Russia’s Situation
296 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is Sunday, a dreadful Day. After lunch, I'll take my leave. Towards Russia.
Last night I managed to get in contact with Russia's Merc Department and they told to me visit their Office in Moscow. Quite a long ride, over 1800KM. 
From what Raven told me last night, the Roads were re-made sometime during the last decades to sustain the weight of Tanks and AFVs alike.

Only the Leading Countries in AI development saw the potential of AI-driven Tanks, therefore they re-made all their Major Roads and Highways to accommodate the new weight class.
Trafic laws remained the same, except that Cars and Trucks must keep at least 6.5 metres away from any AFV or Tank. That is international Law.

Good Morning Sir, please wake up. You're 12 minutes over schedule, Kate's Mother is already making breakfast.
Ugh...huh? What is this, softness? It feels like... another... person?!

Opening my eyes, I gazed upon my little sister sleeping in Bed. She has very cute yawns, especially during the Morning.
- Morning Big Brother, how did you sleep? | Those pleading eyes can warm any soul.
- I've slept really well, thanks to you. 

- Aha! There you are, Kate! I guessed right that you were sleeping in his Bed.
Oh no, what will she think?! She'll probably think I've touched her in various places.
- I-I can explain, nobody touched anyone! 
- What are you talking about Dan? Of course, you wouldn't have sex with your own Sister. | Wow, she's quite the blunt one.

From there on, the Day went on normally. There are still 2 hours left until Lunch, after that... we'll leave for Russia, Raven. | That is correct Sir. | I've worked with Raven to find a method with which I can keep contact with Kate and her mother, just in case my Father turns out to have stayed the same Coward.

Knock Knock

- Come in! | Why are they both here? I only asked Kate to come.
- Big Bro, Mom wanted to talk to you as well.
- Excuse me Dan, but I just can't bring myself to not see you in this short time.
- I understand, sit on the bed, please. | Hope this goes smooth and without too many problems.

Taking out a piece of papers, I hand it to them.
- Please memorize that number or add it to your Phones contacts. That is my number, you can call me anytime you want, if I don't answer I'll call as soon as I have free time. Alright?
- Thank you, Dan! Even if I am not your real mother, I'll still miss you! | Her hug is really tight, it's affectionate after all.
- Big Brother, can I call you tonight?
- Hehe, aren't you an impatient one. Yes, you can, if you want to Video Chat that will be possible too. 

A big hug is shared between the three of us, something I'll cherish.
- I... uh... still don't know your name. | Hope this is not top blunt for her.
- Ah, that is my fault don't worry. My name is Tesa. 
- Nice to meet you Tesa. 
- It is a little bit embarrassing how you spent these few weeks without knowing my Name, I apologize, Dan. | I can't help but hug her again.

By the Time Lunch is ready, I've brought all my Belongings downstairs. This will be the last meal I'll take with them, in a long while.
- Dan, must you really go? 
- Oh, so you became aware of me all of a sudden? 
- I didn't want to leave you two behind-- Shut it! Not one more word, you were a coward and still are one. At least you've got a job.
- You better keep that job jackass or I'll personally come back and turn you into maggot food, is that clear? | Silence huh? Good.

The Lunch was great! Now, it is time to suit up.
Sir, the Combat Suit is ready to be worn, the Suit's systems will then Sync you and me together. | Alright, thanks, Raven.
- I'll be dressing up then.
- Okay~! | Tesa still smiles at me despite that I am about to leave, she's a mother after all.

This is the second Generation of Combat Suits, so it can be folded even if it has armoured plating? | That is correct Sir, that is possible due to the Suit's hexagonal armour plating that overlaps perfectly, therefore it can be folded to save space. | Aha, good to know.
Hold on, and the material between the Hexagonal plates? | That fabric has a thin layer of Aluminium and Titanium above it, meaning the fabric is merely the "Glue" that holds everything together. | Thanks again, Raven. | You're welcome, Sir.

Unfolding the suit, it doesn't have a Helmet? | Sir, the Helmet is beside the Suit, please take a look. | Oh! Got it!
Now, how do I put you on? 
Sir, the suit will automatically adapt its size to match your Body, the Helmet will not. Just slip into it, and it will do the rest, Sir.

Alright, feels very weird to be in such a Suit again. |  Woah, it's so cold. | That is until the suit is synched with you, Sir.
Just a few seconds later and the suit adapts flawlessly to fit my Body. | It even starts to warm up. I like this Gray colour! | That is the standard colour, Sir, you can change it once we have enough Funds.

The Helmet now, this I am already used to. 
> SYSTEM BOOTED: SUCCESSFULLY
> SUIT RECOGNIZED
> BEGINNING UI SYNCHRONISATION

Wow, my last one didn't synch that fast. Nor did it have this UI... I'm impressed, Raven. | Thank you, Sir, but that is not all. Please take a look at your arms, the Suit has recognized the Blades that you have. Thus it has made an adjustment to itself.
Cool, let me just...

CLING!

That is very impressive Tech, Raven. Let's go downstairs. But first, one last look at the Room I've slept in a few times since I arrived.

- Woah! Big Brother you look so cool in that! | Her eyes are just filled with excitement.
- Really? |... ?! Why does my voice sound like this? | Sir, that is the Voice modifier, it will always be on while you wear this Suit. | Got it.
- Glad to see you in that Suit Dan, you look like you mean it.
- Thanks Tesa. | I feel quite bad for leaving them, but once this War is finished I'll bring them to Japan, without my Father.

I take my Dufflebag and Weapons Case, storing them safely inside Raven's Turret Stowage. 
- Safe Travels Dan, please be careful.
- I will Mother, don't worry.
- Good luck Big Bro! 
- Take care you two! And you dirtbag, watch your steps, you might break a leg.

With that said, I slowly drive off towards Russia.

Once I am outside Berlin, I start to feel anxious. Raven, what is this? | It's called "Home Syndrome" Sir, you want to go back. You'll feel like this for a while, please relax. I'll do the driving.
Let's make a stop at the First Gas Station, you're running low on fuel, Raven. | Good Observation, Sir, I apologize for not noticing. | We're a Team now, Raven, we gotta watch each other's backs, right? | Well said, Sir.

With some Minor Troubles at the German-Polish and Polish-Russian Borders and a few odd stares at some Gas Stations around Poland, nothing major happened. I only have to drive to Moscow now and officially begin my Career as a Mercenary.

We're through Raven! We entered Russia! | Indeed we did, Sir.

Those stares these people give me are... fucked up. | Sir, the Russian People are neutral when it comes to everyone that isn't of their own Military and therefore they also treat Mercs the same way. | Oh, I see now, can't blame'em though.

After driving through a few towns and witnessing the Mood in each of them, I would say Russia is doing quite well against the Chinese. | That seems to be the case, Sir. Though I wouldn't let my Guard down if I was you, they might change their mind and treat you as a hostile. | Surely I won't do that.

We are approaching the destination, Sir. Please be aware of your Speech once you are inside. | Fucking shit, this looks like a Prison but don't worry, I won't.
I'll just show the Guards my ID and they... let me through. Pfu...

- What do you want... Merc? | Oh, scary Russian accent.
- I'm here to get hired.
- That room, and no guns.| As if that wasn't clear enough...
- Thanks. 
So this is it... time to get hired!

Oh my~, that is one sexy body she has. Eh, but she's blond... not my type.
- 'Evening Miss -- Stop flattering, sit down and listen. | Yup, she's scary.
- We don't just hire any Merc, we need proof that you are worth the investment.
- What do I need to do?

- You will go to these coordinates, once there. State your ID and reason, they will let you through. But be warned, once you say your real name by accident, you're a dead man. | Raven, preview Coordinates and give me insight on that.
- Alright Miss, that's it?
- Not really, you just gotta sign here and there. | That's a cute change of attitude.

Time to take my leave then... hope to get there before dark.
- Nice spine... how many did you do? | Wait... does she mean Woman?
- None, I got someone special. 
- Tell you what kid... if that someone doesn't get obsessed with you after she sees your augmentations, she is not for you. | Interesting to hear..
- I'll keep it in mind, take care.

That was one weird Lady...
- Hey, Merc. Is that your Tank? | The fuck is this Guy's problem?
- Yeah, did I yank your parking spot?
- No, that is for the Boss's Spot. So fuck off out of here!
Ugh, no point in arguing with a drunk Russian.  Raven, move.

Drive to those coordinates and highlight its entrances and surface area. That is one detailed digital Map... damn.
Sir, you can spin the viewing angle with hand gestures. | Oh really? Let me try.

Haha! That is amazing! But it does look like I am just moving my hands like a maniac, right? | That is right, Sir. | Oh well, I couldn't care less, this is too amazing!
> LOCATION FOUND
> RUSSIAN OUTPOST - 68KM from Frontlines
Oh shit... isn't that kinda close, Raven? | Not really, Sir, considering the Russians are making slow steps towards the Chinese Territory, it is quite normal to have an Outpost at that range. | I see how it is then.

The Roads are getting emptier as the Kilometres pass, we seem to be going in the right direction then. | Sir, I've found out who that "Boss" is... you might want to brace yourself.

Alright, hit me. | It is Mikhail Kreznov -- WHAT?! Since when does Katya's Father run a Mercenary Army? | Since the Russian Defense Minister approved his Idea, the Local news are filled with his Army's victories. 
If I can get enough money and tech together, perhaps I can contact home. Maybe even contact Katya through her Father, but that would put my life at risk, ultimately even hers. Not a good idea Dan!

This felt like a 3-hour long drive, thankfully we're here now. | Caution is advised Sir, I found multiple signatures of Lock-On's. That is great... 
- You a Merc? 
- Sure as hell am.
- This way, the Boss was waiting for you. | Excuse me? What!?

I've been led to an underground Bunker, what is the Leader of one of Russia's Top Armies doing out here?
- Welcome Number 2200. | That is, not, my ID...
- Evening, Sir. May I ask what brings me here? | He just signalled his Guards away.

- I feel like I know you... but where from?
- I assure you, you've never met me before. | That is a lie... 
- Alright then! Let's get to business.

He pulls out a few papers and tells me to sign a few of them, of course, I'd give a false Signature.
- Welcome to our Ranks, 2200. | That is a weird way to call your Soldiers, but okay.
- Appreciate the welcome. Where can I stock up on Ammo?
- Right outside, please feel free to use the underground Bar. | Okay, that is fancy as heck.

I opened my Weapons case and take out my HK416, and all of its mags. Sir, you have magazine racks at the back. | Got it, thanks, Raven.
Walking over to the Magazine Cache, I notice that there is even an overground Bar. Might get a drink, to refresh, not to get Drunk.

Sir, take note you have a small hole at the bottom of your helmet, close to your chin. | Alright, got it as well. This is quite a fancy suit, not gonna lie. 

Oh, whiskey, vodka and a butt-ton of other drinks, that is one very nice selection there Mikhail.
- Hey~ Big Guy, can I give you a hand~?
- Thanks Girl, not interested. Perhaps... later. | Fucking Gyarus...
- Oh Come on~ I'll rub one out quickly! | Persistent this one.

She even got called by a group of soldiers. Does she even do those? | That is a "Hookers" job, Sir, to make funds they stimulate the carnal desires of most Mercs. 
I guess that Woman at the Merc Department was right, this Spine is actually quite the Female Magnet. | Raven, what can you tell me about it?

Sadly not much, Sir. I lack access to your Crucial Organs, like Lungs and Stomach. | Huh?! That got damaged as well?! | I'm afraid that is the case, Sir. | Well, that kinda sucks, but still, I got some pretty hefty upgrades. Let's put them to the test against some Flesh Targets, Raven?

I agree, Sir. But first, please take the night off. The activity around here is pretty concerning. | Alright, layout my bed, please. | Already did that, Sir, do mind that you'll be sleeping with your full suit on. | Was about to ask that, got it.

That night was the first of many that followed, that I've slept inside a Tank. Following the small victories of the Russian's, I would begin my Fight against the Invaders that very next morning. 

11