Chapter 14: Departure.
190 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Madeuse POV

It has now been 2 days since we left the herd, oddly Guidel did not seem at all reluctant to let us go because after all during his 3 months living with him, I could see that he was really over protective of him. me and Reynold in particular.

If you are wondering why I am using the words we its because I am not alone on this journey.

(Reynold): Big brother is waiting for me, I can't follow.

Yes, Reynold is accompanying me on my journey.

...........................

Let's go back to 3 days in the past.

After the electric tornado has dissipated and the tests on my new magic abilities have been completed.

a deer that controlled the wind landed right in front of me, this deer was Fenget he came to send me a message.

I was summoned by the head of the herd for urgent maintenance.

As I descended the hill I was on I could see the members of the herd watching me but it seems that the acquisition of my new magical ability and my evolution greatly shocked the herd, I can see it just by looking at their expression showing respect and a trace of fear.

............

When I reached the place where the head of the herd, i.e. Guidel was resting and had taken up residence, I was stopped by a resplendent doe, she had brown fur but as she emitted a golden aura that gave her royal beauty.

This doe was Reynold's mother and Guidel's principal wife, Her name is Elene.

(Elene): Son of a slave, follow me, my husband is waiting for you.

Ah yes, I forgot to say it but she hates me. I had to force a humble smile so as not to be irritated because believe me once started in a quarrel this magnificent doe becomes a verbal monster, I have even sometimes regretted having learned the language of the deer.

(Madeuse): Yes, madam.

She hmphed me then she guided me to Guidel.

Once I got there I was able to see a big tree, the largest tree I have ever seen that was surrounded by a stream and decorated with beautiful silvery roses that are filled with mana.

Right in front of this large tree was a large silvery white deer which was stretched out and staring at us, its gaze was majestic, worthy of the king of the forest.

This deer which was Guidel then word to us spoken.

(Guidel): Elène, Madeuse lying down, please.

He asked us nicely and we did after we sat down Guidel's kind gaze changed to a more serious look like If he was reading through me.

(Guidel): First of all, congratulations Madeuse for having reached this level of magic mastery in the compatibility test, it is extremely rare especially at your age to be able to reach it because many adults can use magic but cannot it. mastered to the point that physical marks are detectable so congratulations, you all have my respect for your innate talent.

Guidel's words went straight to my heart and he filled me with immense pride in my abilities but while still savoring the feeling Guidel began to speak again.

(Guidel): But despite your magical power being powerful for the others of the herd ....... it remains weak in the face of the danger that the world has in store for you .... This is why you must train even stronger and more fiercely Madeuse so that you can survive.

What Guidel told me was like I was being thrown ice water over my head.

I am weak but I do not know how much so I should not relax and continue to train to become stronger, this is what Guidel wants me to understand.

Faced with this understanding of my own limits, my gaze is hardened, determined to follow the objective that I had chosen to follow.

Noticing my change of mind, Guidel smiles.

(Guidel): This is the kind of look I was expecting from you, Madeuse.

Then as if he knew what I wanted to ask him he began to speak.

(Guidel): Do you have a question you want to ask.

(Madeuse): Yes, Guidel, I ask your permission to be able to temporarily leave the herd.

(Guidel): Very well I allow it but has only one conditions.

(Madeuse): which one ???

(Guidel): That you took Reynold with you.

As I was about to speak with surprise because I'm did not expect this response, Elene began to cry out in rage.

(Elène): What are you saying my love, you are not going to entrust our son to this waste.

Just looking at her face I could see the disgust she had for me.

(Guidel): Enough Elène, we have already talked about it before, it is for the good of our son, if we want him to survive in this world which is becoming more and more dangerous and in addition he has failed the test of compatibility is what urges us to have it trained to survive.

Guidel said angrily at his wife who did not want to understand between the dignity and the obligation of their son.

(Elène): Very well but swear to me, son of a slave that nothing bad will happen to him because if something bad happens to him then you will regret it.

I felt a huge shiver that straightened my fur hairs, it gives me less and less want to leave because if it would be really complicated to watch Reynold and fight.

But looking at Elène and Guidel's eyes, I knew that was the only way they would let me leave the herd, so I nodded to let them know that I accepted Guidel's condition. .

Wait, he did say what I think he said.

(Madeuse): You have already talked about it among yourselves, but how did you know that I wanted to leave?

(Guidel): Oh that's what I originally wanted to send you to uncharted territory for your abilities to increase.

(Madeuse): You had already planned to send me out of the herd somewhere.

I say completely incredulous in front of Guidel's word.

(Guidel): But don't worry Madeuse, I'm not going to guide you to Red's territory or Orgo's territory, the routes I have planned for you will be safe for you.

He said with a big smile but nothing when looking at him, all my senses were on alert.

Its journey I do not feel it

.....................

Elene POV

After the slave boy left, I approached my husband in concern.

(Elène): Are you really sure you want to send Reynold with him, he's still your son.

At my words he sighed.

Yes I know this is the third time that I ask you but he can understand well the concerns of a mother who has to leave her child with a stranger.

(Guidel): pfffff ..... Elene tell me do you know why the goddess gave us, herbivores, the size, speed and number.

(Elène): To protect us from predators.

(Guidel): Exactly to protect us from them but now with the appearance of mana the carnivores will become much stronger because fighting and improving their fighting ability is their means of survival so if we don't want our son to assist when our herd goes out, we have to make sure that it hardens, that's why I send it to unknown land and if I chose Madeuse to accompany it, it is to protect Reynold from the threats that he can't handle it, do you understand now Elene.

Although still worried I had to nod my head and leave my son between the paws of this son of a slave.

(Guidel): If all goes well then we will soon see our son and his guardian with him.

(Elène): Guardian??? now that I think about it why of all the others you chose this slave to protect our son.

(Guidel): Because after me he's the strongest and so that they get even closer to our son and that a feeling of protection appears in the mind of his calf with regard to our son, that's all.

So that's it you want to make this son of a slave the keeper of our son.

(Elène): Husband do you really think that the calf will be the size to be his guardian.

I still ask him with some reluctance let this happen.

(Guidel): Yes, he is the size for this task.

Although still with some doubt I still decided to trust my husband.

Then now that the matter is settled I rub my head against my husband's before falling asleep while thinking about Reynold's future.

...............

Madeuse POV. 

Back to the present.

This is how I ended up with Reynold in this forest.

(Reynold): Big brother, you know where we're going Daddy didn't tell me where we were going.

(Madeuse): For the thirtieth time Reynold, we are not going to a fixed destination, we are traveling to increase our power.

(Reynold): Okay I know that but where will we find a way to make ourselves stronger.

(Madeuse): uh ..... I don't know.

(Madeuse): You even see you don't know, so come big brother let's go home.

As I was about to tell Reynold to stop and keep walking, we both heard some bushes stir.

And 10 humanoid creatures of green color came out of her bush, her creatures were small either the same size as Reynold, she was dressed in fur that covered their lower half, in their hands were long and sharp weapons that humans call sword .

These creatures looked at me and Reynold with sadism and excitement, drool was falling from their filthy mouths, proof that they were hungry.

(Reynold): Big brother, what do we do now.

Said Reynold with a lot of fear, I had to be understanding with him because after all those first time he comes face to face with a predator.

(Madeuse): Reynold prepare yourself because a fierce fight will take place.

Reynold nodded and stood beside me shakily.

Then after checking that Reynold was ready, I asked mister voice.

(Madeuse): Mister voice, identified his creatures.

(old bull) - ([Goblin 3lv], [Goblin 5lv], [Goblin 2lv], [Goblin 1lv], [Goblin 8lv], [Goblin 2lv], [Goblin 4lv], [Goblin 5lv], [Goblin 2lv] , [Goblin 10lv].)

(old bull) - (would you like to know the stats of the strongest goblin, host.)

(Madeuse): Yes, mister voice.

After confirming the profile and characteristics tab appeared to me.

[Name]: Krik

[title]: none

[species]: Goblin

[language]: language Goblin

[ability]: [5lv cut], [4lv bite], [4lv intimidation]

[blessing]: none

[territory]: cave

[generals]: Krak, Krieg, zikre

CHARACTERISTICS:

[force]: 7

[endurance]: 8

[wisdom]: 3

[agility]: 19

[resistance]: 10

[mana]: 0

[magically ability]: none

Oh they are very weak, his goblins.

While I observed the Goblin statistics, the Goblins surrounded us to block all our exits but at that moment a reckless goblin rushed towards me and Reynold with frenzy.

(Madeuse): Stupid you think you can beat me alone.

I say with a grunt, of course that goblin didn't understand me.

The goblin running towards me is zigzagged, it seems anticipated of possible ranged attack, quite intelligent creatures despite its characteristics of poor wisdom.

But alas for him this was useless, after he got close enough to me, he pointed his sword at my throat with the attention of slitting my throat but what greeted him was my head which hit his, the shock crushed him to the ground, the elongated goblin these started to tremble or must be due to a concussion.

(Madeuse): Ahahaha, you're in such pain so let it be.

Following his words, I stood on my two hind legs and then crashed my front legs onto the goblin's skull.

The power of this attack caused the goblin's head to explode in a deluge of bits of flesh and brain that spattered my and Reynold's black fur.

(Reynold): It's disgusting big brother, you could have finished it another way.

(Madeuse): You will have to get used to it Reynold because we will see a lot of this kind of scene.

Then I pulled my gaze away from Reynold to look at the other 9 Goblins who were still in shock at the violent death of their comrades.

I didn't know why but their scared faces really turned me on.

(Madeuse): Very well, who's next?

I say with a big smile full of excitement but for the goblins smiling was the beginning of their hell.

End of Chapter 14. 

1