001 – Smart Child
230 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I blink my eyes. Didn't I die? I look down and my body aches I bring my small hand to my head and then I notice. My hand. Why is it so small! What happened to me! I stand up wobbly and look around. I am wearing a dirty white t-shirt and torn shorts, Why am I so tiny?! I was pretty sure I died in the collision between ships, where am I even? Looking around I see structures that I had seen in history books, a so called "modern" time. I run over to a man and I need some questions answered.

"Hey what year is it?" (Me)

"Uh, 2057? Why are you asking kid?" (Man)

"Kid, right what am I? Species wise?" (Me)

"Human? Kid did you hit your head or something?" (Man)

"As a matter of fact, yes, also goodbye." (Me)

I walked away though I did notice the odd looks I was being given from that guy, What happened to me for this to have happened? There was one possible explanation, and one impossible explanation. Either I passed through a wormhole at the moment I collided with the pirates ship, or I have somehow returned to the past. Both equally unlikely, but as I am here its the only excuse I survived. As this body is not like my old body I doubt I went through a wormhole, but traveling through time? That's a whole new anomalous phenomenon that I haven't studied. 

I need information, and there has to be a sort of archives or something for me to learn for but I am in a weird location and I have no clue as to where to go, so first order of business is to secure myself my basic needs. Shelter, Food, Water. I walk back to the tree I had fallen out of and was about to check if there was anything growing in it just when something crashes into the tree, snapping the thick tree into a stump. It's a person?!

"Owww, damn I need backup for this. Oh?! Kid get away from here there is a fight incoming-" (??? man) Suddenly a huge rock comes from the sky and crashes down on the fallen dude, causing dust and debris to fly everywhere. I get knocked back and I am sitting on the ground far away from the battle. When the debris clears the fallen dude had caught the boulder and had thrown it in the direction it came from. I hear a maniacal laugh and some voices but instead of listening I take the smart move and run as fast as my little legs can carry me. 

 

After catching my breath I look into the distance from the hill I am now on and see a few battles taking place, with specks of people fighting each other. What the heck have I fallen into. Meanwhile I turn around and See everyone heading towards this big building labeled 'Temporary Shelter' and I rush inside with the crowd. While people were being escorted to the stairs that led underground I saw that this place seemed to be a library of sorts, with looks of shelf containing old books. I manage to glance upon a book title "history" and I grab it while the crowd pushes itself and me along into the underground shelter. 

There is surprising plenty of space down here and I find a spot to sit and read, despite the explosions and tremors I feel around me. Gosh what sort of world is this?! I look through the book and try to find out what sort of place this is. 

So as it seems this world is separated into 3 factions, Acron, Athlena, and Dosnue. This is a magic centric world with civilization advancement being supported as a side. Acron, the location I am at now, Focuses on the combat aspect of magic, and when someone is 10 they are assigned a spot, be it Heroes, Civilians, or Supporters. Supporters are the reason everything is relatively advanced in society, otherwise the heroes would have just fought each other without thinking of things like strategy and things to protect. Civilians are the practitioners of only lifestyle magic and they are to be protected by the heroes and supporters, while the heroes fight any enemy that attacks the nation.  Suddenly someone was yelling at me. 

"How are you reading at a time like this?!" (??? Girl)

"Well I think it's better than cowering like everyone else." (Me)

"Hey! Some of us are protecting everyone we are not cowering!" (??? Girl) She looked to be the same age as me so she couldn't be a hero or supporter yet. So I asked her. 

"So are you a hero?" (Me)

"N-no..." (??? Girl)

"Are you a supporter?" (Me)

"No..." (??? Girl)

"Then you have no right saying anything to me. I mean I doubt I'd be allowed to read if not for this scenario anyway." (Me) It was true, based on my look I guess I am an orphan that lives in the streets, if I hadn't been lucky to have grabbed this book in the crowd I probably would never be allowed here on my own. 

"W-well what's your name? I'm Ayami." (Ayami)

"Ron." (Me)

"Um well Ron what are you reading about?" (Ayami)

"History." (Me)

"O-oh I'm sorry for yelling at you." (Ayami)

"It's fine can I continue reading?"

"S-sure." (Ayami)

And so I stopped talking and picked up the book again. I was a bit confused why I could even read it but it was in Linauelian to begin with and I knew three languages in my past life, but two of them were mostly for the betterment of my technology. Ayami was just sitting off to the side It seemed she didn't want to interrupt me anymore.  

So continuing on, Acron was a strategic nation at battle with the Dosnue nation. Dosnue was very much insulted in the book I was reading but disregarding that it seemed to be a nation focused on the advancement of magic and all of the citizens were very powerful, but they did magic like Necromancy and Demon Summoning magic which was forbidden in Acron. Finally there was Athlena. It was a holy magic world that was mostly neutral if you converted into one of their believers. They focused on holy magic that directly battled necromancy but they never outright attacked anyone, they only would defend themselves and would never kill. It was implied however that no one ever left Athlena, usually because they converted to the religion. I close the book and get interrupted by Ayami. 

"So how was it?" (Ayami.)

"Interesting. Basically everywhere is dangerous and each nation is solely in need of warriors to defend each country.  I can understand why education is needed when we become ten, they need to brainwash us into soldiers." (Me)

"T-that's not true everyone would want to be a hero? I would." (Ayami)

"That proves your already brainwashed in that case, try to be more neutral towards civilians as far as I can tell I'd rather be assign civilian for the freedom of it." (Me)

"b-but there are rules against civilians and the others, with heroes being on top. Supporters have less of those rules inhibiting them." (Ayami)

"Oh? So there is a power dynamic as well? What are the rules?" (Me)

" Heroes have a number 1 rule to not harm, and to protect Civilians, But civilians can't get in a heroes way or try to support a hero in anyway. Supporters on the other hand are usually the ones to help the heroes, but the rule of protection of civilians still stand. If a civilian tries to help or defend themselves in anyway it is considered an offense and you'd be prosecuted for it." (Ayami) 

"I see, are civilians discriminated against then?" 

"Yeah. I mean when your designated as a civilian it means you have little talent in magic, and most supporters are only slightly better talent wise. Heroes are looked up to." (Ayami)

"Hmm well that's interesting, can people do magic before they get tested?" (Me)

"Yeah but mostly only people with big families with the right books can learn it. That's why a lot of hero families are looked up on."

"What type are you?" (Me)

"W-what?" (Ayami)

"Are you part of heroes family or normal one?" (Me)

"Normal I guess." (Ayami)

"Hmm well let's be friends then alright? Cus both of us are normal right now." (Me)

"Really? Even after I yelled at you?"

"Yeah but you also told me a lot of stuff that I didn't know so I'm grateful." (Me)

"S-sure then!" (Ayami)

And that's how I got my first friend that I would be meeting very often. After around 3 hours the tremors stopped and we were allowed to leave. I returned my book and returned to the tree I had run away from and the whole area was ash. Who knows what went down here. We were given rations from the shelter so I luckily had something to eat and then I found a secluded spot to sleep in. Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow. 

5