Chapter 108 – First One Lost? 0.o?
333 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Guren watched the True and False Quiz written on the monitor behind the platform where Sai and Shikamaru were standing.

"The question will be revealed at Exam Venue B, which is 20 km from here," Sai raised the working Stopwatch in his hand. He continued, "Any Genin that aren't there in 60 Minutes will automatically fail. Furthermore, various traps have been laid..."

Sai continued speaking while everyone started running to reach there on time. While Yuzu and Karin tried to pull Guren, who raised his hand. Sai only stopped when he saw only three of them standing there, "Yes, Guren, is there something you want to ask?"

"Yes, Proctor," Guren gave an ignorant, virtuous smile, "Can we...at any point of the first exam attack the others. To make sure they don't pass the Exam or for other reasons?"

"Uhh...ummm," Sai was confused for a moment, taking aback, unconsciously looked towards Shikamaru for help, who covered his face.

He came over to Sai, whispering, "We didn't prepare a rule against that...it's on you."

Sai nodded, "Then, you can."

"I see; thank you, Sensei," Guren looked into Sai's eyes, "Oh, and one more thing?"

"Hm?" Sai unexpectedly fell into a Genjutsu, but it wasn't a high-level Genjutsu, so he immediately released it. When he came to, Karin had already used Shunpo to take the Stopwatch from his hand and give it to Guren.

"Thank you, Sensei," Guren stopped the Stopwatch, "You said...time according to this watch, right?"

"Ahh~~ Look at that, the watch stopped working~!" Karin exaggeratedly spoke, pointing at the watch that was working.

Guren stopped the watch, "You know what? You are right, and I guess we can take all the time we need while others hurry along."

"Yeah," Karin resting her head on her palms, walking Guren, while Yuzu bowed and apologized for them. She hastily followed them, "I stored some food in the scroll. Can we have a picnic? It's such a beautiful place."

"Sure, sure, Yuzu, anything for you," Guren smiled, patting her head as they leisurely walked.

Sai's just stared at the clawed hand where the Stopwatch should have been, "Oh my, what just happened?"

Shikamaru covered his face before he started laughing, "That guy...he always seems to be on a pace of his own."

"That seems to be true," Sai scratched his cheek, "I didn't expect that to happen."

Above the Cliff,

The Kage's, other than Hokage and Kazekage, were standing, watching all this one a large screen.

"Wait, is that even fair?" Mizukage pointed at the screen, asking the others.

Darui narrowed his eyes, "Heh, because of the peace, the number of Chunin is dropping. We were hoping that this Joint Chunin Exam would raise the numbers...but that girl...she's in a league of her own."

Tsuchikage sighed, "There is no denying that...no wonder she was put in charge of the two girls from the Other World. Not many, if any, would be able to handle the News of the Whole Other World on the other side of the Sea and be so casual."

"That's no a she."

"Hm?" The three Kages turned back, seeing Garra walk over, late, staring at the screen, as the departing back of Guren.

"What are you talking about? Look at that skin, those eyes, those lips, the clothes, even the heels, how is she not she," Tsuchikage protested.

"I have never seen such a beautiful girl," Mizukage nodded.

"That she... he. Guren Uchiha, the Son of Sasuke Uchiha, and he's devious," Garra narrowed his eyes, "Too devious."

"Huh?" Mizukage, Tsuchikage, Raikage, the three of them blanked out, "That's...a boy?"

"How can that be a boy?!"

"I have been watching him," Garra shook his head, "He is more of a Ninja than anyone in the Generation. Even to the point of using his natural good looks to confuse and eliminate the threat to himself. Before this test started, he went on a show of power by using the Genjutsu to make others knee so they couldn't even look at him, which eliminated even more of his opponents. I am starting to wonder what he would do now that he holds the time of the first Exam."

Garra stopped as the picture on the screen changed to Genins dodging the traps, "I am afraid, more than the Tests and Proctors, the Genins would have to be more careful of him."

"Geez, Hokage really hit the jackpot this time," Darui rubbed his head, sighing, "That kid reminds me of the guy in legends..."

"Itachi Uchiha..." Mizukage scratched his cheeks, "If only our best Genins hadn't been promoted to Chunin, this would have been a match worth watching."

Four Hours Later, Venue B,

Sai was standing on the platform with two banners on his sides, a circle, and a cross marked on it.

He was patiently waiting, but the other Genins weren't the same. They were adamant about knowing in the second hour, but seeing him not answering, they all gave up by the third hour, and now, they were all just sitting, waiting.

"He should be here anytime," Shikamaru whispered to Sai, who nodded, looking at the Genins.

"Almost all of them are starting to feel tired, and the excitement had died down. The effects of running for nearly an hour and fighting are showing. Their senses are becoming dull with all the extra delay and confusion," Sai analyzed, seeing the states of the dull Genins.

Only a few like Shiki and Mitsuki were still sharp; other than them most had given up on understanding the circumstances.

Shikamaru sighed, "I am afraid...there is one more blow coming...to sweep them off their feet. And affect their decision-making powers while answering the question. We might lose more than what we predicted."

"That is...if he doesn't interfere any further," Sai frowned, "If that happens..."

"No, even he knows the limits. After all, this is the First Joint Exam; it would be a shame if it was over in just one round. That would be a huge loss," Shikamaru was just saying when he heard the sound of heels, and so did the others.

Guren, Karin, and Yuzu walked into the Venue, relaxed, even having had a short nap at their own leisure.

They were the only ones who were standing up, but Sai nodded, "Now, then, since everyone is here-"

He was hoping everything would go uninterrupted, but someone did interrupt, "Proctor! They are four hours late! The time limit was supposed to be an hour? Are you breaking your own rules because they are from your village? Is that why we are waiting?!"

The Genin's speech seemed to have riled up the crowd; even the Leaf Village's Genin weren't happy, while some were conflicted.

But before Sai even said, they all heard a tick in their ear and the amplified sound of the Stopwatch's hand moving, attracting their eyes to the Stopwatch in Guren's hand.

"Mr. Sai always said that the time would be noted according to this Stopwatch. So I chose to take it," Guren looked at the Stopwatch, smiling, clicking again and again, "See? It hasn't even been a minute since the time started for this Exam; we still have fifty-nine more. If only you guys didn't start running like stupid horses in a race, then we could have all come together, right?"

Shikidai sighed, "Damn, he got us good."

Boruto squatted on the ground, "Now, that's just unfair...while we were working hard...they just..."

Sumire chuckled, "That's so like Guren..."

Shiki clenched his fist, glaring at Guren, "I lost...even though I reached here first...Guren Uchiha."

1