11-The Gods
70 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

According to Naya's understanding, the plane came to existence by the six great Gods, Adea, the earth Goddess. She created the earth, the mountains, the plains, and the trees. Her servants are the Free Angels, who help her keep balance to the plane.

Taeranus Adea's brother is the God of Fire, who according to Naya is also associated with destruction, wisdom, and daydreams. Most of his almost fanatical followers reside within the west and can be primarily distinguished by the various charms they carry with them. According to Naya, her mother used to always warn her to stay away from them, for they were never up to any good.

And then there was Edal, the God of wind. He is often worshipped by wanderers, and travelers, and considered a symbol of freedom. As almost everyone has been a traveler once, Edal has quite the large numbers of followers across the plane, even Naya's parents were devout believers, most people pray to him for guidance towards their next journey.

Lastly is Inella, the Goddess of Water, and Edal's sister. Not much is known about her, besides the myths of her relationship with Taeranus, and the fact that she holds control over all water and oceans in the plane. Most of her worshipers are people who live near lakes and seas, or so Naya had been thought. 

The last two Gods were the most mysterious ones, both of their names long lost to time. They are shrouded in many myths, some say they were a couple, from them everything came to be, life as we know it started from them, yet one disappeared, unable to bear the loss of their loved one the second God abandoned the plane in search for their other half.

No one remembers their names, nor do they remember what domain they lorded over. And so the people came to know them by a rather simple name, The Two. 

Hearing Naya talks about the backstory of this strange world he found himself stranded in, made Leo feel somewhat conflicted. All this talk about Gods and Goddess's made him feel rather doubtful, yet here he was, in a different world where people did not die, nor know what death was, in a body that wasn't even human, with a Title of 'Death' itself. 

Was he truly in a position to doubt the possibility of Gods & Goddesses' existing? Thinking about that, an even more absurd thought made its way to his mind. Could he possibly be one of said Gods? 

Shaking his head at the ridiculous idea, Leo was about to open his mouth to ask Lone, when a familiar screen suddenly popped up in front of him, glancing at it for any changes, Leo's eyes widened as his mouth hung open at what he saw.

<Name: (Leo)Death Race: Divine(New)

  

 Age: ~   

 Affinity: Chaotic Neutral

 

 Magic: Dark  

 Skills: -Life steal (S-Rank)

   -Death's kiss (S-Rank)

   -Divine sense (??-Rank)

 Titles: The End - Otherworlder - Death-???> 

His Race was no longer a question mark but now read Divine. He tried to calm his mind as he carefully re-read that, didn't this just confirm his thoughts? He truly was a God?!

He must have been unable to control his emotions as the familiar black fog slowly began to surround his body once more. 

"Leo, fog!" Warned Naya as she took a few steps back as he thought her.

"Ah, I apologize." Taking a deep breath, Leo calmed his raging mind and recalled the fog back inside his body, causing Lone who was curled up behind a tree to heave a sigh of relief.

'But if there are Gods, what's the difference between them and these humans?' He asked himself, from what he observed since coming here, humans seemed to be Immortal unless they made contact with him.

According to Naya, the people here only celebrated their one-hundredth birthday, beyond that no one seemed to bother to keep count for that was simply meaningless. If so, what difference was there between them and the Gods? 

"You still did not explain the reason why you were following us." He asked the small Free Angel. 

Gulping down, the Free Angel nervously spoke. 

"The Goddess sent me here to watch and clean after you." Said Lone, while nervously fidgeting around, his eyes darted around seemingly unable to look at Leo directly. 

Frowning, Leo asked with a grunt. 

"Clean after me?" 

Taking another loud gulp, The Free Angel nodded before pointing at the death zone that Leo created surrounding them. 

"It's my job to restore the forest to its previous state." Answered Lone. 

Unconvinced, Leo ordered. 

"Show me."

"Ah?" 

"Show me how you do it, you said your job is to 'clean' after me, then show me." Coldly said, Leo. 

Hurriedly nodding, Lone sheepishly walked to the middle of the death zone, before closing his eyes. Moments later the small wings behind his back began to glow brightly momentarily blinding Naya and forcing her to cover her eyes. 

Leo on the other hand was better off, as he managed to keep his eyes open and carefully observe the small Free Angel. Under his careful watch, the Death zone he created with his mana slowly began to restore itself, with the greenery coming back and leaves sprouting from the trees once more.

Moments later, the only thing left was the small crater Leo created when he punched the ground earlier, everything else was back to its previous state. 

"Whoaaa! What was that?!" Asked Naya as she jumped up and down. 

She may have not noticed, but Leo's eyes certainly did. While carefully observing Lone do his work, he was able to spot what looked like a thread of mana coming down from the sky itself and into his wings. 

From then, Lone seemed to channel said Mana with the help of his wings to the ground causing it to quickly recover its previous state, once that was over Lone's wings stopped glowing as the thread of Mana that extended from the skies retreated back to the clouds leaving behind a recovered forest. 

Raising his head to look at his handiwork, Lone nodded proudly at a mission well done before turning towards Leo as if telling him, did you see? 

"How long have you been following me?" Asked Leo.

A disappointed expression made its way to Lone's face at the seeming lack of reaction from Leo before he replied.

"Since your first destruction." 

"So you were there, in the village as well?" 

"Y-yes." Nervously replied Lone. 

"I see."

6