Chapter 11: Herd
291 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trid POV.

While Celestina was still discovering her abilities and her appearance, in Vottor's Forest on a hill in a large valley a young calf was lying down and sleeping but her drowsiness was soon interrupted by Something.

Madeuse POV.

As I slept peacefully in an attempt to recover from the physiological pain I had suffered during my battle with Red, I was disturbed by a chewing sensation which was very unpleasant.

This sensation had woken me up and with difficulty I opened my eyes to see what was causing this unpleasant sensation.

After opening my eyes the first thing I saw was a quadruped which was very similar to me except for the tail and head because it didn't have a horn and it was smaller than me.

This quadruped looked at me with big adorable eyes and he was chewing one of my ears

When he saw that my eyes were open, he turned around and left screaming.

(quadruped): DADDY, DADDY, DADDY, it wake up!!!!

And he disappeared into the woods.

After the quadruped left I got up and looked at my surroundings and with surprise I noticed that I was inside a herd of its quadrupeds, all around me there were large ones with weird horns, hornless large ones and the little ones who should be their children.

(Madeuse): what are these creatures, mister voice?

I asked in fear as it could be civilized predators like humans keeping their food close to them.

(old bull): Don't worry host, they are not predators, they are herbivores like you, known as deer for males, doe for females, and fawns for children.

Mister voice told me reassuringly.

After being reassured, I decided to explore the surroundings.

.......................

While I was walking around I was able to confirm that I was currently in a very large valley with a hundred deer, this valley was surrounded by a lush and thick forest.

While I admired the beauty of the landscape, I asked mister voice.

(Madeuse): Mister voice did I win a somethings.

I ask him with hope to receive further rewards.

(old bull): Yes host, you have received rewards, would you like to receive them?

He asked me for confirmation.

(Madeuse): Yes, I would like to receive them.

After saying this, notifications popped up to me.

(Ding: the skill [brutal charge 2lv] changes to [brutal charge 3lv].)

(old bull) - (Ding: the skill [berserker 1lv] changes to [berserker 2lv].)

(old bull) - (Ding: for successfully surviving your attackers, the host gains 3000 experience points.)

.......................

After seeing the last notification I remembered that I had never checked my experience bar.

With this thought in mind I asked mister voice to show me the experience bar and just after asking, a small screen appeared.

[Madeuse: Level 4 ---> 4000/5000 ---> level 5.]

So I still have to gain 1000 experience points before I can level up, that's good to know.

While I was checking my experience bar, a voice called out to me.

(silvery white deer): Ah there you are here, little one.

After hearing that voice I turned around and what appeared to me was a large silvery white deer, the largest of all the herd and it was accompanied by the fawn that had woken me up.

(silvery white deer): Come here I have to talk to you.

Said the big silvery white deer to me nicely.

After he finished speaking, I walked over to him and said.

(Madeuse): We can't talk because you won't understand me.

I said trying to get him to understand his words but to my surprise he answered me.

(Silvery white deer): Oh I think we can understand each other small even perfectly well

(Madeuse): .....................

I was completely shocked because I didn't understand how he could understand me because we were not the same species and if I could understand him it's simply because the goddess Zégado offered me the blessing of universal understanding of languages.

While I was still in shock.

The silvery white deer that seemed to understand my shock, he explained to me.

(silvery white deer): I understand your surprise little one, if I can understand you its because I learned your language and that of many other species a long, long time ago.

Listening to his own words the silvery white deer had a look of nostalgia for its distant past and then as quickly as it appeared its nostalistic gaze faded to be replaced by a deer smile.

(silvery white deer): Now that your surprise is calmed down let's move on to the presentation, my name is Guidel and this is my son Reynold and you what's your name.

He asks me kindly.

(Madeuse): Me ... My name is Madeuse, Mr. Guidel.

After hearing my presentation Guidel nodded and asked me again.

(Guidel): Tell me kid, why are you so far from your farm because as you may have noticed when you met Red, the forest is not a place for a calf without parents or herd .

His question brought back painful memories that I wanted to forget, so I lowered my head sadly and answered him.

(Madeuse): I ran away from the farm it was to survive and for other reasons.

After hearing my answer he brought his head closer to mine and said, looking me straight in the eye.

(Guidel): And these other reasons you don't want to tell me.

I quickly shook my head to refuse his request and this made him sigh.

(Guidel): Pffff .... Alright, kid if you don't want to say it I won't force it then, well now that the question of your presence in this forest is settled, I would like to ask you an somethings.

I was intrigued by the request he wanted to ask me so while tilting my head to one side I listened to him.

(Guidel): Child, would you like to stay with us in our herd because I think it would be unforgivable for us to let a calf your age go alone in this forest endowing more than Red must surely be watching us, waiting for the best opportunity before attacking.

Guidel's request is heartwarming to me because I thought that after leaving the farm that I was going to undertake a long period of loneliness but Guidel's request gave me hope that I could again belong to a family, so with great joy I accepted his request.

I didn't know if Reynold understood or not but when I accepted Guidel's request, Reynold came running up to me with apparent glee and when he reached me he rubbed his little fawn head against my bovine head.

(Reynold): Big brother, Big brother, Reynold now has a big brother.

He said with excitement then without giving me time to react, he always asked me with the same excitement.

(Reynold): Come on, come big brother, Reynold wanna play with you.

I didn't know what to answer because I didn't have time to play because I still had to get stronger to be able to find mom.

Feeling my hesitation, mister voice spoke to me.

(old bull): Don't worry about your host mother, she was relatively young when she gave birth to you so I would say she still has a lot of years before humans killed her.

After a pose in his explanation mister voice continued spoke.

(old bull): And besides host, you are still young, still a child so have fun like a child.

After hearing the words of mister voice I was released from all constraints and with Reynold we started to play "head vs head" a very popular game for our two races.

...................

.............

While I was playing with Reynold, I finally noticed that Guidel was still looking at us.

So I stopped and started looking at it.

Guidel feel my gaze and he smiled and left for the forest where he seemed to come from.

As he was leaving I suddenly lost interest in him and refocused on Reynold.

Guidel POV.

Currently, I am satisfied, so satisfied because I managed to bring this young calf into my herd.

Still satisfied and thinking about the future project for my herd, a adult deer presented himself in front of me and he asks me with a slight trace of anger.

(adult deer): Your Majesty, why have you allowed this offspring of slaves the right to stay, it risks sullying the dignity of our noble herd.

When this adult deer said this and I admit it, I totally agreed with him, it would be intolerable to let this race of slaves fit into my herd, but for this child it was different.

(Guidel): Tell me youngster did you see her fight Red.

I tell him as I remember the power Madeuse had shown against Red.

(adult deer): No, I haven't seen him fight the red wolf.

He answered me.

(Guidel): So you cannot understand the treasure it will represent for our herd in the future.

Following my words, I moved away from the adult deer who still had questions in mind.

This poor idiot, he will understand when the time comes the treasure that Madeuse represents for our herd because he managed to stand up to Red when he was still a child, then when he will be an adult.

Just at this thought I shudder because he will then possess monstrous power, so having him on our side would be extremely beneficial for us.

End of Chapter 11.

1