Alliance 1
138 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three more days passed and everything seemed quiet around the treehouse. Jason, Veina and Besia went to practice their bow early in the morning as Jason didn't have permission to enter the dungeon for the meantime as the elf was dealing with something, Dark Church related things he thought.

*Tangg*

The sound of the bowstring vibrating rang on his ear and two arrows flew out of Jason's bow. They cut the air quickly and hit the dirt mound 20 meters away, but going by Jason's frowning face he wasn't pleased.

"It's a good shot....." said Besia who was only 2m away and also practicing her bow. She thought wasn't shooting more than one arrow at a time, something she clearly thought was the best way to achieve her Class. 

"Yeah..... but I'm not pleased. It looks like I'm missing something. Maybe it's that I just have to practice more?" questioned Jason out loud making Besia shake her head as she had tried and found out that just shooting two arrows at a time required great skill.

"Hmmmm.....

Jason fell in thought as he looked at his bow. Is was the bow he had bought since the beginning and it had started to show signs of damage. It was though a normal thing going by the words of the elf whi said that the fluctuations in temperature and humidity was bad for the bow.

 Everytime he drew the bow he noticed that one side of the bow arched more than the other, and even the string had been damaged greatly, but he didn't worry about that anymore as he had ordered a new one from the elf as a part of the 50 gold reward.

Jason pushed those thoughts to the back of his head ,gave a glance to the other side and saw his sister who had advanced in the bow quite well taking into consideration her stats and her time since he started to learn. She was also shooting only one arrow at a time , but to Jason it looked like she was struggling with even that. It was normal though as Jason's strength had reached a new high and he was many times stronger than Veina.

' Things seem to be going well, but I'm more worried about what's happening at the city right now. The situation seems to be only becoming worse by the minute and it seems that it's not improving. The army is managing to keep the peace for the meantime, but taking into account the plague and the food shortages will there be any unrest?

Haaaaaa, I hate thinking about this. No matter how much I worry I can't change the situation, but I don't really intend to meddle myself in this anymore than I already am. '

Jason awakened from his daydreaming as he felt someone approaching him, and when he turned his eyes he saw his sister. She was sweating bullets as her azure eyes stared straight at him and she massaged her aching shoulder caused from shooting the bow so much.

"Brother, are we finished for today?"said Veina with an exhausted voice. She was in fact the most hardworking of the three of them, partly because she wanted to get stronger and partly because she wanted to he better than Besia. Of course Jason didn't know this and just smiled and gave her a hug with his free hand.

"Haha, of course of course. Practicing is good and all, but overdoing it may cause problems in the long run. Still, I'm amazed that you improved so much in such a short time. You may even surpass me in a couple of weeks." teased Jason his sister who clearly was happy from the compliment, even though she doubted it.

"You're just joking, brother is such a good archer that you would put a Combat Class to shame."

"Heh, I wouldn't say that , but I guess that I'm no slouch with the bow." teasingly said Jason as he stroked his ego slightly, but he knew he was nowhere near the level of a good archer. He had seen the true skill of the elf once when he was attacked by one of the gigantic snakes in the dungeon, and was left in awe.

' Well,  I'm not an archer after all, I'm a Farmer.'

He once again moved his attention to his sister and smiled. 

"Shall we go back now, it's better that we take a rest at the moment. We will come back in the afternoon to practice some more."

"Yes, I definitely need a rest.....

"I also think we should rest for the meantime." chimed in Besia's who was only now beginning to get out of that awkward phase that was created when he asked them to stay.

"I guess it's settled then." said Jason as he remembered the prank he did on Besia's grandmother two nights ago. It still made him laugh, and he did.

............

Jason rested for about an hour, ate something and then as usual he headed into the forest. He had his bow&arrows , and his sword on his hip prepared for any confrontation as the fox had warned him of some orks starting to wander in these parts. It concerned Jason so that's why he brought his weapons, but he didn't think that the protection of the elf would waver.

He headed straight to one of the anthills he feed and saw the little ants merrily going about their way and he smiled. It was such a calming, and Jason's favorite pastime in this world.

As he began to feed the ants some of the branches he had collected he suddenly received a mental message .

(For a human you really are strange. I couldn't think of anyone else who enjoys feeding ants so much.)

Jason was surprised for a second , but he immediately calmed down. He knew it none other but the fox.

" Well, I guess you're right, but I can't help it. They are so little and deiligent that it makes you unable to not like them."

(Even those at the dungeon? )

"Especially those at the dungeon." said Jason as he smiled. He in fact had wanted to find an anthill with that kind of ant in the forest, but his searching had resulted in failure, so he had decided that quantity was better than quality. He had under his supervision more than 20 anthills , each of them thriving at the moment.

(........

Hey, I think that something is coming. )

Immediately as he heard those words Jason stopped what he was doing and looked at the fox who was behind him.

"This isn't a joke right?"

(No, not a joke, someone...... it's leaving?) the fox sounded confused as he turned his ears and sniffed the air in worry.

"What's happening....." said Jason quietly as he took and arrow and got ready to shoot, but he didn't seem or hear anything.

( I'm not sure.....

Something was coming this way , but it has already retreated . It seems that it's.....an ork? )

"An ork? Only a single one?"

( I'm not sure, but it seems that it's only a single one. Maybe it's a scout?)

"Hmmmm....a scout you say? "

Jason didn't like the idea of an ork beeing so close to his home even though he doubted they would really come, but he didn't want to take the chance. He also had grown tired of killing goblins and wanted to try something different.

' Status'

Name Fir (Human/????)
Class Farmer/???? 
LV 4
Strength 9
Vitality 12
Dexterity 8
Spirit 6
Skills 7
Titles 4
HP 119/120
SP 56/60
STP 4

 

His status page appeared before him and he admired it. It didn't seem like much, but he knew he was much stronger compared to when he arrived to this world. His Vitality was at 12 making his stamina better than a world class athle , and his strength was nothing to scoff at. 

' I guess it's about time I got an upgrade.' thought Jason as he smiled. He had begun to stagnate and after a lot of questioning he had found out the best way to better his archery. During the numerous conversations with the fox he had found out it was very knowledgeable about what the stats did.

 Strength enhanced his muscle strength, and that was strengthening all his muscles, including his heart. Vitality increased stamina recovery and healing speed. Dexterity increased the coordination of his body, and lastly Spirit increased his reaction speed and the processing his senses. 

If the words of the fox were true then the higher his Spirit was the more information he could gain from his senses; sight, hearing, smell and all the other senses. Something like that was incredibly useful for an archer so he decided to use all his remaining points. He added three points to Spirit and one to his Dexterity.

8