Chapter 02 – Don’t Hunt Her Blood
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edward Muller is a renown veteran vampire hunter throughout the vampire hunter guilds around the world. As the world greatest hunter ever existed in history, he is known for his quick and efficient methods in hunting vampires. To the vampires, he is the bane of their survival and upon hearing his name, it chills them to the bone. For any vampire who had encountered him, none had ever lived to tell a tale. This is what the world know about Edward Muller, and this is what he choose to display to them. Like any living being, each and everyone of them has a dark secret. Edward is no exception of this of this truth, as to be the greatest vampire hunter, he himself had consumed vampire blood to gain their powers momentarily in order to be able to hunt them with deadly force.

Consuming vampire blood does has its drawbacks. When the effect wears off, he will be faced with some of its withdrawal effects which is extreme fatigue in the short term. In the long term, he will be experiencing bodily degeneration caused by the vampire blood, as the human body is not is not suited to sustain the enhanced abilities of a vampire. Throughout his career as a vampire hunter, he have been consuming vampire blood for decades. His trusted doctor in hunter guild have strongly advised him to stop the practice, fearing for his life in the long run. Though the side effects of consuming vampire blood are only documented myths instead of actual medical records, it does arouse enough attention to be concerned of should it is proven to be true.

Edward at the moment have not yet succumbed to the effect, but it is only a matter of time he will meet fate for taking up such a practice. He himself knew that what those ancient text had described is true, as he is experiencing it day after day ever since it begin to manifest. Though it may seam hopeless, the records spoke of a type of potent blood that belongs to high born vampires. The pure bloods, named by the author for the ancient text spoke of these vampires who are superior than their lesser kin. As it is not yet tainted by the elements brought by the new breed of vampires, it is speculated that it may cure his condition by purifying the taint present in the blood of the lesser vampire.

In his last days as a vampire hunter before retiring, Edward has spent most of his time searching for the clues that will lead him to such vampires. All he care now, is to have a peaceful retirement. For him, his hunting days are long gone along with his youth. What he wanted to do most now is to cure his condition which have been badly affected from the consumption of vampire blood, which acted as an energy booster when hunting for vampires. Prolonged used has caused an addiction for vampire blood in him, making him a deadly vampire hunter, as occasionally he went into the state of blood frenzy during combat with the vampires that he is hunting.

Today happen to be a different day for Edward, as he received some news that there have been several covens of vampires have been massacred lately. Perceiving it could be internal feud between the vampires, he concludes that there might be chances that he will be able to find some pure blooded vampires by following their trail of carnage. He soon set off right away from his current location to the rural villages of Ukraine, which are the locations of the massacre have been reported. What he didn't know is, the outcome he had hoped for will not be happening, as those who had committed the massacre are not involved in a blood feud among common vampires. They are actually seeking their revenge upon those who had brought them grieve, and suffering among the ranks of those covens that they had exterminated.

The ones who did those massacres are a pair of spectral vampires, which Edward will soon discover. After completing the destruction of those covens which had brought them misery, both Irina and Tatiana are looking forward for their new life as family. As they journey towards their home in the hills, Irina realized that they have been followed by someone. Using her thought to convey what she had noticed to her daughter, she told her that someone is following them, but they are not vampires. They are rather human and they may suspect them as vampires. Tatiana responded with a playful manner, suggesting to her mother that they should at least toy with the human before going home, as it is only a lone human following them. Something Irina agreed upon in order to pamper her daughter.

This move however proved to be a nasty shock to both mother and daughter, as soon a they started their act, Edward begin attacking them with deadly ferocity. Consuming some of the vampire blood supply that he brought with him, he begin to hunt them down for their blood. This had brought the duo some interesting surprises that they did not expect, when they found that he possess the ability of a common vampire as a human. Edward may have surprised them with his actions, but luck no longer shines on him. As the fight goes on between the vampire hunter and the spectral vampires, time soon ran out for him with the effect of the vampire blood wearing off from his body. It triggers the withdrawal effect in him, forcing him to collapse.

As Edward's body could no longer sustain itself anymore from the withdrawal effect, it begin to break apart. With some parts of his body begin to erupt from both over exertion and the use of the blood. Irina who had noticed this process, quickly stopped her daughter from continuing the game that they are having. She immediately examine him to find that he is now dying in the more gruesome manner. Asking him why he had attacked them, he informed her that he is looking for the blood of the pure blood vampire that he believe is able to cure his condition. Irina in return told him that they are not pure blood vampires he thought and explained that they are another type of vampire. These words of her, will be the last words that he will ever hear from her, as Edward slips into a sleep that has no awakening.

One's consciousness may have left the body, however, that does not mean that the body will die right away, making it not salvageable. Concluding that the body may contained the skills and abilities that they can make use of, Irina transferred some of her nanomachines into Edward's body. Upon entering his body, she commanded them to begin the process of creating a new creature out of the dying human. Part human and part spectral vampire, this new being is know as the spectral familiar. Unlike the regular vampire familiar, who are vampire wanna be humans. A spectral familiar is a direct servant of a spectral vampire which dedicates itself to its master who created it. By making this choice, Irina had created a new life out of the dying.

Tatiana watch in amazement as her mother demonstrated her mastery in commanding her nanomachines. Witnessing their actions, those nanomachines worked intensely recycle all available biomass of the body. Starting by writing the new genetic codes for the new spectral familiar, they then begin reconstructing it by making the gender from male to female, followed by all details that will confirm the familiar a female. Her height, which is 5'5" when she is still a he remained unchanged. The muscle mass, gained all these years from the training as a vampire hunter had reformed her into an athletic matron woman with a warrior like figure. When all the processes of making a spectral familiar have been completed, Tatiana begged her mother to teach her this ability, which she immediately agreed.

Within moments, the familiar woke up with no memories of its past life. All it only knows, is Irina is her master and she is her servant. Tatiana voiced her concern of it needing common vampire blood to use its abilities, Irina however assured that the familiar won't, as it has a big appetite for common food if it uses its abilities. Naming her Alvar Fortuna, Irina first tasked her with the task of escorting them back home in order to have her properly integrated into their family. With the arrival of Alvar, Irina feel that they could finally retire in seclusion for the moment with a happy family.

0