[14]
2.5k 4 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaac tilted his head as he looked at the gathered crowd, as a sudden urge to rampage crossed in his mind for a moment.

"Richard, what the hell is that thing?" One of the women asked with a strained tone. Richard had been an adventurer before becoming a hunter.

Richard took a step back, his hand moving in perfect coordination with he rest of his body. Isaac didn't wait for the arrow to be released as he leapt into the air.

Drawing a small knife from his waist and intercepted the brutal swing of Isaac's tail, however the force sent him tumbling backwards.

"Ah! Even Richard isn't as strong as that beast? Men, let's assist Richard!" One of the men decided to help subdue the creature, running to grab his sword.

The other villagers eyes lit up as they thought about it. If Richard died, it was a fool's dream that this monster would spare them.

"Brothers let us go!" After they gathered enough courage, they charged forward armed with swords or axes, there sole target watching them with a bit of disdain.

'If the strongest man here can't leave a mark on me, what have I to fear from a bunch of bumpkins?' Isaac felt that he could handle a bunch of normal people.

His body became a black blur as he shot forward, his tail smashing towards one of the nearest villagers, using the flat part of his tail.

The man spat out a mouthful of blood and as if he was launched backwards by a cannon, his body disappeared into the darkness of a house, leaving a human sized hole in the wall.

"Sarren! Damn you!" A brawny man wielding an axe swung down with ferocity, hoping to deal some damage to this strange looking monster.

With a thud, the axe sunk a centimeter into Isaac's almost skeletal looking figure, but other than a mark appearing on his armor, he didn't feel anything other than the initial impact.

'So I'm incredibly resistant to normal attacks. That's good to know. Now what should I do with these guys? If they spread word about me, I might encounter some trouble.'

Isaac parried a sword with his tail and slapped the man away in an unhurried fashion. His body shifted as an arrow narrowly missed his head.

Clicking his imaginary tongue, he spun in a circle, causing blood to splash on the ground as the villagers near him staggered back clutching their wounded bodies.

His tail worked like a sword when he spun, cutting some of the men while others dodged before they got hurt. Isaac leapt towards Richard who was shaking slightly.

'What the hell is this monster?! I've never seen anything like it! It can shrug off attacks by Normal ranked people like nothing! I can't do that without using my Bronze rank essence.'

'Could it be? Does it actually disdain to use its power to kill us? Damn it! I shouldn't have stopped adventuring! I should've kept getting stronger so I could save everyone!'

Richard felt his hands numb as he parried another thrust of Isaac's tail. With enough force, Isaac's tail could penetrate steel and splinter wood, much less the toll Richard's muscles took with each blow.

'Wait! This thing! It's always been using the least amount of strength... Is it just toying with us? No! If I let this thing run free, I'd be a sinner!' Richard rushed forward with his knife angled at the strange creature.

 

72