Chapter 168: Who am I?
1.1k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kotori and her party were escorted out of Lala’s room by Sebastian and were now being led to some guest rooms.

It was still odd seeing the decorated and ornate walls in the dungeon but Kotori didn’t pay it any heed. Instead, she was focused on the man in front of her.

Well, Spirit.

Kotori’s assumption was that Lala had made Bartholomew, but it wasn’t like the [Status] page showed it. To be honest, he reminded her of a certain angel that Lala had mentioned earlier.

They were led to simple a large room much like the one at the Eris palace. There were doors along the wall and overall, the place was more akin to a suite than anything. It had several couches laid about and a small coffee table. The designs looked strangely different as if they had come from another world.

Kotori scanned it with [Gourmet] and found that the furniture was made of the same styrofoam mana just like everything else in the dungeon.

“I will take my leave then,” Bartholomew said bowing and then leaving the room.

Now alone, Kotori finally had time to process what had just happened.

She had just confronted what she could only assume was another “reincarnator” like her, not only that, this person somehow seemed to know she was reincarnated as well.

[Odd…] Kotori thought, it was quite a coincidence for her to have met her first reincarnator in this world.

Amelie was sitting on the couch staring at Kotori with an intense gaze.

[Ah, that’s right I guess she’s just learning now] Kotori thought. She had been hiding the fact she was reincarnated from Amelie. While it would be easy to say there was no reason to tell Amelie there was plenty of opportunities too in their travels together. Kotori had held this fact in despite being with Amelie for so long. Amelie may have said that she was fine with it but Kotori was sure she probably had quite a few thoughts on the matter.

Kotori walked over to Amelie who was on the mana couch and bent down.

“I’m sorry!” She said bowing into a dogeza.

Amelie’s eyes rose in shock.

“Eh? Kotori? What’s the matter?” She said.

“I’m sorry for not telling you.”

“Not telling me what?”

“Not telling you I’m reincarnated,” Kotori said.

“Oh,” Amelie said pursing her lips.

“I really don’t mind that much, it’s just a shock.” She suddenly glared at Kotori.

“You’re off-limits from watching me change though!”

“Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!” Kotori said repeatedly apologizing.

“Tell me about your world sometimes ok? I would love to hear about it” Amelie said her expression softening.

“Kotori, even if Amelie refuses you. It’s fine if you want to watch me change” Umi suddenly butt in pulling the collar of her clothes down seductively.

“Me too!” Layla said miming Umi’s actions.

*BONK*

Kotori walked over and Karate chopped both the girls on their heads.

“That girl's name was was ‘Lala’ right? She seems odd.” Amelie said.

“Mhmm,” Kotori said

In truth, it felt like Lala was hiding something from them but since she was already being so candid it was hard to tell what was being hidden. Lala had an understanding of this world that was far deeper than Kotori knew and even if she was hiding something Kotori didn’t feel like Lala held any malicious energy towards them.

“Still how are we going to get back for the queen’s trial…” Amelie mumbled.

[Right! We still need to find something valuable!] Kotori suddenly thought.

She scanned her memory to see if there was anything of note that hat dungeon had. Although Lala’s living area was ornate enough it seemed like there wasn’t really anything “valuable” that Kotori could take.

[Maybe I can tell her to make something?] Kotori thought. The dragon that served as the fake “dungeon boss” was probably made by Lala. Kotori was sure that she could maybe finagle something out of her in exchange for something.

Though, that would require Kotori to get into her good graces to start with.

Shu was standing in a corner with a troubled expression on his face.

“Is something wrong Shu?” Kotori asked walking up to him.

Shu took a step back in surprise his face blushing slightly Kotori was nearly face to face with him.

“Ah, no I just thought that Bartholomew was surprisingly polite.”

“Polite?” Kotori said.

Shu scratched his head.

“I don’t know kinda think he’s cool?”

[Cool? Does Shu swing that way] Kotori thought. She didn’t really think that Shu was particularly romantically inclined towards anyone. Kotori thought of herself as Shu’s caretaker so she wanted to support him in his endeavors.

Kotori put a hand on Shu’s shoulder

“Don’t worry Shu! I’m rooting for you” She said smiling and giving a thumbs up.

She sighed. Kotori had completely misunderstood his intention.

“I think you're getting the wrong idea…” He started to say

“Don’t worry! You have time I need to talk to Lala more anyway” Kotori said ignoring Shu’s protests.

Shu slumped his shoulders in resignation that Kotori was not going to listen to him. Behind him, he could hear Umi and Layla giggling in the background.

I ate a lot today and now feel bloated as all hell. I'm going to go lay down.

35