5 – Ravel
121 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good and evil. Two common words, or often as cliche if mentioned. To understand both words is nothing but a waste of time to Blue because the fine line in between them is crystal clear to him. 

There are a lot of differences as well as similarities. But the most distinct similarity between the two is 'fight'. Whether for the universe, the world, others or selfish desires, requires one to 'fight' all they got. Physically and mentally, like war and depression. 

There are unavoidable fights, it is foolish to think otherwise. Bound with one or more broken essences and loose ends. It is futile to escape from reality but the possibility to change the result is never 0%. This is Blue's mentality. 

An idealist, who thinks realistically for hope and ideals. 

"I… refuse, " Blue face twists to pain. His hands grip Uriel's arm as he tries to slide his whole body towards his heart while grunting despite the grave wound. 

A heavy trail of blood paints Uriel's arm as Blue moves with meagre strength. His unyielding will drive him over-limit like a car moving without gas. 

"You never know when to give in, do you? I guess that makes you charming, but it's a pity that you have to die here!" Uriel slowly pulls her arm with Blue's heart through his body. Torturing him with a slow pain. 

Blue could not hold in and shrill in pain as he could feel his broken rib cage and ripped lung scraps against Uriel's cold skin as if he was rubbing his flesh against metal. 

"Don't worry, your heart is mine now and nobody else's, " She slurs as if drunk in her fantasy. 

The moment the heart in Uriel's hand slid inside his chest, Blue pushed his dying consciousness further despite his eyes dimming lifeless. 

The door was kicked open, locks were broken and revealed the man behind. The old homeless man with an enforcer standard crossbow in his hand pointed to Uriel, "Bitch, messing him means you have to deal with me first!" 

His eyes locked onto Uriel, eyesight aligns with the iron sight of the weapon as he pulls the trigger with no hesitation. The bolt cuts through the air towards her with a striking speed. 

Uriel's smiles disappear as she waves her hand and deflects the bolt away with ease. Even if it seems to be a useless attempt to injure her, but the old man's intention is something else.

That moment is all the time Blue needed to collect his thoughts as screams through the pain, "Azure Warden!" 

Azure Warden, his spirit, manifested in his body. The spirit follows Blue's movement as he drops an elbow strike to her cheek, catching her off guard. 

"But the arts suppressing cuffs-!" Uriel was surprised. Her eyes widened while her cheeks were squished due to Azure Warden's elbow. She released his heart before getting knocked away by the strong blow. 

Blue's heart was left in the gap of his chest, so he took the chance and used his ability to close the wound with fabric. Including reconnecting the ripped blood vessels and the broken bones together. 

"Good gracious Azure Warden is a separate entity, or otherwise...  " Blue mutters while trying his best to himself up. His spirit punches the handcuffs into clothes and releases him. He answers Uriel's doubts with vice, "I'm not that dumb to tell my weakness. "

"Despite being the weakest of the Sentinels, your wits save you every time. However, your luck will run out soon enough if you don't comply with my offer, " Uriel slowly stood up from the floor using gravity to levitate herself. 

"By joining you… meaning that joining the new Sins, correct? You're their leader, " Blue suddenly vomits a handful of blood from his mouth as he crouched down to the floor in pain. 

"Spot on, you might not be the smartest but your intuition is worth a lot as an asset, "

"Lad, you gotta stop fighting and get out of here!"  The old man rushes to his side and stood right by his side with the crossbow loaded and aimed at the woman.

"That's what I've been planning to do, and my ability isn't exactly precise in covering the wounds- tell me your name when we get out of here, " Blue whispered as he took one of the old man's hands and placed it on his shoulders. 

He raised his hand and grabbed onto something in the air. The bright flames from the outside shine upon the glistening thin thread he holds upon. 

"I can see through your plan! You both are not going anywhere, " Uriel slices an arc as a wave of gravity towards the duo. 

The old man cried out loud in shock and braced himself. Holding onto Blue with his dear life. 

Blue's poker face turned to a fearless expression as his eyebrows knit together. He took the thread and sticked it onto the old man's hand before kicking him up high. 

"[Fabric], close!" Blue commands as the thread pulled the old man through the opened window as they both narrowly dodged the gravity wave. 

It managed to cut a long shallow wound on Blue's face while the thread helped the old man to escape outside. 

"You are going nowhere blue~ I've got a dear old friend of yours hostage here, " Uriel stated with slanted eyes of annoyance. 

"Who? I had nobody else except myself these past few centuries, even if I do, they've already forgotten me, " He growls as Azure Warden stood beside him, following his stance. 

"You thought I and the other sentinels came back alive as the Sins yesterday? You fool, we've been observing your actions these past few decades!" She snaps her fingers, revealing an unconscious woman under camouflage. 

Blue froze, he knew that woman. The long silky white hair brings back the nostalgia of when he was working with a certain organisation. Her red gentle crimson eyes hidden behind the closed eyelids and her voice were the few charms of his life. The woman was memorable to him, yet, he left because Blue knew he was being followed and to prevent her from getting into a great danger such as the current situation.

Never he would think that Uriel still got her hands-on with the woman. Furthermore, the fact that he had to fight his former comrades who were once his friends, causes him to feel conflicted. 

"Mudrock…, " He calls out her name, his gaze hardened as he stood up against the aching pain of his body. The edges of his mouth bleeds non-stop as he struggles to stand up properly. 

His whole body may seem properly healed but in truth, his ability could not cover the tiny gaps in between his cells. Resulting in internal bleeding and small bone fractures which accumulates pain unless he rests for a while.

"That look, the face of worry for a damsel in distress! Our whole team was dying since i last saw that face, but it. Wasn't. For. ME!" 

"You forced my hands, broke our promise, betrayed the Sentinel's goals... this isn't you, Uriel! You used to be more calculative and gentle than chaotic. " 

Uriel stifles a giggle, before breaking into a laugh, "It wasn't the first time, the Kingdom of Brix broke the promise first! We were used as killing tools instead of the so-called knights the people admired. They forced us to kill the innocents to cover their misdeeds, don't you remember, Blue! You did it as well as us!" 

"Urg!" Blue choked on his words as flashes of the horrible deeds he had done in the past. The memories he locked away resurfaced as nightmares causing his heart to race rapidly. 

"Even in this era, the new Sins and I saw the same deeds done throughout the land. The phantom of our actions repeated in a loop! That's why… I aim to purge the evil amongst the innocent and give rise to a new paradise for the better good, " Uriel rests her palm on the handle of her long blade. One of her pupils dilated under the shadow of her hat. 

"Build a future with me, no one has ever seen, " Her gaze softened and rounded as she reaches out to him with a deep breath. 

He took a moment to think about it. Reasonings, and the sincerity behind her words. 

Indeed Blue is not a smart person but he is good at judging characters. From the corner and edges of Uriel words and facial expression, he chose to believe her words. But, that does not mean he agrees. 

"To bear the title and body of Sins means to continue chaos. One will fall into insanity, the longer they live as there's no future with daily destruction. But let's say, you somehow completed your paradise but the urge to destroy as a Sin, how would you manage that?" 

"Easy, we'll kill ourselves when the time comes. So, what's your answer?" Gripping onto the sheath of her blade, she slightly unsheathes her sword with the tip of her thump. 

The moonlight shines through the clear glass wall of the room. Illuminating the maze of thin threads surrounding Uriel. The fabric labyrinth seems to be endless and expanded beyond. 

Blue narrows his eyes at her through the tight gaps of the dim bright lines, "It should be obvious… take it, Uriel! 10m radius [Fabric]!"

Yes, the creation of Blue Sullivan as a character is inspired by Noriyaki Kakyoin. 

Sauce for the image above:

https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/original/fd/f8/__mudrock_arknights_drawn_by_raw_egg_lent__fdf84b788ab5dec48e8135c67fed4f64.png

5