Chapter 40 – Who Is The Hunter? Who Is The Prey?
1.6k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who want to read ahead upto 15 chapters please support me and go to:

w.w.w.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.c.o.m/abyssalmonarch

Tier 1 : Genin = 5 chapters ahead of all other platforms

Teir 2: Chunin = 10 chapters ahead of all other platforms

Tier 3: Jonin = 15 chapters ahead of all other platforms

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ('Line break')

In a dense forest three hundred miles north of Konoha Village, a Squad of four people were shuttling in the forest.

The Leader is Makoto Uchiha, the four-man Squad he is in has been searching for a day and a half.

However, no trace of Orochimaru has been found yet.

"I didn't expect that one day we would be ordered to arrest him. Before I entered the Anbu, I also participated in the Battle of Kikyo Pass with Orochimaru.

The thought that I might do something to Orochimaru makes me so excited that I can't stop! I hope we find him first! "

Nighthawk's tone was bloodthirsty and filled with excitement. Listening to his tone, it seemed that he was determined to defeat the injured Orochimaru.

In this regard, Makoto Uchiha can only say that his IQ doesn’t match his height and body.

He still does not know who is the hunter and who is the prey.

Although Orochimaru was injured after fighting against Jiraiya, that was not terrifying.

They are already the second Squad of Anbu hunting down Orochimaru, only 6 of the 15 people in the first Squad have returned alive after encountering him.

If it was the uninjured Orochimaru, he may be too lazy to do anything to the Anbu and may just leave.

But the injured Orochimaru will surely kill him to avoid trouble.

"Nighthawk, can you use your brain a little, don’t be a jinx, I don't want to meet Orochimaru!" The female Ninja code-named 'Bobo' on the side spat, she is the one with the good figure and the one good at Water Style.

"Me too." The Anbu, code-named 'Moon Lightning’ beside Makoto Uchiha, also agreed. He is a new member of the Anbu, he is good at Lighting Style.

Seeing that his Squadmates were not motivated at all, Nighthawk felt a little unhappy, and then asked Makoto Uchiha, "What about you Imperial Wind? You think so too?"

"Yeah." Makoto Uchiha nodded, "I haven't lived enough yet, I don't want to die for the time being."

Facing Makoto Uchiha's straightforward answer, the facial expression under Nighthawk's mask froze.

"Humph!"

Even Makoto Uchiha, who is far stronger than him, said so, left him with nothing to say, but he secretly scolded them for being timid.

It is rare to encounter such an important Mission and such a good opportunity.

If he could personally defeat Orochimaru, one of the legendary three Sanin, he would be famous in the entire Anbu, and after leaving the Anbu, he would be famous in Konoha!

Who can resist this temptation?

Especially Orochimaru has been seriously injured, this kind of opportunity is rare in a lifetime.

With the strength of their Squad, it is not like there is no chance to defeat Orochimaru.

But It's a pity that his Squadmates are too courageous.

Seeing that Nighthawk was silent, Makoto Uchiha sneered in his heart.

Although the Anbu are all elites, and they are much stronger than the Ninjas of the same Rank, most of them are Chunin and only a few are higher ranked.

According to Makoto Uchiha’s observations, the Squad Leader of each Squad is a Jonin, the outstanding members of Squads are Special Jonin, the total number of Jonin in the entire Anbu will not exceed 15.

Before the Third World Wars, the Uchiha Clan had more than thirty people, including special Jonin.

Special Jonin have their specialities, but Anbu's Special Jonin are good at fighting and tracking.

Because they in the same Squad, Makoto Uchiha also investigated the person called Nighthawk.

Nighthawk comes from a small Clan in Konoha. Before entering the Anbu, he was good at tracking, Wind Style and Sensing.

As a relatively rare Sensory ninja, he is very confident in his strength and is a relatively domineering person.

Obviously, he did not change even after entering the Anbu.

Originally, if Makoto Uchiha did not enter the Sixth Squad after Pheasant retired, Nighthawk would be the Squad leader.

Now the situation is unknown.

Makoto Uchiha also understands this but doesn’t care.

Makoto Uchiha was not prepared to stay in Anbu anyway.

When Kakashi recovers, he will resign from it.

After all, even if he’s not an Anbu, he can still help Minato.

Although the people here are good, most of them do everything by all means, and he does not like this atmosphere very much.

Especially for the Root members who are also in the Anbu, they have no lower limit when doing things.

In the last two months, Makoto Uchiha had several conflicts with members of the Root during Missions, the opponent was beaten to death by him.

Roar!

Just when Makoto Uchiha was about to swing around for a few more laps before going back, Warwick's warning suddenly appeared.

Makoto Uchiha hurriedly used [Blood Hunt], there was someone in a cave ten meters away, the other party was suppressing their breath.

If it were not for Warwick's reminder, and using [Blood Hunt] to the extreme, it would be difficult to find the opponent.

Judging from what his Chakra sensed, that person is very powerful, it should be Orochimaru.

Thinking of this, Makoto Uchiha paused, stopped on the trunk, and then took out his map.

Seeing him stop, the remaining three Squadmates also stopped on the surrounding tree trunks.

Moon Lightning asked suspiciously, "Imperial Wind, what's wrong? Did you find something?"

"I might have eaten something, and I feel a little uncomfortable. From the map, it seems that there is a small town not far from the east. Let's go there and take a rest." Makoto Uchiha's tone was slightly depressed as if his body was indeed feeling uncomfortable.

"This... okay." Moon Lighting was stunned for a moment, but he did not expect this to be the reason.

Hearing his words, Bobo nodded and said: "I agree, the Mission doesn’t need to be rushed, I also want to rest, let's go to the town to get supplies, and rest for a while."

Seeing that the three people agreed, Nighthawk’s face sank. In his opinion, the three of them must have been scared and deliberately delaying time.

Thinking of this, Nighthawk said: "If this is the case, let's go together, we don’t need to rush while searching the surroundings before leaving.

As he said, he pointed to a huge rock ahead, he looked at the small cave below, and said, "I will look at that cave."

As soon as the voice fell, he jumped off the tree one by one and then walked towards the cave.

When Makoto Uchiha saw this, he did not stop him, any more words would easily arouse suspicion.

He could not stop Nighthawk anyway.

With his current strength, although he is not an opponent of Orochimaru, he can still fight him.

Especially the injured Orochimaru.

He said that before, he was afraid of trouble.

And if the Third wanted to kill Orochimaru, it won’t be their turn to take his life.

He had asked the Anbu to hunt down Orochimaru but not kill him.

Even if Makoto Uchiha could defeat the current Orochimaru, he was not sure he could capture him and take him back.

In the Ninja World, the strength of Orochimaru may not be ranked in the top 10, but his life-saving ability is definitely in the top 3.

The moment Nighthawk stepped into the cave, Makoto Uchiha's muscles tightened and he immediately became alert.

Boom!

Nighthawk flew out of the cave suddenly, he flew out 10 metres away and slammed into a thick tree.

He vomited blood, his neck crooked and he lost consciousness.

Step Step...

Slow footsteps came from the cave, and Orochimaru came out clutching his left waist. His pale face was completely bloodless at this time.

His vertical pupil resembling a poisonous snake exuded cold killing intent, the air felt stagnant.

Feeling Orochimaru’s aura, Makoto Uchiha's heart shuddered. Is this a real Kage-class powerhouse?

Makoto Uchiha also killed many people, but his momentum and killing intent were far from that of Orochimaru.

But momentum alone cannot scare him.

"Because of his injury, he can't even maintain his calm?" Uchiha Makoto thought to himself, Orochimaru’s actions displayed his weakness.

But a skinny camel is still bigger than a horse, so he didn't want to agitate him.

However, Makoto Uchiha did not take action. Nighthawk, who had been 'second killed' just now, suddenly appeared behind Orochimaru.

With a slash of his Ninja Sword and a grunt, Orochimaru's head fell to the ground.

However, the smug smile on his face had not fully stretched when he found the Orochimaru’s corpse at his feet had dissolved into a puddle of mud.

"Not good! It's an Earth Substitute!" Nighthawk's face changed suddenly.

"Snake Arm!" Orochimaru suddenly emerged from the ground beneath Nighthawk.

Four thick pythons emerged from his sleeves and attacked the nighthawk.

They directly entangled Nighthawk firmly, while quickly tightening at the same time.

"Crack!"

There was a creak, and Nighthawk's neck was twisted and soon his body followed.

"Nighthawk!"

Seeing that Nighthawk, who was second only to Makoto Uchiha in the Squad, was instantly killed, Bobo and Moon Lightning screamed, their whole body felt cold.

Makoto Uchiha looked indifferent. He had already known Nighthawk would lose against Orochimaru.

He even wanted to pretend to and sneak attack him.

So naive!

If Makoto Uchiha used [Flash] just now, he would have a chance to save Nighthawk.

But their relationship was bad, and he had thought about it for a little more than 0.5 seconds when Nighthawk was gone.

It doesn't matter anyway.

Death in the Anbu is a common occurrence.

At this moment, Orochimaru, who killed Nighthawk in a flash, turned his attention to them.

"Makoto-Kun, I didn't expect that you were also chasing me. It's been a long time since I saw you." The killing intent in Orochimaru's eyes weakened slightly, his expression became normal, he looked as if he was reminiscing about an old friend.

The expression under Makoto Uchiha's mask was stunned. He did not have his Imperial Sky Sword out nor did he have his Sharingan activated, so hot did Orochimaru recognise him?

Seeing that Makoto Uchiha did not respond, Orochimaru said to himself:

"I told you, I like your eyes."

 

 

 

36