed to have noticed him approaching and furiously wiped his tears with his dirty sleeve. After he was done he turned around to look at Jason, his eyes full of fear.

"Who...are you?" said the young man with a hoarse voice, his lips trembling. 

Jason didn't answer as he saw that the man was skinny, his face full of bruises and his lips dry and chipped. His black hair were a mess with dirt and grass sticking out of his head and one of his eyes was closed because his brow was so swollen.

This raised a lot of red flags, but Jason decided to go until the end with this.

"Who I am doesn't matter, but I'm interested in who you are." said Jason as he focused on the young man's expression" Why have you come here and why are you bruised? Who are you running from?"

"I...I...ughhhh....." the young man tried to answer, but tears filled his eyes once again . This made Jason clock his tongue , but he didn't say anything.

7