Chapter 149: Adventurer’s guild (This time for real!)
1.3k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Adventurers guild had turned into a ruckus when Kotori arrived but soon calmed down after a while.

Kotori wasn’t doing anything and exploring the multi-tier building. The first floor appeared to be a reception area and a small restaurant/bar where many adventurers mingled and ate food. A very typical adventurers guild set up.

The second floor was a little more interesting. It had two sections, one section was filled with rooms, essentially dorms for new adventurers and the other section was a small library.

Kotori realized their purpose instantly. The Adventurers Guild infrastructure in Eris, unlike the crumbling one in Faramouth actually had a support structure for new adventurers.

The dorms were meant for new adventurers and they could stay free of charge until they got onto their feet. Since the guild was the one who was taking their requests and tracking their income, they could very easily see if the adventurer was freeloading and kick them out if needed.

The library was filled with books on dungeon diving and monster bestiaries. It was a wealth of information that any adventurer could access at any time. There were even dedicated carrels along the wall for adventurers to sit down and read without having to take the book out of the library. Kotori didn’t think adventurers would be very studious but there seemed to be quite a few of them in the library diligently studying books.

Kotori herself had perused the shelves and skimmed a few of the books herself books with titles like

“The History of Labyrinthos”

“Your Party and You, How to Craft the Perfect Group, and not get Scammed”

“Adventurer Dating 101”

[Really?] Kotori thought after seeing the last title. She didn’t think that the volume she was holding in her hand was important information for adventurers, but it seemed quite worn and well-read.

[So even they have a romantic problem, at least I don’t have any, Mhmm!] Kotori naively thought.

Layla and Umi suddenly sneezed.

Still, reading the books gave Kotori an itch that she hadn’t felt in a while. She did still want to be an adventurer at her heart.

She consulted her group and they were fine with it.

“Sounds like fun!” Amelie said.

“Whatever Kotori would like to do I shall follow,” Umi said.

Layla also nodded her head agreeing.

Walking down the stairs to the first level she approached the desk.

The receptionist at this portion of the desk was a Beast Person. They had cat ears on their head. It was a sight that Kotori had gotten used to. Apparently, more Beast People were associated with adventurers due to their naturally strong bodies.

She was a cute little thing. Smaller than most of the other buff patrons and wore a uniform, there was a mop of brown hair on her head with two furry cat ears poking through them. On her uniform, there was a name card that read “Jean”

The receptionist seemed surprised that Kotori had come to the desk, but tried to hide it.

“Hello Nya!” She said with a cheerful expression

[What a professional] Kotori thought. It seemed like the adventurers guild here had thoroughly taught their workers the “customer service” in mind. The receptionist didn’t even seem fazed after her initial surprise. The receptionist seemed to speak with a “nya” tic.

“I would like to register some adventurers,” Kotori said.

The receptionist had a confused expression,

“You would like to register nya…” She said looking and Kotori’s companions.

In her mind it must’ve been quite a weird sight. Kotori’s group look like a bunch of beauties, the idea that they could fight was probably something foreign. It didn’t help that Kotori was quite young herself. Although she looked around 14 years of age she was in fact only 11, of course, her mental age was something else entirely.

“Yes, we would like to register as adventurers,” Kotori said repeating herself.

The receptionist didn’t question them further and only obediently retrieved the required document. She also pulled out a small light blue mana crystal.

“Okay, I’m going to need you to fill out these forms nya.”

The forms that the receptionist gave Kotori were rather simple. They asked for her name, age, and a few demographic information.

The crystal gave Kotori the most questions.

Kotori saw the receptionist pull out several blank sheets of paper.

Could you give me your hand nya.” The receptionist said to Amelie.

Amelie obediently gave her hand to the receptionist and the receptionist place the crystal in her hand.

The crystal seemed to flare the moment it touched Amelie’s hand.

Taking the crystal from Amelie’s hand the receptionist scanned it over the blank sheet of paper. The crystal beamed a thin line of light and printed Amelie’s general stats on the paper.

Unlike, Kotori’s [Status] the crystal could only rank based on certain grades instead of giving a numerical status.

And it didn’t show skills or mana either, it seemed like crystal only graded physical status.

“Mhmm, all A rank, I guess that makes sense for half wood elf” the receptionist said scanning the results.

There seemed to be surprise among the adventurer's guilds, Kotori hadn’t realized it before but she was actually being watched by all the Patron. Every adventurer in the whole guild was observing the queen’s candidate and watching what she did. Even if they pretended to ignore her presence they were still watching her.

Kotori sighed, she was still being too conspicuous.

[Looked like I have to do a little deception.] She thought.

 

 

44