Chapter 25 – Arriving At The Frontline
1.8k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who want to read ahead upto 15 chapters please support me and go to:

w.w.w.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.c.o.m/abyssalmonarch

THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT TIERS IN PATREON WHICH ALLOW YOU TO READ AHEAD UPTO BY 5 CHAPTERS. SELECTING A TIER WILL GIVE YOU THE CORRESPONDING BENEFITS:

Tier 1 : Genin = 5 chapters ahead of all other platforms

Teir 2: Chunin = 10 chapters ahead of all other platforms

Tier 3: Jonin = 15 chapters ahead of all other platforms

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ('Line break')

[Current Mission: 1. Defend the frontline and repel the Hidden Rock Ninja; 2. Konoha obtains Victory]

Makoto Uchiha looked at the new Mission with a fighting spirit in his eyes, he wondered what the reward was this time.

When he went to the meeting, he was already prepared to leave.

After announcing his first orders, he went home again.

After briefly explaining the situation to Reika Uchiha, he had a 'rich' lunch at home and was about to leave.

"Mako-chan, pay attention to safety, mom is waiting for you to return safely." Uchiha Reika spoke worriedly.

Makoto Uchiha solemnly nodded his head and said, "Don't worry, mother, I am very strong. Even if the Third Hokage came here, I can still save myself. I will not die!"

With that, Makoto Uchiha's serious expression changed, and he smiled: "By the way, Mom, when I'm away, make sure you practice your cooking skills, you always add too much salt and burn the dishes. I hope your cooking improves by the time I return!"

As soon as his voice fell, Makoto Uchiha ran out of the yard.

Usually, Makoto would be ‘disciplined’ for criticising her cooking skills, but this time Reika spoke solemnly, "Don't worry! I will improve my cooking!"

Makoto Uchiha ran to the Konoha gate. As the Captain, he naturally wanted to rush to the meeting place as soon as possible. If any black cat dared to stop him on his way, he would directly turn it bald and then proceeded on his way. No cat can stop him from being punctual!

By the time he arrived at the Gate, several people had arrived earlier than him.

One of them was also an acquaintance, it was a member of the Police Force, Uchiha Kawaki who he had spent some time with.

Seeing Makoto Uchiha came, several Team members greeted him respectfully, without the slightest negligence. After all, Makoto Uchiha showed his strength earlier.

Uchiha Soren was able to challenge Makoto Uchiha because he was also a Jonin, while Uchiha Shingetsu, Uchiha Kazuhiko, Uchiha Shotai and others apart from their backgrounds, have nothing, and they dare not offend the Captain. Who knows if he bears grudges and ‘accidents’ happen later on.

Uchiha Kawaki, who was standing behind a few people, looked very embarrassed and worried.

He felt bad when he heard that Uchiha Fugaku appointed Makoto Uchiha as the Captain. He is afraid that Makoto Uchiha will care about what happened previously.

"Captain Makoto!"

"Yeah." Looking at Uchiha Kawaki who was dissatisfied, Makoto Uchiha was expressionless and his tone was flat.

He no longer cared about small fries like Uchiha Kawaki.

Although he is not magnanimous, he is not narrow-minded.

It was Uchiha Shotai who troubled him in the first place, and he was naturally counted on him.

Last time, Makoto Uchiha had already reported to Uchiha Fugaku about the conflict between the Police Force and the grandmother who set up a stall last time. Uchiha Kawaki had been severely reprimanded, and the matter afterwards was also resolved.

As long as Uchiha Kawaki doesn't die behind him, Makoto Uchiha doesn't mind letting him go.

As for Uchiha Shotai, it depends on the situation.

With his current strength, Uchiha is no longer afraid of Taichi.

Seeing that Makoto Uchiha did not bring up old grudges, Uchiha Kawaki was also relieved, he then retreated to the side with a smile.

About ten minutes later, the other Team members arrived one after another.

Shotai Uchiha arrived a little later, although he was not late, it was 11:58 when he arrived.

When Makoto Uchiha saw this, the corner of his mouth curled up, and he did not get angry, but said to them: "Since everyone is here, set off immediately, we will rush to the Northwest Border."

"Yes!"

The group of 31 set off immediately, and after exiting the Konoha Gate, they marched at high speed in the sea of forest.

......

Two days later,

Under the leadership of Makoto Uchiha, the Team reached the Northwest Border safely.
Makoto Uchiha squatted on a small hill, spread out a map and began to check where they were.

This is a special map. It includes the main outposts and watchtowers on the border that aren’t changed frequently, as well as the underground secret posts which shift every once in a while.

Since the Land of Fire has the largest land area and a vast border, it is also more troublesome to defend.

Currently, they were at the junction of the Land of Fire and Land of Grass. To prevent ambushes in the middle, or stray into a trap, he first went to the secret post to get the latest frontline battle report.

Despite the rapid increase in his strength, Makoto Uchiha still maintains caution.

Although some in the Team thought that Makoto Uchiha was too careful, most of the Ninjas who had participated in the war were convinced.

It is better to have a cautious Captain than to follow a reckless man.

Because they first searched for the secret post to obtain information, they delayed themselves by another day and arrived on the front line on June 25, but it was still a day earlier than the scheduled time of the mission.

After a short break, a meeting was held.

In the conference tent, all the 21 Captains who led the 500 Konoha Ninjas on the front line were present.

The man who presided over the meeting was a man with a blue Ninja hat and a beard. He looked in his thirties and his name was Mimura Hamaki.

"According to higher-ups’ orders, we only need to guard this place.

Although Hidden Rock sent a large number of troops into the Land Grass, as long as they had not launched an offensive, we will not take the initiative to attack.

Because our forces are at an absolute disadvantage, we can only focus on defence and wait for the battle to change."

"Since we can't engage in a confrontation, can we send a small group of troops to make surprise attacks and enter the territory of the Land of Grass to harass the enemy's army, while obtaining intelligence?

The speaker was a middle-aged Jonin. His proposal was not uncommon, but it was a very good but dangerous proposal.

Mimura Hamaki shook his head, he did not agree with this proposal, "We can't take risks, otherwise, once our combat power decreases, we can't compete with Hidden Rock in the war of attrition.

Don't forget, besides Hidden Rock, Hidden Cloud is on the East.

Once we lose too much on the Western Battlefield, it is difficult to guarantee that Hidden Cloud will not make sneak attacks. So we can only defend! It is only because of reinforcements, that we could hold the defence for so long."

The meeting lasted for a short while, but because the higher-ups had issued orders long ago, the discussion came to an end soon.

Makoto Uchiha did not express his opinion. Although he wanted to obtain Gold Coins and Equipment by participating in the war, he still had to be very cautious about this kind of battle involving thousands of people.

It is not yet known how many Ninja the Hidden Rock dispatched, and whether any of them had weird forbidden techniques.

He may be strong, but if he encounters Hidden Cloud's Elites, or sieges by Jonin or meets their Kage, he will fall into a huge crisis. Although the possibility is not high, it is better to be cautious.

......

Contrary to Makoto Uchiha's expectation, Konoha held onto their position, while Hidden Rock did not launch a large-scale attack except for intermittent probing attacks.

Instead, a steady stream of troops and materials were sent from the rear into the Land of Grass, fighting this war of attrition.

For a while, the battle was in a stalemate until August.

And Minato Namikaze did not go to the front line either, instead, he went to the Hidden Cloud battlefield.

At the time when Hidden Rock and Konoha were in a stalemate, Hidden Cloud dispatched troops again, and Minato had to defend the weaker Hidden Cloud battlefield first and did not return until early August.

On the night of August 5th.

Makoto Uchiha was sitting in his tent refining his Chakras when he heard an explosion outside.

"Enemy attack!!!"

 

 

40