Chapter 4: Reward
420 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV MC

After accepting the system's request, messages appeared before my eyes.

(old bull) - (Ding: "defeat man and escape" mission accomplished.)

(old bull) - (Ding: host gets 10,000 experience points.)

(old bull) - (Ding: level up, 2lv)

(old bull) - (Ding: level up, 3lv)

(old bull) - (Ding: level up, 4lv)

With my leveling up my injuries and my mental began to heal.

Then the messages of the system continued to appear.

(old bull) - (Ding: Host gets a new skill [Brutal Charge 1lv].)

(old bull) - (Ding: the skill [brutal charge 1lv] changes to [brutal charge 2lv].)

(old bull) - (Ding: Host gets a new skill [Berserker 1lv].)

(old bull) - (Ding: host gets 5,000 evolution points)

(old bull) - (Ding: host unlocks [evolution store])

(old bull) - (Ding: the host gets 10 characteristic points.)

he told me in a robotic tone.

Wow that's a lot of information.

Looks like I had gained two new skills [Brutal Charge] and [Berserker].

but yet these skills were not in the rewards.

(old bull) - (Host, this is because all your stats are blocked for the duration of the mission so any skills obtained during the mission will be obtained when the host authorized the finalization of the mission and will decide to receive the rewards of the mission.)

(Madeuse): Ok .. Thank you for the information, sir.

these are two skills that are interesting, let's see what they are used for.

First let's look at the skill [brutal charge 2lv].

(bull life) - ([brutal charge]: A skill that causes the host's [strength] characteristic to double during the time of its charge but in disadvantage it lowers the host's [agility] and [endurance] of the host for 6 minutes.)

Hm...this is a good skill but it should be used with intelligence.

This skill must be used to finish off the enemies.

Ok now let's see the other skill, I think it's called [Berserker].

(Madeuse): old voice you can show me the meaning of the skill [berserker] please.

(old bull) - ([Berserker]: This skill puts the host in a state of murderous frenzy, it grants a 50% increase in all the host's physical characteristics for 5 minutes but in disadvantage at the end of the time limit the host will immersed in a state of torpor for 3 minutes.)

This skill is great despite this drawback,

This skill is great despite this downside with this, if I run into an opponent much stronger than me I could instantly match it in terms of trait but I will have to eliminate it during its 5 minutes otherwise I could end badly.

Mr. Voice had also said that I had unlocked something called [evolution store].

Suddenly sir voice asked me.

(old bull) - (host would like to open [Evolution  store]?)

(Madeuse): Yes, please mister voice.

As a result of my words a blue screen appeared in front of my eyes.

             [Evolution store]

[steel horn]: costs 4000 evolution points.

[magic organ.]: costs 10,000 evolution points.

[piercing eyes]: costs 2000 evolution points.

[metal fur]: costs 6000 evolution points.

There are some good improvements in this store but what intrigued me the most was "[magic organ.]".

intrigued I asked Mr. Voice to tell me what this evolution meant.

(old bull) - ([magic organ.]: can give the host the ability to perform magic.

(Madeuse): Magic, sir voice what is magic.

I asked still puzzled.

(old bull) - (host, magic is a etheric technical allowing the host the ability to be able to control the elements at will.)

Being able to control the elements,

It's amazing!! With the magic, my power will increase to a whole new level.

I absolutely need this evolution and in addition its does not seem to be very expensive.

excited by this new perspective I got up determined and ready to fight in order to gain enough evolution point to be able to buy myself [magic organ.] but I quickly realized that I had forgotten to do something .

(Madeuse):......Characteristics!!

I wrote to myself surprised by my own forgetfulness.

I had received 10 characteristic  points at used.

I immediately opened the characteristics screen.

  [FEATURES]: 10 points 

[force]: 22

[endurance]: 13

[wisdom]: 18

[agility]: 5

[resistance]: 17

[mana]: 5

[magic ability]: none

I am fairly balanced in my characteristics if I do not count [agility] and [mana]


(Madeuse): mana ... mana ... hey sir voice what is mana.

Now that I think about it that weird word I had seen it slightly during my fight against Osvald but at the time I had not thought about it too much.

(old bull) - (host, mana is the fuel to make magic work, it is a source of energy so the more mana you have the more magic you can use over a long period of time.)

he informs me.

It is the fuel that allows magic to be used. Incredible so that means that if I improve the characteristic [mana] then the magic that I could do will be very great .... HAHAHAHA it's great, well I'm going to put all in mana.

No, calm down Madeuse

I should not favor only one characteristic because if I should favor only one so then my other characteristics will be very weak and that will give me a lot of weakness.

if I remember correctly the characteristics of [mana] and [agility] are both 5, so the choice is simple, 5 for [mana] and 5 for [agility].

If we now look at my characteristics then it should be more balanced.

[FEATURES]: none

[force]: 22

[endurance]: 13

[wisdom]: 18

[agility]: 10

[resistance]: 17

[mana]: 10

[magic ability]: none.

Satisfied, I closed my characteristics screen and I was resumed my trip to the forest.

............

Three days later.

I had been walking in this forest for three days now and still no trace of a worthy adversary.

I am even starting to become paranoid because at the slightest noise that is heard in my ears I immediately believe that it is an opponent.


A few moments later as I walked slowly while looking at my two blind spots, a black shadow very quickly passed in front of me and disappeared behind a tree.

at the appearance of this black shadow I immediately stopped in my movements and I looked attentively in the area where was the black shadow appeared.

With a snort, I lowered my head and charged towards the tree where the black shadow was gone.

As I reached the tree, ready to destroy it, I felt a pain like a bite on my back left leg.

Stopping in my load I turned my head and what landed in my eyes was a quadruped with a long muzzle.

He had gray fur and at the end of his body there was also a long fluffy tail, he was much smaller than me but the way he was looking at me made me shiver.

With a single movement of the left hind paw, I made him go.

As soon as he left I quickly turned around to face him and I said grumpily.

(Madeuse): I know you don't understand but I am promise that I'm going to smash you to pieces.

Following my words, this quadruped said with a long howl.

(quadruped): HERE, BIG PREY !!!!! (AWOOOO)

Following this scream, others were heard.

(howl 1): OKAY !!!! (AWOOO)

(howl 2): WE ARE ARRIVING !!!!! (AWOOOO)

(scream 3): TRY TO HOLD HIM !!! (AWOOOO)

And many others have made themselves heard.

Looks like it's not going to be a 1 on 1, I thought in backing up.

Although that they are small, I didn't know why but I was so scared.

(old bull) - (host, this is because its quadruped are predators and its predators are in the primitive predator class.)

(old bull)-(If humans are civilized predators then these quadrupeds are primitive predatorsand compared to humans these primitive predators often kill their prey in a very violent way so it is normal to be afraid.)

Explained to me mister voice.

If I go back to my memories of 5 months ago, sir voice had taught me that primitive predators, are other living beings that feed on the flesh coming from other living beings although they often kill their opponent in a violent manner but compared to humans, primitive predators kill only to feed and they are equipped with natural murderous protuberances.

Just thinking about what made a primitive predator such a dangerous being made me feel a great sense of crisis.

(Madeuse): Shit .... I feel that this fight is going to be very hard

End of chapter 4.

3