Chapter 4: I Seem To Like Roses
3.4k 13 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am not sure as to whether I should continue experimenting on my abilities or not, there may be too many consequences that I am not aware of.

Psh. Isn’t that the exact reason we should do it? Fun for all!

Fiiiiiine, you win.

Wait, aren’t we the same person? SO didn’t we both win?!

Fine, we- I mean, I win?

Exactly.

However, before I continue with my experimentation there is one thing that I want to do. I take out my phone and text my mom.

Mom? Do you think you could send me a text on all the chakras? Where they are and what they do?

A few seconds later another message shows up from my mom.

Sure Honey, hold on one sec.

I sit in my bed for a few seconds before my phone dings with another message.

In order from top to bottom there is the white chakra which is The Crown and your connection with god, or whatever higher being you believe in. The chakra at your third eye is purple and has to do with perception or the sixth sense (Other ways of viewing). Next is the blue chakra at your throat, this one is for communication. After that is the heart chakra, it is green and stands for your connection with the earth, love, family and green growing things. Then there is the Yellow Power Chakra, at the solar plexus. Below that is the Orange Sexual chakra (right above the private parts). Finally there is the Root Chakra, it is blood red and has to do with survival, life, death and your connection with the earth.

I hope that helped! I love you Elle!

That is certainly a lot of information to take in. I send a quick message back saying that I loved her too, before processing the information I had been given.

Thinking about all of this stuff reminds me of that book that Sheyla gave me before I left. Maybe I should open i-

Wait! Almost all of the people that are watching your life on their computers have been experiencing info dumps over and over again! Give them some breathing room!!

Oooh, good point! Maybe I can scare them off with more world building! Mwahahahahahaha!

I open my inventory and grab the book that Sheyla gave to me from it. I open the book to the first page.

Welcome to Sheyla’s book of important things to know! This book is currently analyzing your different magical abilities to give you advice on how to use them, please wait a few moments before turning the page!

Suddenly most of the text disappears and is replaced with

You may turn the page now.

I turn it.

You currently have

the ability to use Psi and Mana! When you get to level 5 Class changes will be available to you that will allow you to gain another Ability. State the ability you would like to learn about before turning the page.

“Psi, please.” I say.

I read over what it has to say, before I sit back in my bed and contemplate the thoughts that it provoked.

Closing my eyes, the meditative state comes even quick this time.

I feel the chakras in my body. I turn my attention to the Chakra at the top of my head and grab control over the Psi that has coalesced there.

Then I slowly start circulating the Psi throughout my body, connecting each Chakra to the next.

I do this for an unknown amount of time before I stop and focus in on my Third Eye Chakra. Slowly and carefully, I start circulating the Psi inside that Chakra. My Third Eye cracks open.

I am thrust out of my meditative state as I feel something on my forehead actually open.

I run over to a mirror that I keep in my purse and take it out. I open it and look at my forehead, to my surprise a third eye actually looks back at me. The eye is blue with specks of green, the eye reminds me of a cat’s, especially in the way the pupil is shaped.

“Hey Elena, I know you wanted some alone time, but I thought you might want to know that your teacher Miss Elkins wanted to talk to you about something.” My mom makes me jump into the air from her sudden entrance and without meaning to, I turn around to face her.

“That was all that I wanted to tell you.” I expect her to comment on the whole Third Eye thing, but surprisingly enough, she acts like she can’t even see it.

She leaves the room shortly after that, while I ponder the fact that only I can see my Eye.

Finally I decide to take a look at the blue screen that had appeared in front of me earlier.

<Blue Window>

You have learned to use you Third Eye. You have unlocked the skill [Eye Of Truth] at Beginner level 1

<Blue Window>

“Please [Define Eye Of Truth]” I ask and another Blue Window appears in front of me.

 

<Blue Window>

[Eye Of Truth] allows you to see all that is being hidden from you. It is a passive skill that requires your Third Eye to be open in order for it to work.

<Blue Window>

 

Maybe the Third Eye is invisible? And I could only see it because it allows me to see the invisible? That seems like the most likely explanation for now.

That reminds me, mom said that Miss Elkins wanted to talk to me. I should probably call her, but to be honest, things in the normal world just aren’t as fun as things are in the magical world that I have been introduced to.

Oh well, I should probably call her anyway.

I pick up my phone and call her.

“Hello?” My teacher’s voice comes through the phone.

“Hi. Miss Elkins? This is Elena, you told my mom that you wanted to talk to me?”

“Hi Elena, I was hoping that you could show a new girl around. She just transferred over from California, do you think you could show her the proverbial ‘ropes’?”

“I would love to. What is her name?”

“Thank you Elena! Her name is Rose. She will meet you in front of the school building at seven. Could you meet her then?”

“I would love to. I have to go now, Miss Elkins. See you tomorrow.”

“See you then.”

I hang up the phone and tremble at the loss of an hours sleep.

I am distracted from that thought when I look out my window to see my father coming home from work.

Excited, I run to the door and open it heading down stairs to the living room.

My father is a 52 year old man with brown hair and brown eyes. He is one of those people that look ten years younger than they should.

He opens the door with a tired expression on his face, “Hello Elle. Is mom home? The ER room was very hectic today.”

“Another gang shooting?” I ask worriedly.

“Two in a row, It looks like something serious is going down in the underworld.” He takes off his shoes and falls on to the couch exhausted.

“I’ll go get mom, you just sit and relax.” I go to the kitchen to find mom stirring some pasta sauce.

“Mom? Dad’s home, he looks like he could use you. I will take over with the sauce.”

“Could you start some noodles while I check up on him?” She asks as she leaves.

“Sure thing.” I start working on boiling some water.

Monday Morning:

*Beep beep beep beep*

I slam the alarm clock. I groan as I get up and stretch, getting all of those kinks in my body. Ever since I leveled up I have been feeling refreshed, both physically and mentally.

Once I finish my morning ritual, I head down the stairs to find my Dad reading the news paper.

“Anything interesting happen?” I say as I start cracking a few eggs.

“Ha! I don’t understand how the media can have any trust left in them! I mean they flat out lie about Donald Trump. They talked about how he supposedly ‘removed Martin Luther King’s bust from the oval office, proving that he is a racist’. And when it turns out that they lied, they barely even apologize! And that is after three thousand news outlets ran with the story. To be completely honest, I am getting more scared of the people who run our media then Donald Trump.” My dad says angrily.

I give him a knowing smile, “Nobody can deny that the corporations don’t have our interests at heart. But what are you going to do?”

“Knowing that it is happening is doing something.” My Dad grumbles.

I grab some toast, bacon and eggs and set a plate in front of my Dad and me. “I will be running to school today. I promised to meet someone there early.”

“I was wondering what you were doing up so early.” He mumbles out while eating his food.

I finish eating my food, grab my backpack and head out the door.

I start building up a rhythm and run.

Unfortunately, after dinner last night, I didn’t have much time to experiment with my newfound abilities, but I still stayed up late enough to work on one ability involving the Psi in my Yellow chakra at the solar plexus. The book Sheyla gave me talked about it, so I became interested.

 

<Blue Window>

Through practice you have gained the ability [Unmatchable Speed] at beginner level 3

<Blue Window>

 

I have played around with it and I managed to bring it up a few levels last night before I went to bed.

I could activate it and for one second my speed would be increased by a substantial amount. I feel really hungry after I use it though.

I turn onto the parking lot leading to the school, slowing down as I arrived at the main office.

I enter the building, stop for a second to catch my breath and pull out my water bottle for a couple gulps.

“Is there something I can help you with Elena?” The lady at the front desk asks me.

“Yeah, I am looking for a girl named Rose?” I turn towards her.

Someone stands up behind me, “That’s me.”

I turn around to look at the transfer student.

She is a pretty girl with shoulder length pink hair and blue eyes. My eyes are immediately drawn to the small piercing at the corner of her mouth, as she gives me a small smile.

I give her a small smile in return, “My name is Elena, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” I hold my hand out to her which she takes.

“Rose, I heard you were going to be my tour guide.” The small smile on her face takes the sting out of her words. She then lets go of my hand and moves in front of me heading out of the office.

The little short-skirt on her sways back and forth, attracting my attention.

She twirls around and asks “Are you coming?” as she bends down to grab her backpack.

“Yeah. So, what do you want to see first?” I smooth over my momentary lack of attention.

“Well, it would probably be best to see my classroom first, then we can go and check out everything else.”

“Ok. Right this way, as Juniors, we get the the second floor mostly to ourselves.” I lead her around to show her our homeroom and where the other classes are.

 

Rose was an interesting girl, that’s for sure. I have noticed that throughout the time that I was with her, she kept a polite, but ‘I don’t want you to get to close to me’ face on. She would dodge any personal questions like an olympic athlete would dodge rocks.

What I find most odd though, is the fact that she intrigued me so much. I mean, I just discovered how to read someone’s mind and look into the secrets of the universe, yet I can’t get that beautiful girl out of my mind…

Maybe there is something that I am missing? Maybe she has something to do with The System and I am subconsciously realizing it?

No, that doesn’t seem right either.

How odd.

I end up rolling through the rest of my classes in a haze of thought. It is when the bell rings that I realize what has kept me distracted all day.

I’m gay.

Good, now that that is over with, I can continue with my life in a normal manner.

I say goodbye to the couple of friends that I usually hang out with then I start walking to a nice little coffee shop for a cup of coffee.

As I leave the school building I see Rose walking alone in the same direction as me.

I run up to where she is.

I open my mouth and ask her “Where are you heading?”

She jumps a few feet in the air and moves into a crouch before she recognizes me. “You scared me there.” She gives me a genuine smile.

“Sorry about that, are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I was just deep in thought.” We continue walking.

“What were you thinking about?”

“Just about my life, you know?” She sighs in an exaggerated manner.

“I get the feeling.” We walk in silence for a few moments “You never did answer my question you know.”

“What question?” Rose gives me a confused look as we stop at a traffic light.

The pedestrian sign shows the little green man, allowing us to go. “Where are we going?”

“We? When did I invite you?” The small smile on her face shows me that she is just kidding around.

“You didn’t. I invited myself.” I say as we enter the more industrial side of town.

“I don’t think that is aloud. I would take back that invitation if I were-“ I stop her and grab her arm.

I look around wearily.

Ever since I opened my Third Eye, I have been getting this slight sixth sense. And right now, that sixth sense was sounding off alarm bells in my head.

Then I see it. A finger sticking out from behind a wall.

Someone was setting up an ambush.

A little bit of light reflects off of a building on my right and I instantly activate my ability [Unmatchable speed]. In the two seconds that I activate it, I jump at Rose, wrap my arms around her and push both of us behind an office building as two shots were fired at where we were standing.

We land on the dirt behind the building. Rose immediately pushes me off of her.

“Elena?! Are you ok?” She asks me worriedly.

I move my hand slightly, showing her the bullet wound currently in my shoulder.

“Shit.” Rose takes her backpack off and to my surprise, takes out a handgun and a silencer.

Why didn’t I wear my gloves today? After I said I would too. God this hurts, I am such an idiot.

72