Chapter 173: The Girl (2)
1k 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sebastian, I want to see the castle town.” The girl said one day

“Ojou-sama you know that isn’t possible, you shouldn’t associate with commoners,” Sebastian said.

“I still want to see them,” She said. There was a firm expression on her face that gave in impression she was not going to back down.

It only took Sebastian one look before he realized that he would not be able to deflect the girl this time. She was resolute in her desire.

[The prime minister would kill me if I let her out though.] He thought.

There was no feasible way of getting the princess out of the manor without the other servants knowing.

[Wait, I’m the manager of the servants in this manor after all?]

Sebastian was the one put in charge of taking care of the princess after all.

** ** **

“The princess is ill today, I’ve already called a doctor so you can go home,” Sebastian told the maid from the doorsteps of the manor.

“Are you sure?” She asked

“Yes, I will be enough to handle her,” Sebastian said smiling a little.

The maid blushed. Sebastian was quite a handsome man after all because of guard training he had a good physique as well. She then turn back down the path back to the garden stealing glances at the smiling Sebastian.

Once the maid had passed the gate, he sighed in relief.

“That’s the last of them” he whispered to himself. He had spent the better part of the morning standing at the doorway and warding away the servants who came in the morning. Despite the princess and manor having quite a few servants just about all of them didn’t live onsite. The only people who did were the gardener and Sebastian.

He went back inside the mansion to the princess's room. Inside was a hooded figure who appeared to be giggling.

Once he arrived in the room the figure looked up at him. He could see dark bags under the girl's eyes, as if she hadn’t slept

[Did she seriously not sleep at all?] Sebastian thought.

The princess yawned.

“I’m tired,” she said.

“Then you can sleep and we won’t go out”

“No!” The princess yelled suddenly frightened.

“I’m perfectly awake see!” She suddenly stood up with her back ramrod straight trying to show that she was fully awake and ready to go.

Sebastian chuckled to himself.

[Why am I doing this?] he wondered. If the prime minister found out he was taking the princess out of the manor he could be executed.

Sebastian observed the girl in front of him. She was as energetic as a squirrel her head bobbing up and down in anticipation. When he saw her face he couldn’t help but want to accede to her desires.

“Shall we go my princess?” Sebastian said outstretching his hand. The princess gave a gentle smile and took it into his.

They exited the manor through the backdoor away from the guards and Sebastian took her through the servant's entrance.

“Remember what I told you?” Sebastian told the girl.

“Yep Yep, keep my hood on and cover my face all the time.” The princess said cheerfully.

Upon looking at the princess’s face he had a feeling that she was going to slip up.

“I better get this over with”

Sebastian led the girl through the streets of the capital.

The capital could be divided into roughly 3 sections. The noble section which was where the capital was located, the craftsman and artisan section, and the slums. Sebastian was, of course, taking the princess to the craftsman and artisan section. She would be recognized in the noble's quarters and there was nothing of note in the slums.

While walking through the streets the princess looked around in awe. Although she had lived in the capital her whole life and likely had seen the streets, being there in person was obviously much different.

“Sebastian, what’s that, it smells good?” She excited asked pointing at the stall that sold meat buns.

“It’s a food stall, they sell food if you give them money”

“Can you buy me some?” The princess asked him.

“I don’t want to interact with people to much-“ Sebastians statement was cut short by the puppy dog look in the princess’s eyes.

He sighed in defeat.

[I can’t beat that]

“Wait here, don’t wander,” He said.

The girl nodded obediently, and he went to the food stall. Making a quick exchange with the vendor he bought a single bun and walked back towards the girl.

The girl was busy petting a stray cat who appeared to enjoy the petting. Once Sebastian approached though, the cat ran off, likely frightened by Sebastian’s imposing aura.

“Aww you scared mr. kitty away.” The princess said.

Sebastian ignored the princesses’ complaint and thrust the meat bun in his hand towards her.

The girl pouted for a moment before taking the meat bun into her hands and biting into it. The was a small puff of steam that emerged from the that wafted into the cool autumn air.

It was a mouthwatering scent, but Sebastian was focused on protecting the princess right now and shielding her from the gaze of the common folk.

[I should’ve bought two] he thought.

He palmed his money pouch. Sebastian had brought the funds meant to maintain to princess to this outing. He had more than enough to buy a meat bun. In fact, he had enough to buy an entire house in this district if he needed to.

“So delicious!” The princess said taking another bite.

She looked at Sebastian who hadn’t eaten yet.

“You didn’t get one for yourself?” She asked.

“I shouldn’t be eating while on duty,” Sebastian said smiling.

Suddenly a sound pierced the air. The sound of a stomach rumbling.

The princess gave a mischievous smile and tore the meat bun in half and offered it to him.

“Try some!” She said.

Sebastian took the meat bun and scarfed it down in one bite. Although he had eaten it quickly he was still able to taste it. The bun was spiced perfectly and the juicy salted meat contrasted well with the mildly sweet springy bun.

The girl giggled a little upon seeing him eat it so quickly.

“What’s so funny?” Sebastian asked.

“Well, you ate it so fast. It looked funny” The girl said smiling.

 

You know, I've been hitting some major writers block on my side novel (not talking about deer), it's kinda wrecking my vibe a little. Because I know there reason why I'm having writer's block is because I don't think I can write the scenes I want to write. I sorta powered my way through 24k words and while I know what I wanted to write I'm scared I'm going to fuck it up. Well, that's my diary entry for today, enjoy this chapters.

34