Chapter 60 – The Ryoka Invasion – 2
419 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yugito landed on top of the wall, breathing heavily, taking a long deep breath to catch her breath, "You are good, better than I thought."

Tatsuki's body was filled with sweat, her breath erratic, her hair a mess, "So are you."

"I ought to be," Yugito narrowed her eyes, "But I need to put an end to this, now."

She raised her Zanpakuto, massive blue spiritual energy came out from her, turning into a tiger cat, "Awaken! Matatabi!"

The tiger cat opened its mouth as if roaring; it moved forward, swallowing Yugito. The spiritual energy twisted, turning, forming a blue armor that covered Yugito's body. There were two cat ears on her head, two tails on her back, and black fire dripping towards the sky. She looked towards Tatsuki with her dichromatic eyes, taking a stance, clenching her fists, "Now this is better."

Tatsuki gripped her neck, cracking it, hiding the excitement that was bubbling in her eyes, "Then I won't hold back either."

A green string circled around her hand, covering her forearm and the black belt started unfolding, string by string, forming a white orb in the palm of her hand. She held the orb, narrowing her eyes, "The Art of War."

Yugito became more careful, "I have a bad history with orbs...what does yours do?"

"The Art of War, it takes and gives," The White Orb turned into a White Dagger.

She put her hands together, dividing the Dagger into two, darting forward. She exchanged blows with Yugito, the Dagger, and the Blue Fire Fists colliding against each other, cracking the ground around them.

Just the sheer force of their spiritual pressure was enough to keep all the Shinigami's away from them.

Near West Gate,

Ichigo was standing over a group of fainted Shinigami's, looking towards the direction of Tatsuki, "Tatsuki..."

He didn't realize that she was so strong since she had never fought or trained with them. In this case, she mostly stuck with Jun.

Ichigo rubbed the back of his head, taking a deep breath, thinking, "Hmm, Tatsuki...and Orihime should be fine on their own...Uryu is strong...so is Chad...that means..."

He turned around, pulling on one of the Shinigami from Eleventh Division, shaking him, asking, "Hey! Where is Rukia Kuchiki!! Tell me, where is Rukia!!"

"I can tell you where Rukia is."

Ichigo dropped the Shinigami, looking at the bald man with a spear on his shoulder, his hands around it, "Oh, where is she?"

"I'll tell you if you can survive against me," Ikkaku grinned, jumping up to slam its spear downwards towards Ichigo.

But before he even understood what had happened, someone kicked his Shikai's shaft, slamming him down on the ground, breaking his Shikai at the same time.

Ikkaku widened his eyes, seeing the orange-haired boy stand over him, watching him, "I don't have time to play with you. Where is Rukia Kuchiki?"

Ikkaku laughed, coughing out blood, "You are strong...but not strong enough to save her."

"Doesn't matter...just tell me where she is?"

Ikkaku pointed towards a tall tower in the distance, "She's there...waiting for her execution. But be careful...there is someone very strong guarding the place."

Ichigo gave him another look, "Thank you."

North-West Side,

Uryu put down a group of Shinigami when he heard footsteps, making him turn his eyes towards a man in Captain's coat. His face painted, walking over, "A Quincy."

North-Eart Side,

Sado was wearing full-body armor, black and white, with red stripes. His left arm was white, his red with a huge shield, and there were thrusters on his legs and back. He sped forward, punching towards the Captain of Eighth Division.

But the Captain shifted, easily dodging the attack, "My, you are dangerous. You have power, speed, even defense...but there is something you lack."

"What?"

Shunsui appeared behind Sado, smashing the hilt of his Zanpakuto towards Sado's waist, "Experience."

Suddenly Shunsui froze, seeing a hand that caught the hilt of his Zanpakuto, hearing a voice, "Ah, he's right. You are no match for him."

Sado stared towards the hilt, letting out a breath, and his Diablo armor disappeared, "What should I do? Jun? Do you want help?"

"Hm, let's see," Jun let go of the hilt, seeing Shunsui step away, "No, Ichigo is going to dive in...and he will most like get his ass kicked. He's going towards the tower, I think. Go there."

"Ok," Sado nodded, starting to walk away.

Shunsui held his hat, stopping Nanao from leaving, "Now, now, I can't just let you leave."

Sado glanced back, "As a sign of respect, I'll warn you...you should pay more attention to him."

Shunsui ignored the warning, or that was how it looked like when he moved at high speed, appearing in front of Chad. But before he could even put his hand on Chad, he noticed that Chad didn't even slow down.

A handheld Shunsui's wrist, throwing him in the distance until he slammed against the wall, only then coming to a stop.

"Captain!" Nanao dashed towards Jun, freezing, her body trembling just by his presence. It only lasted for a moment, but that was enough since pillars rose from the ground, forming a prison around her.

"My fair lady, I'd rather not hurt you...so stay out of this."

"Ahhh~~!" Shunsui groaned, removing the ruin, getting on his feet, rubbing the back of his neck, "It seems that I underestimated you."

Jun shrugged, "Mmph, it's understandable. You have lived for hundreds of years, let alone humans or souls. You have seen the likes of Captains come and go. Over time, you have seen the Fullbringers and other whatnot creatures that most Shinigami, even the likes of your Vice-Captain, don't know about. I can tell even among the Captain...you are one of the strong ones...what did Kisuke call them? The High-Captains."

Jun smiled, almost mockingly, "Why would just a few humans enter your eye...even if one of them had reached Captain level."

Shunsui looked up at the warm sky, "Hah...you might be right...I might have been set in my own ways. I guess I do owe you an apology."

"Then apologize," Jun narrowed his eyes.

"Captain!"

Shunsui lightly bowed, "I apologize for underestimating you and disrespecting you."

Jun tilted his head with a sadistic smile, "Ah, no need. Since to begin with, I am not human."

"Huh?" Nanao widened her eyes, and so did Shunsui, whose face was parallel to the ground.

He blankly looked up for a moment before bursting out in laughter, "Hahahahaha!!!"

He stopped laughing, taking his Zanpakuto, staring at Jun, "You are one of those. I hope you have the arrogance to back that up."

Jun's spiritual pressure appeared for the first time, causing even Shunsui to feel a sense of dread, a drop of sweat slid down his cheek. Blue veins appeared over his hands, moving to his whole body, neck, even the left side of his face.

Shunsui narrowed his eyes, getting hold of the Zanpakuto, "A Quincy."

Jun's left hand turned into a claw, a black cero appeared on his palm, a black bow on his left hand, and his clothes changed to a Black Quincy Coat over a White Turtleneck Shirt and Black Pants. He created an arrow with the cero, pointing towards Shunsui, "A Hybrid."

Shunsui narrowed his eyes, "Oh, my, I should have just stayed for the tea party."

Jun was about to fire the arrow when the bow disappeared, so did the cero arrow. He smiled, "Oh well, it's not time for that yet...let's not get ahead of ourselves."

He submerged into shadow, leaving behind his voice, "We'll meet again, Mr. High-Captain."

Shunsui let out a breath of relief, seeing him disappear, relieving Nanao from the prison.

"Captain, should we go behind the other guy?"

"No, let's not," Shunsui narrowed his eyes, "That boy...is hazardous."

"Captain...what did he mean by Hybrid?"

Shunsui looked towards the tower, "That...I don't know. But he's more than just a Quincy...a Fullbringer? No..there was something else about him."

Shunsui covered his face, rubbing his eyes, "Stay here. I need to talk to Captain Commander."

3