Chapter 119: Candidate
1.5k 5 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the light finished, Hatake moved closer he had little concern for it.

Kotori looked behind her at Fawks who was not standing with a smirk on his face.

[What’s he smiling about!] Kotori thought looking at the grin on Fawk’s face.

Hatake was bearing down on them, and they had no way of stopping him.

Kotori saw Shu in his rat form desperately try crawl toward her.

[Oh Shu…] Despite being in such a pitiful form Shu was still trying to protect his master.

[Please stay still… You’ve done enough] She said using [Spirit Seer] begging him to stop moving. Shu ignored her and continued to move closer.

Layla and Umi stayed motionless against the ground.

Just as Hatake began to take another step. A sword was thrown at his feet.

The sword had a slight shimmer, and a slight transparent look that gave the impression it was not a physical object.

Kotori looked in the direction to where the rapier was thrown and saw lightly armored man standing on the gang plank of that led into the ship. Standing next to him was Doran waving frantically.

“Halt! Take another step and I will retaliate” The lightly armored man said

Hatake ignored him and walked forward again, this time another sword was thrown out Hatake blocked it with his uninjured arm.

Then, Kotori saw a curious scene. The sword went through, it didn’t do any damage, it simply passed “through him” as if it was a cloud of smoke, despite looking unharmed Hatake gave a scream bending over in pain.

“I’m going to ask you to stop.” The mysterious man said frowning.

Hatake seemed to not hear him as he was laying on the ground clutching himself. The mysterious man seemed to be oblivious to this fact.

Kotori used [Status] on him

Amah Ro

Race: [Human] Age: 28

HP: 179

Mana: 364

Agility: 173

Strength: 79

Defense: 59

Skills: [Sword Smith]

Traits: [Queensguard]

[Low stats?] Kotori thought. The man wasn’t particularly strong and yet, he was able to bring a person like Hatake to his knees. He had the same [Sword Smith] skill that Yooma had although, he seemed to be using it in a different way.

[Does it have something to do with that sword?] Kotori thought reaching out to the shimmery sword in front of her.

“Ah my lady, I wouldn’t do that,” The lightly armored man said

Kotori instantly pulled back her hand.

The man leaped into the air and lightly dropped down next to Kotori.

“Are you unharmed, my lady?” He asked holding Kotori.

“Yes, I’m fine,” Kotori said still in shock over the event.

[The spirits!] She thought.

Kotori deactivated her mana buff, pulling it inside of her with [Gourmet], and then using her flute to send it back to Umi, Shu, and Layla.

The pain expressions on their faces seemed to lessen, but their forms remained the same.

She checked on Amelie who was also slumped on the ground.

“Amelie!” She said holding her up.

Amelie had been thrown onto the pavement and was taking short and jagged breaths.

[her ribs are broken] Kotori thought. She pulled out her flute and using the last remnants of mana used her healing song to accelerate the healing.

Amelie’s breathing slowed down and the labored nature of it also lessened.

[Good…] Kotori thought.

Her limbs felt deadened. She had used some of her own energy instead of Amelie’s to heal her ribs. Amelie was in such a poor state that forcing Amelie to take the brunt of the healing would’ve likely killed her.

Kotori laid against the pavement holding Amelie in her arms. She felt something hold her up. It was the man from earlier.

“it’s okay you may sleep now.” He said gently.

Her eyes lids lowered, and she felt herself being lifted away and moved.

** ** **

Kotori awoke on a swaying hammock. Her stomach lurched due to the movement. Huddled next to her were three small animals. A fox, a rat, an otter were all cuddled up against her.

She assumed that they were Shu, Layla, and Umi.

[Oh] When Kotori took their mana from them, it must’ve stopped them from regaining their forms.

Kotori hugged them a little tighter. Like a girl holding her stuffed animals.

[Thank you all] She thought.

They really were some troublesome spirits, going so far as to indulge her. She rubbed their heads nuzzling them.

The hammock lurched again

[Where are we?] Kotori thought. She appeared to be in the hull of a ship, and the sound of splashing water could be heard from the wooden walls.

 

Bleb Bleb Bleb

59