Side Story: The Afterlife(2)
3.7k 9 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heaven is pretty great!

It's basically like staying in a luxury resort. Every day I sleep in and get awoken by a beautiful angel maid then eat a sumptuous breakfast.

I can order basically anything to eat and the chef will even create new foods for me. Kiri ate things that didn't exist in the world he used to live in. There were meats and spices that he had never seen before.

It was quite a good life.

If it weren't for that pesky Gabriel

Every time Kiri wanted to relax or do anything Gabriel would be watching him. It really ruined the mood considering the fact his dead eyes would bore holes through Kiri's (fake) body.

It was rather annoying.

Apparently, Gabriel was Kiri's "afterlife manager"

Although Gabriel didn't seem to do much managing and mostly just kept an eye on Kiri.

It was still annoying.

The few times Kiri tried to speak to Gabriel he was brushed off and ignored.

Gabriel seemed to find Kiri's existence troublesome and would avoid him.

Even when Kiri called for him Gabriel would resolve the issue as quickly as possible and leave.

It was indeed a very weird relationship. Despite this Kiri still enjoyed his happy afterlife.

He spent a lot of time catching up on all the Manga and Anime that he missed. There wasn't any real conception of time and thus Kiri could enjoy every single creative pursuit ever created by humans. On the other hand, it also meant that if anything was cancelled and never continued Kiri would still be out of luck. He was shocked to find that quite a few of the Anime's he liked never got a second season.

[Curse these studios!]

Unfortunately, even with his vast wealth Kiri still didn't have the ability to make more seasons on his own.

Still, he enjoyed his (after)life. Even if some anime were canceled he spent many long hours cooped up inside his hotel-like room simply watching anime all day.

He could also play any video game he wanted. Only single-player games though! This greatly saddened Kiri since he was quite fond of MMO games.

Kiri even had a personal maid. Her name was Maxine and apparently, she was an angel as well. Unfortunately, Kiri learned very quickly she was not the "ecchi" kind of maid and a regular old maid. This was a shame and a little bit of a disappointment since Maxine was quite cute. Not beautiful, but she had a girl next door feel that make Kiri very fond of her.

Every time he asked her to do something she would bow and say

"yes master"

She seemed able to do nearly everything. From playing board games to sewing, and even setting tables.

Kiri felt like a wealthy playboy and had quite a lot of fun in the afterlife

thus Kiri spent nearly 1,000 years doing just that.

75