Chapter 86 – Awkward Dinner
486 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sakura and Hinata looked around the table; other than Guren, who was leisurely eating, Boruto, Sarada, Sumire, Karin, Yuzu, and even Hima was upset.

The two exchanged a glance before Sakura asked, "What is it, guys?"

Hima puffed her cheeks, "Daddy didn't recognize Himawari!"

She moved to fill her face with food in annoyance, angry and upset at her father.

Hinata softly smiled, "I see, so you went and fought against your Dad. How was it...?"

Suddenly, the mood came down again before Boruto jumped on his feet, pointing at Guren, "It's all Guren's fault! He had done some insane programming. If we take Aunt Sakura down, then Dad and Uncle Sasuke transform, going crazy."

"You mean kicking all your butts effortlessly," Guren corrected them, "You guys were destroyed. If it was real, then you'd be dead."

Boruto remembered it, shivering, clenching his fist, "Even when we reset it, and we take Uncle Sasuke out first. Then Dad still goes crazy...it's just not fair!"

Sarada stared at her soup, "Even when we managed to take down both Seventh and Father before they transformed. You cut your hair and become so much stronger than we were defeated again."

"Exactly, no one just gets strong by cutting their hair! It's just Guren that is exaggerating things, right?" Boruto was sore, but his energy died down as he asked, "Right, Mom?"

Hinata tilted her head, looking up, thinking, "No, that actually happened. Wow, Guren got it really right."

Sakura scratched her cheek, smiling, "Yeah, it makes me want to see it. It's so nostalgic."

"Really? So Dad and Seventh could just transform like that?"

Hinata nodded, "Yes, it was like their trump card. If it weren't for that, they would have died many times. There was even a time when the two were taken out, and your mother finally made her resolve to fight."

"Although I fought better, using Lady Tsunade's technique is a bit of a stretch," Sakura embarrassedly smiled.

"I agree," Guren smiled, "But then it would have left a loophole in the fight."

Sakura slumped her shoulder, "So basically, I am the weak link?"

She chuckled, her shoulders shaking, looking up< "Ahh...maybe we should go and see c

too? It sounds so good?"

Hinata held the food between her chopsticks, "Yeah...I want to see it too now."

Sakura started talking with Hinata about the old times when they noticed something, "Why are you two upset?"

"?" Karin looked up, looking away, "It's nothing."

"Oh, I know that one," Guren smiled, "They had this false expectation that they'd be as strong as their brothers when those two started out. So they are sulking."

Karin puffed her cheek, shooting a look at Guren, "When brother Ichigo first gained his powers. He was strong enough to take down the likes of that Hollow effortlessly. And I am sure that Brother Jun would have been able to effortlessly defeat Team Seven that we fought today. And they were just 9 years old then."

Yuzu looked down, clutching her clothes, "Maybe we shouldn't have come...we are just embarrassing our family."

Sakura patted her head, smiling, "I don't know about your family, but no one is that strong. Stories just get out of hand. Are your brother's legends?"

"It's true, you know!" Karin stood up, offended. She looked down, clutching the table, "When Ichigo came back after fighting against the Enemy of the World...his power was so strong that he had to be sealed in a safe room. His spiritual energy was so huge that it was starting to affect the world...and if a human even approached him, then there they'd vaporize. This is why he was sealed until he could control his spiritual energy. That's just how strong they are."

"Huh? If there was someone like that, then we'd have heard about it. What Enemy of the World, the War was over long ago," Boruto waved his hand, dismissing her.

Karin scoffed at him, "What do you know? You don't even know anything about your father, let alone us."

"You!!!!"

"Karin," Guren lightly spoke her name, making Karin look away, "I am done. Thank you for the food."

"Karin!" Yuzu stood up, bowing towards others, following after her.

Boruto sat down, frustrated, chowing down food when Sarada spoke up. What Karin said was meant for Boruto, but it hit her more, "Mom..."

Sakura turned her eyes towards Sarada, "Yes, dear?"

"You...Dad...and Seventh were great friends...right?"

"We still are," Sakura gently smiled, "Why ask that?"

"Then...why isn't Dad here? Where is he? Will you please tell me?" Sarada looked up with an earnest expression.

"Sweety, I told you...he's on a Super Secret Mission..."

"He has been on a Super Secret Mission! When will it end? I was starting to think that he didn't care about you and me but after today...I know he does! So is it just me?!"

"Sarada!" Sakura stood up, "Don't say that!"

"You know what...? I am done too," Sarada took up her plate, walking away.

Boruto looked towards Sarada, surprised, looking away with a sullen expression. He sneaked a glance towards Guren. He stood up, "Ahh~ I am so full and tired. I am going to bed."

"Boruto..." Hinata pressed her lips but didn't stop him, making a reluctant smile on her lips.

"Sorry, Sumire...you had to see this..."

Sumire shook her head, in a low mood as well, "I am just wondering...if Lord Seventh was that strong when he was our age...how strong is he now?"

"That...is hard to compare..." Sakura scratched her cheek.

"I can tell you," Guren smiled, "Let's see, if Seventh fought seriously against his counterpart, then he'd just crush him with one punch of a kick. Or maybe a chop?"

"Against someone like that," Sumire widened her eyes. Whenever Kid Naruto and Sasuke transformed, all of them working together just got crushed. It didn't matter how hard they tried or how much their teamwork improved, and it barely took any effort from anyone to crush them. The speed, the strength, the chakra, the gap was overwhelmingly huge.

*Break*

Sumire looked up, seeing Guren break a small part of his chopstick, barely a centimeter, "See, that's Kid Seventh, Transformed."

"And the bigger chopstick is current Seventh?" Sumire asked, making Guren let out an amused chuckle.

"No, don't be silly," Guren pointed towards the window, "The Moon out there...if you keep this block on the moon, then you'd be able to see the difference between then and now."

"The Moon?" Sumire looked out, her eyes slowly widening to the extreme, even to the point that tears started coming out of her eyes. She bit her lip, nearly bleeding, standing up, "I see...The Moon..."

*Tring*

Hinata was about to stand up to see who was there. But the door opened, and Shikamura peeked inside, "Hinata, Sakura, sorry for barging in."

"No, great timing," Sakura breathed out because of the awkward atmosphere, "What is it?"

Shikamaru rubbed the back of his head, "The two Queens, Lady Shion, and Lady Koyuki...both of them are here...and they are asking for Guren."

"What?"

"Those two?"

"Oh, they are here," Guren got on his feet, "I have been waiting."

"You wrote them a letter?" Shikamaru narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, Lady Tsunade said that those two owed her husband a lot and adored him. So if I ever needed funding, I could write them."

"You create so much trouble," Shikamaru scratched his cheek.

"Queens? Himawari wants to see Queens?!" Himawari's eyes shined as she caught up to Guren, taking his hand, pleading.

"Sure," Guren smiled, walking with her.

2