[4]
3.3k 19 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaac didn't know why he knew how to use his body, it was like an instinctive reaction when he encountered danger.

Some part of Isaac knew he couldn't defeat the goblin, so something within told him to run, so he ran.

After a few moments, he had hidden away, leaving the goblin who wanted to crush the 'worm' puzzled on it's sudden disappearance.

Isaac hadn't outsmarted it, he just ducked into the closest hut that he felt was empty. Now he just hid in the corner waiting.

The goblin entered the hut, however after a glance, it turned and left, the noise from the entrance of the village attracting it's attention.

'Damn, did someone throw me in a world at the highest difficulty? The heck did I do?' Isaac wondered, his small body moving across the ground.

Outside was empty, however Isaac could still see red auras in the surroundings. Looking in the direction of the ruckus, he could see a blinding red aura.

He thought it belonged to some super strong monster, so he didn't dare head over. After finding a bit that had no aura, he entered and examined himself.

In his mind, he saw a worm-like creature with sharp teeth and brown skin laying on the floor. His mind ground to a halt now that he was out of danger.

'Ah! No! Give me back my beautiful fantasy of being handsome! I don't want to be a worm!' Isaac cried out in his mind.

After moping for a while, he realized that the goblins who had been around started filtering back in with their weapons in hand.

Soon the village returned to it's relatively peaceful style. Isaac was worrying he'd be discovered, however even after the sky brightened, he wasn't found.

He left very obvious traces, not intentionally. He had undergone an earth shocking change overnight, growing from a small worm-like creature into a seven foot tall creature with a length of nearly fourteen feet, tail and all.

He had a bladed tail along with spines going down his back. His teeth seemed to be made of something tough, and his throat felt different too.

His fingers ended in sharp claws, claws he had no doubt were extremely lethal. His tail swished from side to side, the serrated bladed tail and the stinger like barb on the end made him feel like he could handle himself.

'I noticed this overnight, but aren't I an alien from Alien vs Predator? So much for my handsome and amazing life, I'm a damned alien!' 

With a few hisses and clicks that sounded when his proboscis opened and closed, he turned his head to the side and tried to sense anything in the area.

After having a rather boring night, Isaac finally understood that the red aura wasn't an aura at all, but the temperature. Instead of tracking auras, he tracked things by temperature.

If he was indeed in a fantasy world, as he had seen goblins, or something close to them anyway, then he could probably become stronger.

Maybe he could even gain the ability to see with eyes instead of having to rely on sound and temperature to track things.

Just as he was thinking about what to do from now onwards, the wooden door which had been shut opened and a goblin sporting a tent in it's trousers froze at the doorstep.

Looking at the towering monstrosity with armor as black as night and lethal looking claws, and a tail that seemed more like a sword, it opened it's mouth to scream.

As if he had been expecting that, Isaac's tail moved fluidly and pierced through the goblin's chest despite it being his first time utilizing it.

Hanging the goblin from his tail, he dragged it inside and placed it to the side. He expected to have a breakdown like most protagonist do when they kill for the first time, but he didn't feel any different.

91