Chapter 04
73 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The youth and Old Ahn held hands with each other as to not get seperated.

They talked about a few things that aren’t really that much important, but as they continued conversing to each other, the youth soon felt at ease. The more he talked to him, the more he know Old Ahn.

In a while, a forest finally appeared within their sight.

“This will do...” The youth didn’t want to trouble Old Ahn any further. After all, not only did he helped him at their first meeting. He was even kind to him. Any further, the youth will feel bitter in his heart.

“Can you head back home in your home?” Old Ahn said in sorrow.

The youth hesitated for a second before opening his mouth to speak, “..Not entirely sure....”

Old Ahn groaned a sighed, as he reached out the head of the youth, “Acting tough is fine, but not all the time,” as he spoke, he stroke a few strike the youth’s head, “That’s why don’t be ashamed to rely onto those who are older than you.” A smile creeped out of his face as he said, in all sincerity.

The youth didn’t speak any further, and just focused his gaze in front of him.

The woods in the forest were all tall, a size of a three story building. Even so, their figure wasn’t thick nor skinny, nor was it an average. Even the people who lived nearby considered the woods a mystery.

Old Ahn pointed his finger to the woods and said, “Those are the woods from the legends. Legend has it that it was used as a foundation to create the castle, but to the descendant of ancient one, it was considered something that is used by monsters who surfaced in the world in their ancestors past life’s.”

The youth stared at the wood in a daze. He never knew such a simple wood has a long history. Little did he know that in the whole world, that wood that he’s belittling is the only one in the whole continent that ever existed.

As it seemed that it peeked the youth’s interest, Old Ahn was immediately delighted, and continued with his little story, “Apparently, there was even a tale that the demon lord has descended into the land, and became a human…”

The youth’s heart started beating rather fast. He was extremely interested in his story. The youth didn’t hide his thought, and said it out loud, “Did he really fell the land? Does it mean he’s powerless now and even I could defeat him?”

“Hrwm! That’s possible.” Old Ahn said, before continuing, “But how did a lad like you know the existence of the demon lord?” Old Ahn said with full interest.

“My mother and father often told me a story about it!” The youth exclaimed excitedly.

“Oh, so that’s it…” Old Ahn frowned his brows over the woods, ‘Even someone who isn’t from royal family know the existence of the demon lord. It’s supposed to be hidden in the public..’ He swirled his hand into his beard with full interest as he had a thought, ‘Just what origin does this lad family has..?’

After walking sometime, the youth finally discovered something and almost jumped in joyed, “I found it! We’re close to our house!”

In the middle of the woods, a house! Just how crazy your family is… Furthermore this is the holy land, where the legend wood reside. Once someone get lost inside, they’ll only be able to make it back after a few days… What’s more surprising they’re living at the center of the woods. Old Ahn felt unease unto what kind of background the lad has.

As they continued walking to the unknown, soon, a barn appeared before their eyes. The youth immediately ran towards the barn. Old Ahn tried to stop the youth, but wasn’t able to. After all, he was afraid that he may hurt the lad.

The lad’s figure continued running, after some time, he finally reached in front of the door leading to the inside of the barn. The youth knocked a few times before shouting, “Mother! Father! I’m home!” 

As soon as the youth screamed in happiness because he finally made it back home, his expression sullen deep as a figure of a beautiful lady opened the door with her eyes full of anger.

Old Ahn was also shocked in surprised, as he screamed in his head, “Such a beautiful lady!” but he didn’t said it out loud because it’ll be a rude thing to do.

The lady took a glance at the youth, before looking at his back. There, he found a middle aged man. The lady’s tone immediately turned cold as he pointed to the direction of Old Ahn, “Who is he?”

The youth’s pale face turned ashen, as he was rendered speechless like a stone. He couldn’t say anything, even an excuse. Old Ahn took the lead, and replied to her question, “I Am from the Trey town, name’s Ryou Ahn… Ahn for short.”

“I didn’t asked for your name, nor your country. What I’m asking is why are you here, and why is En’s with you?” The lady said.

“That is…” Old Ahn paused for a moment before replying, “He got lost in the woods and ended up drifting into Trey Town close to the woods. Luckily, I was on duty that time period and managed to helped him come back here. It was a long journey but I didn’t mind it.” Old Ahn recounted all the events, and everything. Even the youth’s encounter with the lady of a noble household.

The lady heaved a sighed of a relieved, as she made a way through the house, “It must be some quite a trouble along the way. Come inside and have a tea with us.”

Old Ahn immediately refused the offer, “Apparently, I’m also currently on my duty right now so it’s impossible…” Old Ahn beat the bushed around and immediately asked her his real motive ever since hearing what the youth had told him, “How did you make it in and out from the forest? Even the best exploration team wasn’t able to come and out from the holy woods as they pleased.”

The lady didn’t answered immediately as she shifted her gaze into a different direction, and pointed her pointing fingers.

Old Ahn was dumbfounded and also stared the way she’s looking at. Soon, Old Ahn discoverer a mud steps on the ground indicating a road way. Old Ahn jaws almost fell off the ground. So there was a fixed roadway to travel around! Old Ahn almost spout out a moutful blood from his mouth. They had wasted a lot of time searching for the way, but who would have thought, that there was already a fixed roadway to travel.

 

4