35 – A day at the library
272 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We got up early in the morning, as usual and after breakfast I went to the stairs to get to the library. After passing the kitchen, the cook was glaring daggers at me, I crossed the empty dining room. I was still dark outside. Finally I arrived at the door to the library. I knocked at the door.

After a few moments the door opened and Master Tynes stood in the doorway. He was wearing a long dark blue robe which was enveloped by strange colors. I noticed that ring on his right hand along with some other rings shimmering in weird colors as well.

“Good morning, Master Tynes.” I curtsied appropriately.

“Come in!” He gave me a leery smile and stepped aside.

I entered the library. Master Tynes closed the door behind me. I was standing in a passage leading ahead to another passage and beyond that a small passage enclosed by tall shelves continued to the far wall, about 10m away.

“Follow me!” Master Tynes walked up to the crossing and turned right. To the left the passage continued up to a wall about 10m away. Passages with bookshelves spaced along the passage we entered. I followed Master Tynes and after about five meters the passage opened in an open area with a few comfortable armchairs around a low table. At the wall to left stood four lecterns. At the right side of the room was a desk with a chair behind it. In the wall ahead were five small barred windows. As far as I could see now the library itself was a large rectangular room.

The bookshelves I had seen were rather dusty and the open area looked like it needed some work as well.

“We will begin learning to write runes.” Master Tynes walked over to the right lectern and I followed him.

“Stand here!” he pointed at the lectern. I walked to the appointed spot. The lectern was a bit tall for me.

“You’re too short.” I could feel Master Tynes breath at my neck. I looked back and he stood right behind me.

“Step aside.” He nudged me to the left and I stepped away. Touchy old man.

He pulled at the wooden board which I stood upon a few moments before. I could see a few guide rails in different heights. After he had pulled out the board he inserted it a few rails above and motioned me to step on the board again. This time the lectern was in a comfortable height for writing.

On the lectern was a slate and there were pieces that looked like chalk along with a rag.

“This looks good.” I could feel Master Tynes behind me and I could feel his breath in my neck. Then he took my right hand and moved it to a piece of chalk.

“Take the chalk.” His voice was just behind my right ear and I could still feel him at my back. I picked up the piece of chalk.

Then he took my hand and wrote three runes in a row at the top of the upright slate with my hand. I could feel him even more pressing at my back. He repeated the three runes three time while I realize he looked over my shoulder with a line of sight to my chest. I blushed.

“Now copy each rune in a column under the rune at the top. Call me when you’re done.” He stepped back after a few moments.

Then he walked over to the desk at the other side. I took a few seconds to get back my bearings.

Well, in regard of writing I wasn’t a blank slate. I started to copy the runes on the slate. It took some time, since I wasn’t used writing them. They were not all exactly the same, but they looked like the original at the top. Eventually I had filled the slate with the runes.

“Master Tynes! I am done.” I looked over my shoulder.

Master Tynes sat at his desk perusing a leather bound book.

He got up and came over to my lectern. I could feel him in my back again.

“Not bad for a beginner. Try harder to make them look the same and the columns should be straight and even! I want them exactly like the ones I’ve shown you.” He took the rag, leaned against me and cleaned the slate save the top line.

“Fill it and clean it again until you think they are perfect or I tell you to finish the slate for a review! Every rune I don’t like means a spank on your butt, understood?” He touched my butt with his hands.

“Yes, Master Tynes!” I blushed.

He left for his desk again, starting to study the old book again.

I bit my lower lip and started to draw runes on the slate carefully. They were not perfect, but there was progress. I decided to take all the time I could get to copy the runes. After a while my right hand started to hurt and I switched over to the left hand which felt better and changed to fill the slate from the right to the left, which was more comfortable after a while. I switched over to right after my left hand started to hurt from the unusual movements. I continued to change back and forth.

“Finish you slate and tell me when you’re done!” Master Tynes barked eventually.

I finished the slate with the runes. They were better than before, but not perfect. I sighed.

“I’m done, Master Tynes!” I just had finished the last free space on the slate.

He came over to the lectern, and stood again close behind me. He took the slate and wrinkled his brow.

“Follow me!” He went over to one of the armchairs.

“Yes, Master Tynes.” I gulped.

There were 131 runes I drew on the slate...

He sat down on the armchair.

“Lay yourself over my lap!” Master Tynes frowned.

Resistance was futile at this point. Thus I laid myself over his lap. He adjusted my position to put my hips right on his lap. After a few moments I could feel something stirring under my crotch! He waited a few moments.

My arms were hanging down over the armrest and my legs were straight behind be as the armrests prevented them hanging down.

Then he flapped my dress over, exposing my butt. The stirring at my crotch increased. Then he started to hit my naked butt with firm strikes. I stopped counting as I started to scream after about fifty. In addition there was something hard pushing up right under my crotch. Ewww.

“Try again. I will check again in a while. You know the rules.” He lifted me to my feet.

I limped back to the lectern. This morning was hell. I started to fill the the slate with runes again. Another beating like that? The strikes hurt, but the things I felt at my crotch were worse. I hoped this was worth it in the long run.

I had two more beatings this morning. I managed to get fewer strikes, but that only helped on the pain side. At least I hadn’t to sit on a chair with my stinging bum. The morning stretched itself into eternity.

Eventually someone knocked at the door. Master Tynes got up and after a few moments his servant and a maid from the kitchen came in and set the low table for lunch. They left after they finished.

Master Tynes sat down and started to eat. My lunchtime was after the lunch of the nobles. The smell was enticing, definitely better than our daily stew.

“Are you hungry? You may have the leftovers.” Master Tynes asked after he finished.

“Thank you, Master Tynes!” I looked over my shoulder, but paled at his leery grin.

“Come here!” Master Tynes patted on his lap.

Refusing to come after accepting his offer was very bad manners, Miss Iralalith told us. And very bad manners in respect to nobles were to avoid because the punishment could be harsh. I put down the chalk and walked over to him, trying to hide my repulsion behind a calm face.

I sat down on his lap after a prompting look. A few moments later I could feel his dick at my butt, fortunately with more cloth between. Then he started to feed me with the remains of his lunch. He was much too close, but I managed to keep my calm. In addition my butt hurt from sitting down alone. Lunch at the hard wooden benches down below would have been a torture as well, but I would have preferred it to this situation.

“I am full, Master Tynes” Fortunately there wasn’t much remaining food.

“Finish your slate! It’s enough for today.” Master Tynes gave me a light slap on my butt. I jumped with a yelp as my bum was still burning.

I got another beating after finishing the last slate.

“Now start cleaning.” Master Tynes gestured in the direction of the shelves.

“Yes, Master Tynes.” I started to limp to the passage down center of the room.

Most of the bookshelves I saw were covered in dust. There was a ladder long enough to reach the top shelves in each of the crossing passages.

“May I take books from bookshelves to remove the dust?” A swift wipe over a shelf accumulated plenty of dust.

“Don’t use water to clean them and don’t damage them!” Master Tynes sat down on his chair again.

“Yes, Master Tynes!” Do I look like an idiot? On the other hand I didn’t know how accustomed simple commoners are with books.

I started to get an overview over the library. It was a rectangular room about 10 times 20 meters. The rows to the back were less used than the ones near the open space. I came back to bookshelves to the front and started to remove dust from the books with my feather duster and used a slightly damp rag to collect the dust from the shelves themselves.

“I’d need water to clean my rags, Master Tynes” My last tries to get the shelves clean would certainly disappoint Miss Iralalith.

He let me out to get a bucket of water which he wanted to have in the open space, away from the books. This was reasonable, unfortunately. I could feel his gaze on my bum each time I hat to bend down to clean my rag. The ladder was heavy but I was able to handle it. There was a rail at the top of the bookshelves with hooks at the ladder to secure the ladder.

I had the feeling, that when I reached the back of the library the dust would be piling up again in the front.

“I need your help!” Master Tynes stood in the central passage.

“Yes, Master Tynes!” I climbed down the ladder.

“We need the ladder over there!” Master Tynes pointed at spot on the other side of the main passage. He had a book in his hand.

Carefully I carried the ladder to the destination.

“Put it back in the place in the second row from the top!” Master Tynes gave me the book.

I took the book in one hand and carefully climbed up the ladder. I found the place for the book easily and put it back in the shelf.

“I need another one on the top row. It has a green leather back and brass enbroiderments.” I realized Master Tynes had been standing just below me, and he was looking up. Right under my dress! I blushed furiously and after a few moments I started to search for the book. After a few seconds I found a fitting book. There were runes on its front side.

“Is this the right one?” I asked, determined to go down as soon as possible.

“Come down!” He still stood right under me looking up!

I climbed down and showed him the book.

“No. There has to be similar one six places to the left.” He pointed up to the bookshelf again.

I took back the book climbed up again, blushing. I found a similar book at the respective place after I put back the first one.

“This is the correct one!” Master Tynes patted my head.

“As soon as you’re able to read a bit, it will be easier!” He took the book he wanted and went back to his dest.

He came two or three times per hour with further requests to fetch or put back a book. I was unsettling, because each time he lingered at the base of the ladder, and nearly all books he wanted were from the higher shelves. I didn’t believe in coincidence at this point.

Later the day he left for an hour, which I spent cleaning the shelves. I opened a few book I cleaned and the most of them were filled with strange runes. The three I learned this morning were among them.

I found a book in draconic as well. The runes were slightly off, but readable. It was about dragon courtship behavior. After skimming over the abstract I put it back to continue cleaning.

After Master Tynes came back he let me put away several books from his desk, after that I was free to go.

I let out an relieved breath after the library door closed behind me. Slowly I headed down for dinner. I met Lilly and Tilly on my way.

“How was the day?” Milly gave me a pitiful look.

“Disturbing.” I hung my head.

“Have you found something written in ... you know?” Tilly followed me down the stairs.

“Yes, about dragon courtship behavior.” I looked back over my shoulder.

“...” Tilly’s eyes looked like they were falling out.

“How was your day?” I looked at Milly as we reached the refectory.

“The morning was ... challenging.” She sat down at a free table.

“The afternoon was normal cleaning duty.” Tilly sat down next to Milly.

“I’m not sure how much I should tell you. You may be sleeping better without.” Carefully I sat down on the wooden bench, groaning.

“Got beaten?” Milly propped her head on her arm.

“Badly. But that wasn’t the worst.” I frowned.

We had dinner. There was no training in the evening. I spent the rest of the day laying on the bed on my stomach. It was a bit cold. Caroline climbed up into her bed and after a few moments we heard a light snoring.

Milly wasn’t really in a talking mood after she inspected my butt. Fortunately the pain wasn’t that bad anymore. With some luck the worst would be gone tomorrow morning.

“It was a horrible day! I think we will be able to search for interesting information in the afternoon though.” I looked at Milly feeling tears welling up in my eyes.

“You want to tell me what happened?” Milly hugged me

“Best would be to forget it as soon as possible!” I started to cry.

I gave them a summary of my day at the library, weeping.

“Well, our day was just tough. I’m feeling okay by now.” Milly patted my head.

“Will you go back to the library?” Tilly caressed my cheek.

“It was hell to be all alone with this for the day. I will go another time though. We need more information in the long run.” I hugged them both.

“Don’t push yourself too hard, Lilly.” Milly looked me deep in the eyes.

“It’s not good, but I needed to let this out.” I looked back.

“Let’s talk about this in the evenings.” Tilly snuggled to my side.

“Fortunately it isn’t every day.” Milly snuggled to my other side.

“There are four lecterns. Don’t jinx it! Night!”

“Night.”

18