[21]
2.2k 5 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaac stood in a dark cavern, his eyes closed as if he were sleeping while standing.

'What is this place? Was becoming a Xenomorph all a dream? No, that felt way too real to be a dream.'

"Smart. I like that." A voice sounded out from the darkness, echoing off the walls and giving the voice an eerie feel.

His eyes opened, then he squinted as he had gotten used to perceiving without light. The dim light came from a crystal protruding from the ceiling.

"Who are you?" Freaking out and yelling wouldn't help him in this situation at all. His voice was steady and a bit deep.

"Me? I guess you can call me Kali. Kali is a nice name isn't it? I'm a genius." The voice sounded proud, making Isaac roll his eyes.

"Okay, since I don't have much time, I'll tell you who I am and what I want." The voice sounded youthful, as if a young child was speaking.

Isaac stood silently waiting for an explanation, feeling that despite the weird situation, the voice should at least help clarify some things.

"I am the god of your previous world. Before you ask for proof, I can tell you about the time you tried to steal that baby kitten when no one was around. Or about the time you secretly had a crush on an anime charac-" 

"Stop! I believe you!" Isaac felt his cheeks heating up as he thought about his past, not wanting to recall those embarrassing moments.

"Good. Your old world is going to be destroyed." Hearing that, Isaac felt a bit incredulous. How could that be? The voice must be joking.

"I'm not joking. I secretly sent your soul to another world under the guise of a magical spacial spell."

Isaac didn't know, but only beings who had Transcended could control and manipulate spacial power without a medium.

"The view you have of that world is incredibly narrow. There are many levels of power, and you're merely just at the second stage."

"Wait, do you mean the bronze brown looking cloud floating in my body? That's power?" Isaac asked feeling a bit dumbfounded.

No matter how much times he tried to interact or move it, it refused to move and just hovered silently in his body.

"Indeed. The ranks are Normal, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Hero, Lord, Saint, and those beyond the Saint rank are viewed as Gods."

"So how do I get to Silver rank?" Isaac wanted to know how to increase his power. If not, he might not even know how he died in this new world.

"You need to filter all the impurities out to turn your Bronze essence to Silver essence. For the rest, I'll leave you to figure out." With a light laugh, the voice slightly faded.

"One more question then. Why was I a Xenomorph? I wanted to be a handsome and dashing man!" Isaac asked sorrowfully.

"Because they're my favorite movie from Earth. They're amazing creatures." Hearing the reason, Isaac wanted to curse!

'So I'm an ugly beast because you like them? Why not turn into one yourself and see if you like it!?' The voice chuckled as the surroundings went white.

"Good luck Isaac. Also, I won't force you, but remember those who you once lived for, they still exist. If you grow powerful enough, you can meet them."

Isaac sighed as he thought about his elderly parents and adopted younger sister who always treated him coldly. 

"Oh, one more thing. The second season of I Reincarnated as a Slime is out. Oh, The Devil's Evolution Catalog started being translated again."

"Oh shit! Send me back! I want to see them!" Isaac remembered that he loved to read and watch anime, even now as a monster, he still wanted to catch up and post comments about the anime and books.

"Find your own way back." The voice completely faded and Isaac woke up, his mind image rapidly updating itself as the wind blew the grass softly.

'Fuck! It was nice being human for a bit.' Isaac looked at his clawed fingers and sighed. 

'I guess I'll just try to rank up for now. I was a bit cold earlier, even if I don't feel much after killing, I won't be an indiscriminate butcher.'

...

"Whew. Suppressing the Xenomorph's natural desire to kill and propagate was a pain. I'm even weaker now than I was before..."

"Well, whatever, I hope you continue to amuse me." 'Kali' smiled faintly as she thought of all the possibilities that could occur now that she gave Isaac a 'push'.

 

64