Que Sera Sera III – Adrien’s POV
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

September:

I yawn and stretch as I make my way to the back room. I just started working at Denny's two weeks ago and it's not bad. The job is simple, the pay is okay, and...I near the end of the long white hallway, reach to open the door to the break room, and there she is. Her fluffy dark hair falls around her softly and her chocolate colored eyes are downcast as she looks at a textbook in front of her. She narrows her eyes above her mask in concentration while one hand twiddles her pencil and the other rhythmically taps the desk.

I find a chair a few feet away and sit down, pulling out my phone and scrolling TikTok, but I keep hearing that rhythmic tapping. I quickly glance over: she's completely absorbed in that colossal textbook and as she leans forward to underline something, a lock of her dark hair falls out from behind her ear. I watch as she pushes it back with one hand - the tapping hand - and brings the pencil in the other down to the page.

"Hey, what are you working on?" She pauses and looks up.

"Oh, um, I'm learning about barbiturates..."

"Barbiturates...?"

"Oh, you know, the depressants."

"Oh, uh, yeah, yeah." She looks back down at that page.

"What class is it for?" Those chocolate colored orbs return to me.

"Psychology."

"Oh, cool. Are you interested in psych?"

"Kind of. Well, it's one of my interests anyway."

"And what else are you interested in?"

...

Ten minutes later we're hitting it off talking about how she wants to be a policeman when our boss comes in to remind us that break is over.

"Hey." She's closing the notebook.

"What's up?"

"Can I get your Snapchat?"

"Sure, it's..."

As I request to follow her my fingers shake and I nearly press on the little x at the side instead. I take a deep breath and click "accept" and see the icon change to "snap". Instantly I feel as if a fifty pound weight drops from my shoulders in a breath of relief. Yes, I got her Snapchat!

Snapchatting:

Adrien: hey, what's up?

Adrien: like, I was just wondering what ur doing?

Adrien: sry that sounded weird

                                                                             Eva: Not much. I'm at the gym.

Adrien: oh rly? Do u have like a workout buddy or do u just go yourself?

                                                                             Eva: I have a workout buddy.

                                                                             Eva: But she and I usually work out on the weekend. Why?

Adrien: oh my brother and I used to workout now I go alone so I often miss the company

                                                                             Eva: Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry.

Adrien: no!

Adrien: nononono.

Adrien: I didn't mean it like that

Adrien: he's in the miliatary, so we can't hang out much

                                                                              Eva: Oh ok.

Adrien: since u rnt working out with ur friend on the weekdays and my brother isn't here

Adrien: want to be workout buddies?

                                                                              Eva: Sure

0