Chapter 05
69 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A confused looked surfaced in the lady’s face.

Old Ahn scratched his head and chuckled in all awkward, “Ahh…. Ahaha… So there was a way like that…”

“Why? Didn’t both of you followed that path to come here?” The lady said.

“No…” Old Ahn said while biting the corner of his lips.

Seeing that it seemed like what the middle aged man spouting was all but truth, the lady folded their discussion, and changed the topic, “Come inside and have a cup of tea… Now that you know the right way to come in, and out, you won’t be able to get lost from now on.” 

Old Ahn thought about it for a second before accepting the offer.

The lady brewed a tea into his cup after he let Old Ahn in and sat on the louche. Old Ahn hasten the pace and immediately drank the tea and left.

After leaving the lad’s house, Old Ahn memorized the way. To his surprised, it really easily led him the way out. It didn’t even took half an hour for him to reached the Trey Town in his foot.

Old Ahn immediately went straight to the capital to report the case, about the fixed road way. But when the exploration team came to checked the location he described in the report, the mud steps road way was nowhere to be seen.

10 Years Later. 

Raising his hand with a plow atop the sky, the plow soon descended the land and dug a deep hole.

After a few strikes into the ground, the teen soon got exhausted and got his hand to swiped his sweat away.

“You, brat!!” As the teen rested by standing into his spot, a voice resounded from else where. The teen cried out as his brows widened in resentment, “What is it! Did I made a mistake again?”

Soon, a figure of a middle aged man approached the teen and smacked his head with his fist, “You ungrateful bastard! How many times do I have to tell you that you had to fix your trajectory before striking!”, he pointed his pointing finger into the messed up land and continued on, “How are we supposed to grow a crop there now!? Hrm!”

The teen frowned his brows, he sized up the surroundings before replying, “How are we supposed grow a crop in the middle of the woods anyway! And, why are we even finding our own meals in the woods when we can just sell the woods to the nearby town and buy a proper meals!”

Strangely, instead of hitting the teen again, the middle aged man trembled in fear, as he froze from his position. His lips trembled for a second before opening his mouth to speak, “H, How did you know the outside world?!”

“I’ve gone there before when I got lost in the woods. Didn’t ya forgot, after I got home, ya gave me a good ass whooping that time!” The teen said while glaring at the middle aged man, before continuing, “Why am I even stuck here. I’m already 18 years old yet I still can’t go to the town...,” He said in all sorrow.

At this word of his, the middle aged man twitched his brows in anger. Afterwards, a fist suddenly emerged out of nowhere, and arrived into the head of the teen. The teen cried out in pain…

“Be thankful that we’re protecting you from seeing the cruel world outside.” The middle aged man said with cold eyes.

The teen gave the middle aged man a glare before leaving in tears. Like usual, he went to the direction he usually stays whenever he felt sad. 

Soon, as the teen continued running, a huge tree appeared within his sight. The woods was rather weird in size, but what’s more even weird is there is a house atop the woods. The teen continued running till he reached the side of the huge wood, and circled around. From it’s back was a hand made wood ladder. The teen took his time climbing, before reaching the end of the ladder. A louche welcomed his sight after he arrived into the top. Into the top, was the insides of the house he had seen from outside earlier. He walked toward it in all sadness before sitting into the louche. 

Apart from the louche, his surrounding was empty in spaces. In front of it was an open place he usually used for sight seeing. 

Staring into the deep woods, the teen cried intensely as he muttered to himself, “What protecting. Instead of protecting, isn’t this called locking!?” The teen cursed inwardly as he shifted his gaze over the clear blue sky.

The sun soon bid farewell, as it’s figure started to faded away. The teen climbed down from the house tree and headed to their lonely house.

When he opened the house, like usual, it’s boring sight unfolded. The unusual thing was his father and mother was talking to each other in the dining table. The teen hid to the side to eavesdrops.  

“What do you mean, dear! He’s already old enough! Why do you continue locking him!” Soon, his mother came to speak. Her facial features wasn’t that slightly ugly, more like it could be compared to the jade beauty in the whole continent. If she wasn’t the teen’s mother, surely the teen would have fallen deep in love with her.

“What can we do about it… We can’t expose him outside or else…” Before his father even managed to finished his speech, the teen ran to his bedroom in tears. 

The two couple noticed him ran, and spoke to each other in all worries, “Do you think he heard all of it from the beginning?” His mother said.

His father shook his head, “I don’t think so. I bet he’s just upset because we never let him out the woods…,” His father paused for a bit before continuing, “What do you think… Should we let him out of the woods?”

His mother nodded in answered. Seeing that his wife agreed to it, he heaved a long sighed, “What else can I do… Chase after him, and let him go on his own tomorrow…”

His mother was immediately delighted, as she stood up from her seat to chase after the teen in his bedroom.

2