Chapter 7: Illness part 1
281 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

third POV

While Madeuse slept,

In a cemetery, large numbers of humans were gathered all seated and dressed in black, his humans listening to an old woman in her forties.

This old woman who happened to be Osvald's wife was standing right in front of a large photo of him decorated with a large number of bouquets of flowers.

(Melissa Holder): Dear friends,

I would like to warmly thank you for being with us today.

To help me and my family cope with the tragic death of my husband.

As many of you know my husband was a good man and a person with a passion for his work even though ...............

While Ms. Holder spoke sadly on the stage, in the audience, two men were chatting.

(man in costume): Are you, Mr. Jack Holder, ex-special force soldier.

Said a man in a suit and tie and wearing sunglasses.

(Jack Holder): Yeah it's me what can I do for you ... eh .... but who are you?

Jack answered but quickly noticed that of all the guests, this was the only person he didn't know.

(man in suit): I would like to speak to you alone, sir.

the man in the suit ordered while showing a plaque certifying that he worked for the government.

(Jack Holder): Yes.... Yes mister .....I'm following you.

Jack intrigued followed him wondering what the government wanted from him because you have to know that when the government steps in it means it is very serious.

Seconds later, now Jack and the distant man from Osvald's funeral ceremony.

The man in the suit began to ask a question.

(man in costume): Mister Holder do you know, what is the creature that killed your father?

(Jack Holder): It was a calf ....... now, if you have no further questions, please leave.

Jack said angrily at this man.

The man ignored the hostilities directed against him and revealed news that shocked Jack.

(Man in costume): Mr. Holder, the creature that killed your father is indeed a calf but it is not an ordinary calf, did you really think that a calf would be able to kill a man and especially to inflict him such serious injuries.

From the words of the man in the suit, Jack understood that some things were wrong.

(Jack Holder): ...... Now that you say it, it's true that a calf wouldn't be able to do that much damage, so can you tell me how this calf was able to do this at my father.

(man in costume): Mr. Holder, the information I have is classified as defense secret, I cannot give it to you in the presence of civilians.

(Jack Holder): I understand but .........

as Jack was about to tell the man in the suit that it was laughable to be classified as a defense secret, a story like this.

He was interrupted.

(man in costume): That's why I would ask you and your sister to follow me to the capital.

Jack was surprised then angry, with a very quick movement he grabbed the collar of the man in the suit and slammed it against a wall then said in a dark voice.

(Jack Holder): Me, I want to follow you but you can tell me why our government would want to discuss with a little girl of barely 9 years old. I don't know what the government is doing but I forbid you and your bosses to involve my little sister, she has already suffered enough, have I been clear?

(man in a suit): yes, yes, yes you were very clear but it would be for the good of your sister if you decide to follow me.

Hearing her words Jack felt a black anger against this man, he raised his fist ready to smash his face when suddenly the man spoke screaming and putting his hands forward.

(man in costume): wait, wait, wait ... Mr. Holder, is it by chance that your sister is ill, does she have severe nosebleeds or even appearances of fever suddenly.

(Jack Holder): how ... how do you know that.

Jack went from anger to shock as all of the symptoms the man in the suit had listed had happened to Celestina two days after their father died.

Looking at Jack's shocked face, the man in the suit was able to confirm that the information his bumps had given him was true.

(man in suit): Mr. Holder, my superior thinks that your sister has been infected with a disease not listed.

He said seriously.

Jack fell to his knees in despair because with a disease that can give such symptoms and when it is not listed it means that there is no treatment and the idea that he could also lose his sister made him lose all taste to life.

(Jack Holder): No .... impossible .... I can't accept it .... she's too young, she still has so much to live with.

Jack said in a daze but was brought back to reality by the man in the suit.

(Man in suit): Mr. Holder, don't worry, according to our teams of analysts, this disease would not be a fatal disease, it would be something quite different.

(Jack Holder): So please tell me what's gnawing at my sister.

(man in a suit): If you want to know, then I advise you to go to this address as soon as possible.

the man said as he handed Jack a card with the address of a government base written on it.

Jack took the card from the man in the suit and began to read it.

this reading will last about twenty seconds.

As Jack had just finished reading the map and looked up to ask questions of the man in the suit, he noticed that this man was missing.

After turning his head both ways, in hoping to see him, Jack stood up and walked back to the audience to watch his father's funeral ceremony close.

.............................

the day after Osvald's funeral ceremony.

In the Holders' farm, in a room in the Holder house which was pink in color on a child's bed, there was a little girl lying on this bed who was sleeping with great difficulty.

Across from that bed on a chair was Jack looking at a little card and Celestina while considering what to do.

Jack POV

Should I take Celestina there maybe they can cure her of this disease.

But if ever, they needed Celestina for something else.

the government could locked Celestina somewhere to experiment on this virus, maybe I could never see her again.

But if I do nothing Celestina could suffer from this disease for the rest of her life and Mom may never be able to recover from the continued suffering of his daughter.

As I found myself in a dilemma between going and not going, a soft hand rested on my shoulder.

I looked past me and the person who put her hand on my shoulder was my mother, she was looking at me with a sweet smile and her eyes were red from the fact that she had to cry a lot for the death of daddy.

(Melissa Holder): What's bothering you Jack?

She asks me as she takes a chair so that she can sit next me.

Knowing that I could trust mom's judgment, I decided to tell her everything about my meeting with the man in a suit until he offered me to join him at the Capital.

At the end of my summary I looked at mom and asked her.

(Jack Holder): So what should I do, mom.

(Melissa Holder): but of course you should go, if I understand correctly what the government folks have been saying is they can help Celestina so why hesitate.

She said smiling but I was still puzzled.

(Jack Holder): Yes you are right mom but you do not know the government as I knew it, they are capable of terrible things.

(Melissa Holder): But we have no choice Jack even if there is a risk in trusting the government, we still have to do it because he is our only hope to cure her.

Mom told me looking me straight in the eye, her eyes were firm.

(Jack Holder): Pff .... Alright I'll go with Celestina.

I say with a sigh.

(Melissa Holder): of course, I come too.

Said mom who was now standing and stroking Celestina's little head.

(Jack Holder): No mom you are not going.

I answered him firmly.

(Melissa Holder): And why, I shouldn't go.

She asked me with a dark look.

(Jack Holder): Mom, you have to keep John.

I reminded him because John is only a 3 month old baby and I'm sure they won't agree to bring a baby into their bases

Mom who understood that she could not take John said with disappointment.

(Melissa Holder): Alright I'm going to stay here with John but Jack promise me one thing, make Celestina feel better and then come home.

She spoke, looking at Celestina with tender eyes.

(Jack Holder): Yes I promise you mom.

At my words, I grabbed Celestina then put her in my car before leaving for the Capital.

End of Chapter 7.

3