Tier 1.46: Shopping Spree (Part 2) [Multiple]
1k 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey! Hey!

So here's the conclusion of the shopping spree. I have decided to not give two characters a section: Trogia and Cherry-Blossom as they have the chapters directly before and directly after this interlude. Also, in the last chapter Sulin was given the game name of Savanna, and although most of the action here takes place before that happens, for simplicity sake, she will be referred to as only Savanna.

Like the last chapter there is plenty of talk of sex, but no actual sex takes place.

Spoiler

The Party

Cherry-Blossom — Wood Sprite, Forester (Level 9) — They/Them

Mack* — Felinoid, Duelist (Level 9) — She/Her

Yarrow — Wapita, Hedge Witch (Level 10) — She/Her

Trogia — Corrupt Human, Dark Acolyte (Level 7) — He/Him

Rick* — Elenian, Shaman (Level 8) — He/Him

Crystal — Red Gnome, Ax-Maiden (Level 10) — He/Him

Ellie* — Pixie, Trickster-Mage (Level 8) — She/Her

Savanna — Human, Archer (Level 7) — She/Her

*Real name. No character name assigned.

[collapse]

* Rick *

I found myself hanging out with Trogia again, since Yarrow had gone off with Savanna.

I found I didn't mind his company. Although I was a little put out that I wasn't with one of my old buddies. However, I suppose they didn't seem much like my old buddies any more.

Crystal, that pudgy good-humored guy who always looked out for me, had gotten prickly of late. I knew it was hard for him being in a woman's body, and I wanted to be there for him. Talk it out. Maybe offer some sage advice (if it turned out I had any to give). Maybe just be a shoulder to cry on like he'd been for me after my accident. But he had no desire to talk about it or linger on the subject for as much as a second. He was so set on avoiding it that he preferred to be on his own.

Ellie, on the other hand was the exact opposite. She'd so embraced this new life, I didn't know how to relate to her anymore. She was one-hundred-percent a little pixie girl now, and I could find little trace of the Ellie I'd known since high school (Matthew back then), no matter how hard I tried. It made me wonder how much of that person had been real and how much was it the mask she showed to the world.

Of course, all this made me wonder if I'd changed too. It didn't feel like I had, although I knew having the liberty of working legs again had altered my outlook. I was more confident, more optimistic, generally happier (all the sex I was getting helped with that too). But it was still me. Wasn't it?

We hit up the men's clothing store first.

I said to Trogia, "I guess you'll be happy to finally get some real clothes." It's weird how I'd gotten used to having him walk around in nothing but a leather thong. But it only took the slightest reminder for it to be weird and awkward again.

"I wish," he said glumly. "But my ma—My patron has made this a condition of her support. It's like a test or something."

"Oh." I felt like adding that sucks, but I didn't want him to feel worse about the situation than he already did.

Two young store assistants came up to us as we walked in. They looked like brother and sister. Both were blond and slight of figure. They asked if they could help us. The sister led me off to see about better gear, while the brother aided Trogia.

Unfortunately, they had nothing that would be better than my kilt. The best pants the had were the same tier (4), but lacked the magic bonuses on my plaid skirt. 

"What about a shirt? Or we have some vests that you might like?" she offered.

"No, I really shouldn't. I get better stats without one."

"Oh, right. Elenians. I forgot." She giggled. "It true you usually aren't the best customers. Usually they don't even wear as much as you do. Did you come from Dewy Valley?"

This perked my curiosity. "No, I'm heading that way. Are there other Elenians there?"

"Oh yeah. A whole village."

I started throwing questions at her hoping to gather information about our destination, but she didn't have any answers.

"I've never been. Every now and then, some traders come up here. The are always very nice, but then traders generally are. Good for business, you know. But I can't say they talk much about their home. Although, there has been rumors about some problems in the valley. Something about a dark presence that has invaded. Some in town say there's disease there now and won't travel that way any more. The traders deny it. But of course, no one would admit to that."

I filed the information away and considered my options for other clothing. The penalties applied to each body area covered. So, I could wear more than one thing over the same area and not lose any additional points in my Defense Rating.

"Where do you keep you're underwear?"

"Oh, I don't wear any." She started to raise the skirts of her dress as though to show me.

I waved at her to stop. "No. I meant your store. Where would I find underwear that might fit me? Maybe a pair of boxers?"

She looked perplexed. "We don't sell those. You might want to try the lingerie shop. But why would you want to restrain yourself like that? It must be so convenient with that kilt."

"Convenient?"

"Sure. Like if I was to give you a blowjob. I could just duck under there without any fuss." She dropped to her knees and brought her head toward me as if to demonstrate. Except, when her hand started lifting up the kilt, I realized she actually planned to go ahead with it.

"Whoa!" I said, holding her by her shoulders to keep some distance between us. She looked up at me with pleading eyes. Her expression made my dick twitch and begin to harden. I didn't want to cheat on Yarrow, but I was damn tempted to let her go through with it. I mean, she wasn't real after all. It wouldn't be cheating if it was with a computer construct. Would it?

Right at that moment, however, Trogia walked by. The smirk on his face was like a splash of cold water. And my ardor ebbed even more when the male clerk said, "Lucky you, sis." Then addressed me with a wink and added, "Let me know if you need any additional attention."

They walked off to a different part of the shop, and I said to the girl at my feet. "Look, I appreciate your ... er ... enthusiasm, but could you show me to the shoes." 

She looked crestfallen, but a moment later her expression changed back to the blank pleasantness she had when we'd entered. She stood and said, "Right this way, sir."

They had a pair of moccasins that beet out my old boots by a mile, so I bought them.

Trogia got himself new sandals and a black hat that looked a bit like a watch-cap. And I was happy when we left the store behind. I didn't like being tempted like that.

In the wand shop, I was relieved to see the only shopkeeper was a wizened old man. Although found myself much less pleased when every comment he made about his wares seemed to be a double-entendre. 

"My, that's a fine looking shillelagh you have there. Your wood is so smooth and hard. I nice thing to have in your hand, I bet."

"Er ... right. I'm looking to upgrade."

"I might have something that will please you, in the back. It's a nice long one that I'm sure you'll love. It will simply make your mouth water." He leered as he spoke, and it made his decrepit face look even more wrinkly. I let out a sigh of relief, when he shuffled off into the back room.

Trogia laughed and said, "I bet you're just going to love the long, hard staff he comes back with."

"Go to hell."

The shillelagh he had was an improvement, and I made the trade-in and got out of there as quickly as I could.

I had the plan of going in the lingerie shop to see about the underwear, but when I saw all the lace and silk in the window, I couldn't bring myself to enter.

There wasn't much else either of us needed, so we finished off at the magic shop, checking to see if they had anything that might be to our advantage.

The woman who served us seemed a lot more normal than the others we'd encountered and was able to find items for both of us. Trogia picked up some fingerless gloves that helped with spell-casting. And I got a necklace that boosted my defense. It fit my overall look pretty well and consisted of a leather string holding a pendant with a small wooden loop that looked a bit like a dream-catcher and a red feather.

We stepped back on the street, and I noticed Crystal exiting the shop across the way. I waved and called out to him in greeting. He blushed and cringed. It was then I noticed that the store he was leaving was the sex shop. 

Trogia said loudly, as we walked over to him, "Get anything good?"

"I ... ah ... just ... I went in there by mistake. That all."

"Hey it's cool," Trogia said. "Whatever floats your boat. So, was it bondage gear or a vibrator?"

"What? No! I didn't get anything like that. I mean, I didn't get anything. Shut up."

His embarrass was so painful I could feel myself turning red in sympathy. "Come on," I said, trying to move past the subject. "Let go find that tavern and get a beer."



* Yarrow *

It was nice going shopping with Savanna. In a way, I was glad Cherry and Ellie went their own way. I still liked both of them a lot, but it was one thing to go shopping with a friend, and another to go shopping with couple. There would have definitely been a third wheel aspect to it I wouldn't have enjoyed.

I could really think of nothing I needed. My emerald-green robe was the highest tier currently available in the game. It had been designed for felinoids and had high slits on either side and up the back, running from its mid-thigh hem to just under my bust. The slit on the back was obviously for a tail. The side ones were just to be extra slutty. But I hardly cared. I'd rather not wear it at all. I might have found a better staff, but I rarely used it, so figured, why bother. I even sold my shoes since they didn't contribute to modesty and I no longer had any interest in wearing them.

The only thing I picked up on the entire trip was a new nipple-ring (at least now I was symmetrical) with a magic bonus.

Afterward, we spotted some temples. Savanna was reluctant at first to get blessed by a god, but I managed to talk her into it. Pledging yourself to a god had drawbacks, but the rewards far outweighed them. I know the thought of forgetting your real name was hard for a few people to handle, but it was only temporary. And wasn't that just a part of being fully immersed in the game?

Savanna picked the middle temple that was for a warrior goddess and entered with some trepidation, but emerged half-an-hour later seeming re-energized.  Her eyes practically glowed with an inner fire. She'd gained in beauty too. Her body had lost some of its former androgyny and had become curvier, but also more muscular and toned. Her hair had lightened a shade and had gained luster. I once again was reminded of my thoughts of having her watch Rick me. Only now I started to wonder what it would be like if she did more than watch.

"How did it go?" I asked.

"Well, I guess I'm really part of this group now."

"Obviously. But was the god, Diaphia, good to you? Is your quest difficult?"

"I guess the bonuses are good. The quest might be a challenge, but it doesn't involve going anywhere specific. It just ... um ... it's more about honoring her ways."

We walked back to main street in silence, but before we got to the tavern, she asked me, "Do you ever get used to having a new name or does it always feel like you're going insane?"

"That's just the initial shock. In a day or too you won't even think about it anymore. In some ways it will become even more natural than the old one."

"What?" she asked with alarm. "What do you mean by that?"

"Just that once you accept it, you'll completely stop questioning it. It will seem like the name that suits you best and the name that has always belonged to you."

"That's pleasant though," she said heavy with sarcasm.

"It depends on how you look at it. Would you prefer the game let you select something like Basilia." I picked a name I remembered from an old D&D campaign. "But every time someone calls you it, it sounds wrong, and you have to think about it when ever anyone asks? Would that be easier or more pleasant?"

"At least it wouldn't feel as though my memories were being rewritten."

"As I said, it will pass."

In the tavern, half the group was there drinking. Blossom and Ellie were still out though. We sat down and I told everyone about the temples and Savanna getting her game name.

"You should go, Mack," I told her. "Once we head into the wilderness you might not get another chance for a while."

She frowned. "I don't know. I'm not sure that god stuff is for me. I don't relish the humiliating name that Katie will stick me with."

"But it boosts you up so much more than any other single thing in the game. And the names aren't humiliating."

"Sure. You got Yarrow. That's almost cool. But look at Cherry. Cherry! No thank you."

"You could call her Blossom."

"Like hell I will."

"Well, I think you're letting a silly fear kept you from a big advantage. Plus, one of the goddesses is a felinoid, so it's a great match for you."

She pulled her mug of beer close and murmured, "I'll think about it."

Before a new conversation could arise, Blossom and Ellie came in.



* Ellie *

Blossom and I took full advantage of our first shopping trip as women. We hit the clothing store first trying on all kinds of dresses and outfits. It would have been nice to find ones that were better than our current gear as neither of us much cared for their overtly lewd look. But unfortunately nothing came close to matching the bonuses ours had. So, it was just a bit of fun time going through everything in the store that fit us.

Cherry was particularly disappointed that her current gear was too good and none of the cute dresses she'd tried on worked out. "Look at me," she said staring at herself in the mirror. She had on her blue-gray dress that was mostly a bra with flaps of fabric in front and back, black stockings, gold slippers, black lace gloves, a wide embroidered bracelet, and a tiara. "I look like a little girl who just raided Madonna's closet."

It was a pretty busy and eclectic outfit, but at least it covered her, unlike my mesh dress that revealed everything. Oddly, I'd stopped worrying about my constant exposure long ago. It's funny the things you can get used to.

"A very cute girl who just raided Madonna's closet," I said, which earned me a kiss.

Next, we stopped in at the lingerie store. We didn't try so much on here. We mostly just gawked at the extremely sexy underwear and made comments like, "Can you imagine!" or "You'd look so sexy in this!"

After getting all of that out of our system, we got serious and looked into weapons. Blossom picked up a new higher capacity bandoleer for her knives at the tannery. Then, more knives at the blacksmith's. I was able to get a new pick-ax there as well. 

We stopped in at the magic wand shop, where a very rude and ancient man, evaluated my Rod of Focus. 

"This is a magnificent rod. You must be very proud when you whip it out. But I'm sure you'll be much happier taking my wand."

From the rack behind him her took down a wand that appeared to be chiseled from a purple crystal. It was about four inches long and was rounded as though made up of eight spheres flowing together. It looked a lot like a dildo.

"Do you have anything else?"

His answer was, "The wand chooses the magician. And I'm sure you'll find this will fit you quite excellently."

Blossom whispered in my ear, "Hmm. Maybe that would have more uses than just combat." The mental image of using it on her did more to convince me to buy it than the added bonus to spell-casting. But it did give me a good boost in that department as did the tongue-stud I found at the magic shop. 

That item was going to take a little while to get used to. It felt gigantic in my mouth at first, but it was something I'd probably get IRL. And I loved the way Blossom's eyes bulged with shock and anticipation when she saw what I was getting.

When we reached the tavern, we were the last two there. I guess the others hadn't done the same amount of browsing as we had.

Rick shared some information he'd learned about the Dewy Valley, and he and Yarrow seemed anxious to get there. There was some odd need for connection with others in your species that the game implanted in your mind. I remember the way I felt when we ran into Tania the pixie, and I could understand the appeal of going to an entire community of your own.

Everyone decided we should leave at first light. There really wasn't anything else to do in Thistle Brook, and several of the others (Mack especially) was anxious to get going and gain more experience.

But just then a group of six players came in (two humans, two felinoids, a Lutrin, and a fairy). They seemed stunned by the sight of us. Several of them actively ogled us. I could feel quite a few eyes glued to my nipples. "Excuse me," the otter-girl said, approaching us. She was dressed in a long midnight-blue mage's robe with silver threading. Its coarse fabric and modesty indicated it was starter equipment. "We just entered Feronia. Someone told us you were experienced adventurers." Her voice was pitched higher at the end, making this sound like a question. "The game isn't exactly what we had prepared for. We were wondering if you could give us some pointers."

26