Chapter 8 – Towards Seireitei
680 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Itachi walked out of the hut, sitting down on the stairs, looking into the distance, "Sensei."

"Hm," Jay was already sitting on the second stair, with his forearms on his knees, one hand holding the other fist.

Itachi let out a sigh, "I am sorry. You worked really hard to get me back my life...saved my younger brother...my family...Izumi. And I just...gave that all up."

"You didn't give Izumi up," Jay smiled at him.

"She didn't give up on me," Itachi muttered with a soft smile in his eyes.

Jay let out a breath, "Well, I am not exactly mad at you...just...wasn't expecting this."

Itachi nodded, "I understand that."

"Well, since you are here...then I can focus on regaining my strength," Jay took a deep breath, looking towards the sky, "I wonder what Hagoromo saw that made him come back from the grave."

Itachi hesitated, "I tried to make him say, but he didn't let anything slip. Not until you came."

"Hell?" Jay narrowed his eyes, "Certainly, that sounds troublesome. But then it's Shinigami's problem, isn't that why they are here?"

"You don't believe that. If it was just Shinigami's problem, then Sage of Six Paths wouldn't have come out so openly."

"Hah," Jay scratched the back of his head, closing his eyes, thinking, "Ok. I am going to reach the Seireitei first. I am going to leave Mabui here...she knows everything about the people we met till now. Sakumo will cooperate with you."

"Sakumo...as in Sakumo Hatake?"

"Yeah, he's trying to find his wife. He's collecting allies for that purpose."

Itachi nodded, "I will.

Jay patted Itachi's head, getting on his feet, "Next year...come see me at the Academy."

Itachi closed his eyes, smiling, "Hmm, maybe. I somehow doubt you'll stay that long at this school."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, boy," Jay rolled his eyes, about to walk inside, "Right, were you able to use any ninjitsu?"

"A few."

"Handsigns?"

"Body language."

"Embarrassing."

"You chant."

"Shut up," Jay curled his lips, walking inside to talk to Mabui, but just then, the gate opened, and Mabui walked out carrying a plate with two tea.

Jay took the teacup, "Can you stay and help them?"

Mabui nodded, "I remember what to do."

Jay smiled, "Get this done and meet me at Seireitei."

"Ok."

"Just ok? No, Jay, please take me with you! Don't leave me alone?!"

"Please," Mabui curled her lips, walking past him to offer Itachi tea, but he just shook his head.

Jay chuckled, "Fine, I'll leave."

He jumped up the wooden railing when Mabui lightly spoke, "Be careful, Sir."

Jay let out a soft smile, glancing back, "Oh, I will."

Mabui raised her body, watching his disappear, letting out a sigh, "He's trouble...in more ways than one."

Itachi let out a breath, smiling in relief, "Something never changes."

A few days later, District 1,

Jay landed on one of the solid roofs, stretching his body, yawning, "Haaaahhhhh... finally here!"

He looked at the massive stone slabs that connected to make a wall, floating in the air, "A natural barrier."

He walked to the edge of the roof, jumping down to the ground when he heard the squeal.

Jay glanced back, looking at a young girl hugging a young boy tightly, having smashed the watermelon on his face, being scared.

He turned towards them, "I do apologize if I scared you. But you were the highest spiritual energy that I felt."

The little boy pushed the young girl away, taking off the watermelon from his face, "You are here for the test."

The young girl's eyes started shiting hearing that, "Are you here was the test as well? I am going to give the test too!"

"I can guess, with that spiritual energy," Jay scratched his cheek, "Say would you mind sharing a few secrets with me? What is going to be in the test?"

South District 1,

Tsunade barely made out of the crowd, standing under a shade, looking towards the South Gate, "There must be millions of souls in this city."

Naori was blankly looking at the crowd in amazement, "I don't think I ever say these many people at once."

Tsunade tilted her head, "Right, I keep forgetting that you are from warring periods. Seeing a thousand, two thousand people must be a crowd for you."

"A few hundred people, that was a large gathering," Naori reminiscently spoke, "This? This is something else."

Tsunade smiled, turning her eyes towards the crowd, when Rukia stumbled out of it, falling down her hands and knees beside her, "I am alive!!!"

"Rukia!! Wait for me!!" Renji jumped around, falling forward, sitting down on his butt.

Naori got down on her knee, watching the two of them with a smile, "Good job. Here I thought you wouldn't be able to keep up with us."

Tsunade looked away, curling her lips. If not for the fact that they massively held back, then there was no way these kids could keep up.

She took a deep breath, looking towards Seireitei, gazing at it in wonderment.

"What are you thinking about so intently?" Naori whispered, looking at the pensive look in Tsunade's eyes.

"I am just wondering...if he'll be there as well?"

"You don't think he will?"

Tsunade let out a sigh, "He might act hedonistic, but he's bound to feel responsible for the situation. I am worried he's going to stay behind until he's not sure that they'd live."

Naori softly smiled, "Sounds like a nice person."

Tsunade rubbed her forehead, "No, he's a perfectionist. Which is why I am dead...because he wanted to perfectly kill the enemy. If he stays behind, it's going to take time...decades...maybe even a century."

"You know you are dead. You don't have to stay married to him," Renji was silently hearing from the ground, spoke up.

Rukia punched his head, "What do you understand about love!"

She jumped on her feet with a shine in her eyes, "Don't worry! I will do my best to help you find your husband!"

3