Merciless Overlord
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s Friday evening. In a perfect World, a Man would spend it with his family. Cuddle with his Lover and enjoy that moment.

 

Thankfully we don’t live in a Perfect World. This way, I can make it perfect for us.

 

I’ve been resting on my bed since we got home after the Testing. Hoping here I can get those useless Meatbags that call themselves Guards, out of my Mother’s Tower. 

 

- Dan, can I come in? | My door is open, for air circulation and also for me to hear the Sisters.
- Sure.

Calmly walking into my Room, she rests on top of me.

- What’s up, Katya? | She throws her legs playfully back and forth.
- I thought we could have some fun today.
- What, playing cards again?
- Nope, that fun~~. | With one hand she forms a circle and with the other one she pierces that… circle… I see…

- What’s with that sad face?
- I… need to get out for tonight.
- People need the Gray Ghost?
- Yep. 

 

- We can leave our fun for next time. That way I can think of better games.
- Now you got me a bit anxious, Katya.
- Don’t worry. You’ll like them. I just hope I don’t forget about it… | I ruffle her hair and place my other hand under her chin.

- Thank you, Katya. | Immediately she forms a smile.
- No need. Just promise me you’ll eat before you leave.
- Alright, can’t refuse my Wives cooking. | Katya jumps off me and leaves, calling for her Sister to help with Dinner.

 

Does she truly accept me leaving like… | Sir, I’d suggest against thinking that way. You’re not leaving her for another Person. You are leaving her because you care about their safety, well-being and finances. Altogether, you are the Man of this House.

 

Hahaha… Reminds me of what Oma told me when I was still a kid. She thought me how a Natsumi household works. | How does it work? 

 

The Wife is the pillar of the home, cooking, cleaning and raising the children while the husband is out working. | Sounds like a normal Home, Sir. | There’s more to it than those simple things. Sadly, I can’t remember most of them… 

 

One day, you’ll ask for her hand and then you’ll remember, Sir. | Probably, otherwise… I’ll catch one from Oma. | I see. Your memory better sharpens then. | I hope so too…

 

We need to leave soon, after Dinner to be precise. I better call her.
> Calling: Marry
> Call - answered
- Yes, Ghost?
Hi, Marry. If I want to assume my position in the High Senate, where do I need to go?
- First, you need proof that you’re worthy of the position.
Got plenty of that in my hands
- Very well, that’s the hardest part done. The easier part is talking to the other Senate Members.

Understood, where do I go?
- Because of the… Slaughter recently, the Senate abandoned their Housing. Therefore, you’ll meet them in the Forest.
Coordinates?
- I’ve heard the next meeting is today, luckily. I will accompany you to the meeting. It’s in a few hours, be at this point before then.
Thanks, talk to ya later.
- Sure thing.
> Call - ended

 

Got the Coordinates? | Affirmative, I’ll set up a route to it, Sir. Please enjoy the evening with your Family. | Don’t have to tell me that.

 

I jump off the bed and head to the Kitchen.
Katya’s hard at cooking, humming while doing so. Lena’s nose-deep in a fashion magazine.
- Hey, Onii.
- What’cha doing, Lena?
- Finding a matching hair colour… It’s not fun…
- It’s for yourself. Do your best because of it. | Lena looks up at me and smiles.
- Okay~! | There ya go.

 

Sitting at the head of the table, I stare outside. The Sky slowly fills with Stars, the Sun is going down and Tokyo turns into Night mode. With Karaoke, Bars and Clubs open up.

 

City life is nice if you put the dangers aside. Everything good comes with a risk, danger and reward. The latter heavily outweighs the formers.

- Lena, Dan will be away for a couple of hours.
- I don’t mind. As long as he comes back.
- Not having it any other way, you two. | They break a small laugh each.

 

The Sizzling from the Kitchen dies down, Katya serves Dinner. Before I know it, the Pan was empty. With one piece on my plate, a pretty big one at that.

- Should I make more?
- Meat? No, it’s plenty.
- in that case, enjoy! | Oh… I will.

 

 

- Nee-san, that was too much...
- Lena, that’s because you ate too fast. Be careful, please.

- I will, it was good. | Katya nods at Lena, turning to me.

- Same here. Excellent cooking, Love.
- Glad you two liked it. I’ll get to washing the plates. | Katya collects all the Plates and head to the Sink.

 

I lean towards Lena and kiss her on the head.
- I’ll be going then.
- Take care, Nii-san.
- I will.

Behind the Counter, I grab my Lover from behind and carefully place my head on their shoulder.
- Don’t be home late.
- Can’t promise anything. | She leans her head backwards, looking up at me.
- Love you, Dan.
- I love you more. | I kiss her deeply and head to my room.

 

Let’s grab the Chip and… That’s it.

I walk past the Girls one more time, we exchange waves with a smile.

 

Down the Elevator, I meet up with Raven at the same alley.
Shall I head to the Coordinates? | Go for it. But be quick, I wanna scout the area before that. | Affirmative.

 

 

On the way here, I recognized the place where I got the Chip from. The piles of Bodies were still there. Nobody dared to touch the Tanks either.

 

Seems like the News got people to stay clear of that place.

 

Sir, movement - 4 O’Clock. | Looking… Female Merc. Couldn’t be Marry now, could it? | It’s not excluded.
> Call Incoming
> Caller: Marry

 

> Call answered

- Ghost, are you already here by any chance?
I think, not sure where exactly you are. | The Female stops and looks around.
- Ghost, please tell me your here.
Raise your right hand. | That’s Marry…
Okay, that’s you. I’ll come over. 

> Call - ended

 

Raven, move up that hill to your right. Stay there and be on high alert. | Understood, Raven AI - moving out.

Rifle on the back, I make my way through the Trees and finally meet up with Marry.
- Thank Goodness it was you.
- How could you tell someone was looking at you?
- Let’s call it… Female intuition.

 

- Get a lot of stares from Guys?
- Oh, please… I’m no common Woman who falls for the first guy with a thick wallet.
- Last time we met you offered yourself to me.

- That’s only because you were… | Marry looks away, crossing her arms.

- I was what… Powerful, Intimidating, Scary?
- All three. | Damn…
- Marry, a Man can have all three and still be a complete dumbass.

 

- You’re not any Man, Ghost. You know that.
- Thanks for the compliment. But I’m not the one you should tell them to.
She looks at me, shocked.

- Only tell those words to your Lover.
- Don’t even start. Yuma tried to talk me into remarrying.
- And?
- Not in a thousand years. I want to protect my Daughter, not put her in Danger.

 

- Men nowadays only see Woman as toys. Nothing else. Even though you give birth to our children and raise them, cook, wash every day.
- You know a lot…
- It’s the simple things in life that matter. Finding a woman who loves you forever is life-changing. One can’t ignore the importance of them.

 

- Wish more Men would think like you. The World would be such a nice place.
- I absolutely agree. But, life would be boring without problems to solve.
- That’s true. Anyways, want to rest before the meeting assembles?
- Sure. Pick the place.
- That hill behind you. I got my Tank there. | Raven, why didn’t you tell me? | Sir, it’s a non-hostile situation. Also, Marry isn’t hostile towards us. | Fair enough, but never leave your Guard down. | I understand, Sir.

 

Marry walks ahead of me and sits on a flat-top Rock.
- So, how is your Lover doing? | I sit beside her with my legs crossed and bend my torso forwards.
- Absolutely fine. Why?
- Might’ve told you this. I heard the stories and fairy tales of your adventures during the War. If I compare the version of you I heard with the current you. It’s as if the old Ghost disappeared and made way for the new one.

 

- I believe that’s due to my Lover.
- You give her the credit, huh? Your words bear truth but… is it only due to her?

- She brought happiness into my life again.
- Does she make good food, Ghost?
- You bet.
- Here’s some advice from another Female... Marry her as soon as you can. | She spins around facing me.
- Not gonna be any other way. Just gotta make sure the trash is taken out before that. 

 

Our talk went silent, the sound of metal screeches grows louder.
- Hear that as well?
- That’s the Senate Members, what’s left of them…

 

Three Mercs with white stripes on their arms form a half-circle below us.
- Let’s join them.
- Lead the way, Ghost. | Fine by me.

 

- If it isn’t the man who massacred more than half of the High Senate. | They all look the same, suit, stripes. Exact replicas of the other’s suit.

Marry is one step behind me, standing proud.

 

- I suggest against disrespecting him. Senate Members.
- Oh? Why is that? Marry… Did he threaten you? | This Woman seems to be the one who does the talking.
- That’s quite the mouth you’ve got running. Perhaps It’d be best to chain it. | I carefully tap Marry on the hip.

 

- Listen here, you lot. Show some respect.
- Or what, you murderer?
- I’ll level the rest of the Senate as well.

Silence. Nice job, me. 

 

I step closer to them with Marry close behind me.
- Let’s make this quick. I don’t want to waste my time with your ways of dealing with simple things.
- You have no saying in this, Gray One.

 

From my suit, I pull the Chip out.
- Assuming here, you know what this is? | Two of them lower their heads a bit. The Woman here, not so much.
- Unlike my fellow Senate Members here. I don’t bow my head in front of others, not even you.

 

Raven, make ready. | Loading… Complete.

 

- Last chance, you hag. My patience runs thin.
- Just because you have that Chip, doesn’t mean you are the Overlord. | Overlord? What’s that now?

 

The Member next to this Woman elbows her.
- I’m not bowing to you. Not even after death.
- Be it as you say. | Fire.

 

Boom!

 

Ah, fuck! That’s blood all over my helmet! | Pardon, Sir. | Not your fault should’ve stepped back a bit.
- Ghost! What did you do?!
- Relax, Marry. I don’t have time to break the mind of some old hag.

 

The two remaining Members kneel.
- Gray One, we beg for your forgiveness.
- For what?
Marry steps in front of me, forming fists. I’ll maybe catch one.
- After your Massacre, you lifted an immense weight of the Senate.

 

- Miss Marry, may we explain in detail?
- Go on! I need to go clean my suit. Thanks to Ghost. | Hehe. 

 

- Stand up. Explain what I changed.

- The Member whose chip you hold in hand, is--was the High Leader of the Senate.
- He’s dead, so what?
- Under his leadership, the Senate had a horrible economy. Our Gear and Equipment was totally outdated and our health was slowly degrading under the horrid conditions we lived in.

Sounds like I just saved their asses.
- Alright, I don’t too much time on my hands today. But for the future, I want a meeting inside a building.
- As you command, Overlord. | Sounds… powerful. I like it.

 

- Also, get this hags body out of here. Also, her Tank can be refitted for someone else.
- It shall be done. Anything you wish for?

Let’s see… Ah! Let’s do that as thanks to Mel and the Syndicate.

 

- I will assume the position as Overlord, but my Syndicate will have a seat at the table. Each of them.
- Everyone will await the guidance and greatness you will bring.
- Please drop this religious cult bullshit. It’s getting weird.

- Of course. May we take our leave?

 

- Before you do. Tell me how to access this Chip’s Data.
- Very simple, Overlord. A special device is needed. But as the said device is expensive and hard to come by, your AI will assist in accessing the Chip.
- Can he do it alone?
- Sadly, no. The Operator of the AI has to partake in the entire process.
- I see. | We have another Project, Raven. | I’m happy to hear that, Sir. Maybe we could spend the time at Home with the Misses? | Sure thing, can’t wait.

 

- You two, go on. I expect a message from one of you every time you accomplish one of my orders.
- Is it acceptable to serve you a detailed report, once everything is done?

- Works as well. Off ya go. | They bow and start dragging the body back the way they came.

 

Only the Male Senate Member talked. The female beside him stood in silence… Curious to find more about her.

I watch them slowly disappear in the woods ahead of me. Time to go home, Raven. | I can not wait, Sir. 

 

- Ghost! Wait!
- What’s up?
- What did they say?
- I’m the Overlord now and I gave them some orders.
- You’re the… Over… Really?!
- What’s with the excitement?
- Oh, Ghost~~! You don’t even know how many of us wished for another Overlord. The previous one was a useless lump of meat, dragging everyone down with him.
- Guessed as much. Anyway, I’ll head back home. I might catch my Lover still awake. | I slowly walk away.

 

Doesn’t… the Overlord have a secretary or something? | An assistant? Yes.
- Marry.
- Mhm?
- I appoint you as my secretary.

- What?! Really~~?!
- Yup. I count on you. Until later.

- Thank you so much, Ghost!

- Yeah, yeah. Keep the energy for later. | I wave at her as I dive into the thickest part of the Forest.

 

Raven awaits on a dirt road. 

 

Ready to go? | Absolutely, Sir. | I’ve checked the Home, the young Misses are still wide awake. | Superb, drive on!

 

The Engine screams with power and joy. Thankfully the girls are still awake, so I don’t have to sneak into the house.

 

 

The Elevator plays nice music, fitting the atmosphere of Tokyo. 

 

Through the Frontdoor, I immediately get swarmed by cool Air from the AC.

 

I carefully approach Lena’s room and creak open the door.
- Psst! 

Lena takes off one earcup of her Headset.
- Welcome home, Nii-san!
- Do I disturb you?
- Not at all! Me and Yuna are still prepping for our next Mission. | I approach and hug affectionately.
- Do you need anything? | I let go of her.
- Nope, I got everything here. | Snacks, Soda and even more Soda.
- They are not high on sugar, right?

 

- I already drank a Pepsi. The ones I have left are zero sugar fruit-flavoured Water.
- Aha, please still be careful how much of those you drink, okay?
- Yep. Nee-chan is in a video call with her friends, she said I’d let you know when you come back.

- Thanks for the notice. Have fun.
- Will do~! | I leave her Room and get close to Katya’s.

 

I hear chatter and laughter. 

 

Opening the door wide, I step in.
- Dan! Welcome back! | Katya’s on her Chair with her legs crossed and cuddling a pillow.
- Thanks, how is my sweetheart doing? | I get into hugging-range.
- Gosh~, you big baby~! | Laughter comes from her Laptop.

 

- Hey, Dan. How ya doing?
- Good, and you two?
- We’re tired. 

 

- Love, we were talking about the School festival, next week. You will take me there, right?
- You don’t even have to ask. 

 

- It’s a huge shame that the Festival is before the Exams. | That’s really stupid.
- They really invert it, right Girls?
- Totally. It’s so dumb… | Katya continues to play hug her Pillow.
- Eh, Girls. I’ll be right back. I need to feed my baby.

 

- What?! You’ve given birth already?!
- No! I meant Dan!
- He’s a baby?! Look how tall he is!
- He’s a baby! My Baby!

- I bet his Baby bottle is the size of a Tank. | Very funny…
- Yeah yeah, I’ll be back. | Katya turns off her Camera and Mic.

 

Standing up she hugs me on one foot.
- Welcome home, Dan.
- Thanks, Katya. Listen…
- Yeah? | She lets go of my neck and holds my hands.

- Could I… Spend the evening with you?
- Sure thing. Want a beer?
- Eh… It’s Friday… so yeah.

 

She drags me to the Kitchen and yeets a beer can at me.
- That could’ve hit my face.
- Stop whining. You’re a Man. | She takes out one of her Cherry Beers.

 

- Let’s go. | Her shorts are so… short. I can see her bum.
In her room, she pulls the Beanbag from beside her bed out. She clears out a small table and places her Laptop on it.

 

Arranging the Table with the Beanbag, she takes a seat on it and taps the free space playfully.
- Katya, I’m much larger than you.
- Hmph, fine. Then sit. | She stands up and points at the bag.
I take a seat and make myself comfortable.
- Cross your legs. | My beloved sits down on my lap and wiggles backwards against my privates.

 

- Ready?
- Yeah.
- Don’t be shy, I’m here.
- ‘Kay.

 

Katya opens the Mic and Camera.
- Hey Girls, I’m back!

- Nice pillow you got there.
- That’s Dan, Aniya…
- What?! | Aniya gets closer to her Screen.
- That really is him. Isn’t he rough to sit on?

 

- What way?
- He looks muscular and stuff… you know…
- Aniya, are you eyeing my Bf?
- No! Not at all! I’m just saying… | Kira and Katya start laughing while Aniya pouts.

 

I set my beer on the Table and wrap my hands around Katya’s waist. Such softness and it’s all mine!

 

- What are you two gonna wear at the Festival?
- Obviously skirts. I heard there’s a dance party at the end.
- Aniya, none of us are interested in that.
- Obviously, Kira. I don’t go there to meet playboys and stuff.

The Girls dwell deeper into clothes and shops. I lean further into the Beanbag, Katya doesn’t seem to mind it. My abdomen is kinda soft if she decides to rest against it.

 

The Window in her Room points towards the multitude of lights Tokyo has at night. Simply wonderful. I have to take the Sisters on a walk sometime soon.

0