Chapter 01 – Don’t Drink Her Blood
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dimitri Ivankov is a vampire child who have been afflicted with the vampire's blood thirst after being driven out from his hunting ground, which is a secluded village in the Ukrainian forest. It has been hours since he stopped feeding in the effort to escape from those who are pursuing him. It had been the rule that vampires who do not belong to any pack nor coven are to be eliminated, as stray vampires are considered to be the undesirable ones to be part of the vampire race. As a young vampire which have been recently turned in one, it is not his choice to be one. Rather he despises it, as he is no longer who he used to be, which is a human. He hated the fact that he was forced to be a vampire, depriving him the blessings that any human could have, such as being able to walk under the sun, eating many types of food and be free from the curse of the blood thirst that a vampire has.

All Dimitri wanted, is to be someone normal and live a normal life. His dreams were shattered when a vampire attacked his family, killing his parents and his brother. He however was not killed, as the vampire who had attacked him turned him into one of his kind for unknown reasons. He however did not cared about it, as all he wants now is revenge. That is what kept him alive as a vampire. To live till the day that he will be able to get his revenge, that is the only motivation he has to keep on living. After a while travelling, he reached to a place where he felt far from the new coven's reach. However, the chase upon him was called off long ago, as those vampires who are in pursuit for his life did their job halfheartedly.

Dimitri walked a few more paces before passing out at the side of the road. No sooner than that, a lady passed by and saw the young vampire. Perceiving that it is an abandon child, based on his human like appearance and size. She took him along with her to the nearest shelter available, that is her home. Carrying him on her back, Dimitri soon awoken by the scent of her perfume, which is a strong rose scented fragrance. Seeing that woman, which is a human carrying him, he struggled for a while, causing her to drop him. He is afraid that she would harm him, but she assured him that she will not. Seeing how friendly she is, Dimitri allowed her to help him, as he has no where else to go for the night. Furthermore, in his opinion, when she is asleep, he would be at least able to obtain some of her blood to sustain himself before moving on to another place to live.

The lady brought him to her home, which is a small cottage surrounded by roses which act like a fence. Though it is small, it is well furnished enough for at least three person to live in. She made a simple meal of baked potatoes with mushroom, which is served with some orange juice. However, as he is a vampire, he is unable to consume them, giving her an impression that he must have suffered something which is traumatic, till it causes him to lose his appetite based on the expression on his face. She appeared to him that she does not know that he is a vampire. This conclusion of his in actual fact, is a wrong one, as Irina Slavik in reality knew that he is a common vampire. As to blend in with the human society, she treated him like any human being would do to their kind who need help.

Ever since she had became a spectral vampire, she have been training herself to get used to her new body along with its abilities. It has been several months since she has escaped from the catacombs which her former coven who had imprison her. Through the time spent in preparing for her vendetta, she have been working hard to blend in with society and to keep her true nature secret as an element of surprise to unleash her fury upon them. She in fact has seen Dimitri at the village that he is from, as she frequently visited the place to sell her roses to the villagers there. As the one who feed on other normal vampires, it is easy for her to track him and discern his identity. She could kill him easily, but find that there is no reason to do so, as he is rather different that the vampires that she know when she is still a normal vampire he.

Any place in the world which have vampires living, will have some of its human population dying mysteriously. But for that village, it is rather strange as Dimitri choose not to kill. With her ability to scan the anatomy of living beings granted by the nanomachines, Irina found that Dimitri instead choose to wound them a little and drink some of their blood. Something that he has been doing all the time ever since he arrived at the village, making Irina concluded that he is a human who is unwillingly turned into a vampire, these kinds of vampires are always either left for dead or hunted down for sport by other vampires. Aside from that, the nano machines also informed her that Dimitri is a healthy compatible host to be turned into a spectral vampire. This aroused a motive in her, where she wanted to create a companion which is also a fellow spectral vampire for companionship, for not wanting to be lonely as the sole spectral vampire in the world.

Dimitri did not know that Irina have set her eyes upon him for a while already, and this very night might be the moment she is waiting for. As Dimitri creeps towards her at very late in the night to feed,Irina who is pretending to sleep decide to play with him a little before turning him into one of her kind. Turning around each time Dimitri almost manage to get a bite at her, she makes him more and more frustrated as his hunger started to affect him. After much effort by Dimitri, he finally managed to grab her left hand and bite it with his fangs, causing her bleed. With her blood gushing out from her veins, he started drinking as quickly as he could before she could realize it. But everything does not go as he plans, as he is ignorant to the nature of her blood. At the very moment he ingested her blood, the nanomachines begin their work right away, transforming their next host to be a fellow sister spectral vampire. It causes him to feel an intense pain coursing through his veins, causing him to scream. As he struggle to cope with the changes which are happening in him such as his pitching voice, Irina stopped pretending to be asleep and immediately held him tightly in her arms to prevent him from rampaging around, which potentially able demolish her cottage to cause him to hurt himself.

In Irina's arms like a child being embraced by her mother, Dimitri started to change. Everything that made him a boy vampire is now gone, replace with everything that made her a lady spectral vampire. The most painful part for him, which is a her now, is the rapid growth that she is experiencing as a healthy compatible host for the nanomachines, causing her to pass out. Her height grew from 4'1" to 4'9", making her now looking like a teenage humanoid female. With its new host now unconscious, the nanomachines begin the final touches on her, making her a complete female spectral vampire. With her transformation is now completed, Irina tucked her new found daughter to sleep on her bed. She then moved on to clean up the mess that her daughter had made that night and begin to make some breakfast for the both of them.

Morning soon came, awaking the new spectral vampire with it sun rays shining at her face. In her dazed state, she thought that she is now in heaven as sunlight is no longer lethal to her. As she is recovering her senses, she now realize that it is not, with some weights felt on her chest. Upon inspecting herself, she now realize that she is no longer a boy anymore. Fear come to her upon seeing Irina entering the room, as she thought that it is Irina's punishment for attacking her. Covering herself under the blanket and shaking in fear, she soon find that it is unnecessary as Irina sat beside her and patted her head gently. Uncovering herself, she looked at Irina with a confused face. She gets even more confused when Irina kisses her forehead like any parent would do to their child.

As her old clothes no longer fit her, Irina had helped her changed into one of her night dress while she is still unconscious, which is rather a bit large for her to wear. Helping her to the dining table, they begin to have breakfast with Irina explaining what actually had happen to her. Irina also told her that it was her intention to allow the newly created spectral vampire to approach her, for her very own selfish reason for wanting to have a daughter. That made her cried, as she is now reborn free from the curse of being a normal vampire as Irina's daughter. Though it is not human nor as her old self, she is glad and thankful to Irina for granting her such life and freedom. Irina also gave her a new name that she gladly accept prior to her adoption, which is Tatiana Slavik. Throughout the whole morning, they talked a little about their themselves in the effort to get to know each other better. Upon finishing their breakfast, both mother and daughter made their way to the nearby village to get some new clothes for Tatiana who is eager to discover her likes and dislikes in fashion as a lady.

2