Ch 5 – A design for my desires
5.1k 12 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I dash into the mist and the world around me starts to change. The crude map built in my mind picks up no new terrain in front of me, but starts to crumple as it runs into Gehenna. The sand against my feet shifts, turning more and more into something else with every step I take. 

 

The focused star’s light becomes visible as a pinprick through the fog above, and slowly grows wider. As it does its location in the sky slowly moves, growing closer and closer to the horizon before it passes beneath it.

 

Must be night. A pity, I was looking forward to seeing the sun.

 

I keep walking as I witness the limited landscape near me slowly gain features. First I start to see stones in the sand as the ground becomes more solid. I stop and stomp on the soil with one leg. No longer do I sink slightly into shifting earth as I walk, its surface now holds me higher and firmer now instead.

 

While the air seems to be the same temperature as in Hel, I still feel colder than I did before. My home will no longer sustain me.

 

A tickling sensation greets my feet with my next step.

 

I look down, and see a colour I’ve never before witnessed with these eyes.

 

Green.

 

The grass sprouts up in tiny clumps from the soft soil.

I bend over and pick some up, dew witting my fingers and the thin leaves breaking in the process.

I bring the tiny plucked stalks to my face and inspect them as I stand back up; and a new smell finds its way to my nose.

 

The grass smells like nothing I’ve ever smelt before, not of starlight soaked black dunes, nor like the dizzyingly sweet and heat inducing odor of semen.

 

It smells of water and life.

 

Of freedom.

 

I run forward faster now, and as the fog clears I find myself at the top of a windswept grassy cliff overlooking a wide valley, all illuminated beautifully by the starlight overhead. 

 

The sides of the valley start off as a meadowed slope after the end of the cliff, and slowly become more wooded as they go down. In the centre of the valley a narrow river flows to an unseen place beyond the horizon, and on its banks are where the sparsely wooded meadow turns to dense forest.

 

A single tear rolls down my cheek.

 

I should wait here until sunrise, it’s the perfect spot.

 

I sit down near the cliff’s edge, looking for a perch to watch from, and find my task much harder than I expected.

 

Cross-legged is somewhat comfortable, but the long grass tickling my clitoris is incredibly distracting. Lying on my side the long flowing grass envelopes one of my breasts and irritates my nipple, so I shift again. Why do I have to be so damn sensitive.

 

On my back, my nipples are fine, but the grass gets through a gap between my thighs and brushes once more against my pussy. I can’t even see the valley anyway like this.

 

I also probably shouldn’t lie on my stomach for one large and exceedingly obvious reason. 

Still, even with a flat belly I would run into the same problem I experienced on my side, but twice as badly.

 

Yup.

 

I need clothes.

 

Being naked would cause me problems in human society anyway.

 

I ultimately settle on kneeling with my calves tucked under my body so I can sit on my feet. It’s pretty uncomfortable in the long run, but it’s not as bad as the alternatives.

 

What sort of clothes should I get anyway? I’m planning to travel a lot, so I can’t have anything too restrictive, but if I dress like a prostitute I’m going to be treated like a prostitute, which might be fine in some circumstances, but might be trouble in others.

 

Ok, I gotta roll things back here, I’m starting to go on a mental rant.

 

What am I actually going to do in the human world?

 

I spent a lot of time thinking about how to get out of Hel, but I haven’t really thought of what I’d do once I succeeded.

 

First of all: pregnancies. I want to have as many as possible and as often possible.

 

But second of all, I want to travel, which kinda clashes with the first one. I can’t travel with a boatload of children very easily, if at all. 

 

But this feels like a bit of a paradox to me for one big reason.

 

Without a need for food, water or sleep, I can travel anywhere there are humans without rest. With my fertility and low gestation time, not to mention the way my body is built, I should be able to repeatedly birth offspring at a very rapid pace.

 

Any recollection of childhood I have are scattered and fuzzy, and some of the memories don’t even align with each other. 

I have different hair colours, I speak different languages, I go through puberty hundreds of times. Trying to remember anything about this hurts.

 

My memory only starts making sense from gazing at the stars of Hel and onwards, and I was fully grown at that point.

Humans are born, they grow old, and then they die.

 

But I’m not human.

 

And I spent a long time under Hel’s sky without growing any older.

 

And my records say that I might not die when my body is destroyed.

 

So…

 

Was I even born?

It sounds ridiculous, but I don’t think I was.

 

Because the alternative makes much more sense.

 

What if I was not born, but instead, built.

 

Humans are born, and they’re tied down with responsibility.

 

I feel like I can go anywhere and do anything that I want.

 

Everything my body is built for, I seem to enjoy doing. And everything I enjoy doing, my body seems to be built for. 

 

If I was made, the conflicting memories could just be a side effect of my creation.

 

If I was created, then my likes and dislikes could be created as well. 

If this is true, it means that I was created to do what I want, and that isn’t a freedom granted to me. It’s a job.

 

I was created to enjoy exactly what I am supposed to be doing. 

 

My creator wants me to travel, and my creator wants me to bear children.

So the desire to do both of these things was placed in my mind.

 

My creation leaves no questions about myself, aside from maybe how, as well as the aforementioned paradox. 

 

Why do I have both the design and desire for two contradictory things? 

 

Are they, like my memories, a mistake too? Having children every two weeks while still having the freedom to travel sounds impossible.

 

Does the fact that I have the will and capability for both mean I can do both? 

 

I give my belly a motherly rub.

 

I guess I’ll know once you come out.

 

I suppose I’ll know for certain if I can pretty shortly, as soon as this one is born.

 

Shit, didn’t I just say I wouldn’t go on a mental rant? Where was I?

 

Oh right, I was planning for the future. Also, I need clothes. I’ll just assume for now that giving birth won’t hamper my ability to travel.

Spirit - 10/25

And maybe a fuck.

Right, so first I want a set of clothes to travel in that isn’t whorish. If I need to get somewhere fast, I can’t have humans stopping me on the street because they want the services of a prostitute.

 

I also shouldn’t even try and pretend that I can get every attacker I meet to fuck me, so I’ll need to be able to fight in the first outfit.

 

The human world revolves around money, so I’ll need a way to make it. This is where the second outfit comes in. The second outfit should make humans stop me on the street because they want the services of a prostitute, and boom, easy money.

 

Both outfits would need two specific features as well: An empty or expanding midriff for my belly, and the capability to have sex in at the drop of a hat without taking them off.

 

Since I’m never going to stay in the same place for long, I won’t be able to visit the same tailor every time I need repairs. The same tailor might not even be alive after a while anyway, since humans are so frail.

 

If I want custom clothes, a tailor who won’t question my fashion choices, and a tailor I can always access, there’s only really one option I can take here.

 

I need to make my own clothes.

 

I have no experience in tailoring whatsoever, but it might not be entirely hopeless.

Time to check my records.

Oh right, I pushed a few notifications I didn’t want to read at the time into my subconscious.

 

Finesse raised to 2 - Effects increased slightly

 

RIght, if i remember correctly, this skill said it helped with tool use. That would probably apply to a needle and thread.

 

Succubi's body raised to 2 - Vision capabilities for both night and day increased

Soul leech raised to 2 - Control over skill increased

Soul increased to +1

Body increased +1 - Skill available

 

All those appeared when I fucked Desmond. And I can get the dampening skill now, sweet.

 

Gehenna manipulation increased to 2 - You may now choose an exit point in the target world while in gehenna. Accuracy minimal.

So I might be able to choose where I pop out when I use that skill. Not that i want to use it again anytime soon.

 

Doesn’t look like anything else in new, so I’ll just get that skill and wait for the sunrise.

Skill gained - Dampening 

Points spend: 1

Points left: 0

Rogue increased to 11

 

I snap my fingers with and without the skill, and sure enough, I can make myself quieter.

I spend the next 30 minutes playing around with the skill until the sun starts to peek over the horizon.

Dampening raised to 2 - Effects increased.

 

The sunlight meets my eyes and begins to travel down the valley as it’s source rises. The light is warm, but a different kind than that of arousal. This warmth makes me feel sluggish and relaxed. It bids me to lay down and attempt to sleep, even though I know I can’t. It feels nice, but ultimately, hollow.

I don’t think I was meant for these feelings. Hel was only ever illuminated by the soft light of the stars, so the bright light from the sun feels confusing to me.

I think I might be nocturnal.

I stand up slowly, my body numbed by the sunlight, and start walking along the cliff, searching for a way down.

Now over the horizon fully, I finally get a good look at the sun. Well, a good look might be pushing it, considering It won’t let my eyes even near it. I squint at the sun, now regarding it with suspicion.

As far as first impressions go, Sun, you aren’t doing very well.

I eventually come to a place where the cliff has crumbled away, leaving a slope of soil for me to clamber down into the valley. My goal here is to find my way to the river and take a look at my reflection.

It’s a bit precarious, but I am able to advance down the collapsed cliff face in a couple of minutes, and begin to make my trek down the valley’s slope. At this point, the sun has been up for long enough for the medow’s wildflowers to open, speckling the sides of the valley with colour. Feasting on the wildflowers and fresh grasses on either side of the valley are rabbits, who look at me with caution as I pass.

 

Spirit - 9/25

 

My spirit suddenly decreases by a bit.

At this point I’ve escaped Hel about 5 hours ago, so at the rate of one point every 5 hours, a full feeding would leave me at most around 5 days before i starve. Good to know.

I pass my first tree, and soon start to encounter many more until I reach the forest at the bottom of the valley. The woods aren’t particularly thick, but I don't enter them until I find a game trail, just to make the hike a little easier. 

The trail is pretty well blazed, but I still find myself needing to duck under branches once in a while. Once or twice I run into a deer, and the skittish animals leap away much more quietly than I can walk.

A snap of a stick I stepped on causes an unseen animal to rustle in the nearby bushes, only to freeze in fear as I look closer. This place is so full of life, and it’s all so colourful. If only Hel could be more like this.

To not disturb the wildlife as a walk onwards, I activate dampening to muffle any more broken branches I may end up making. It proves to be the right decision, as I walk past a family a while later without causing them to flee.

 

I can hear the flow of the river now, and shortly emerge from the trees and onto the shore. I walk along the riverbank until I find a smooth section of water, and peer over to see my reflection.

 

Although I could see it before, my hair is a dusty lilac. Like a dull silver with just a small amount of purple mixed in. It falls loosely around my body, a portion just in front of either ear being just long enough to cover my nipples. The strands have the faintest wave in them, clearly noticeable at the tips, where they curve slightly.

 

Poking through my hair just above my ears are two small horns. They’re coloured an unreflective black that reminds me of the sands in hell, and about 3 inches long. I pick a leaf from a nearby tree, and impale it on a horn to test sharpness.

Results? 

Very sharp indeed.

 

Next I stare right into my own eyes, and am greeted by a lovely vibrant violet colour a few shades more intense than my hair.

Pretty

 

My eyes leave my face and start scanning my body from the ground up, looking for any-WHOA.

It was a bit hard to tell from my own perspective, but my hips are suuuper wide. 

Yea, I guess I need those considering what I do.

 

Next, my crest, which would be pretty hard to get a good look at without my reflection in the river.

Although it was kinda hard to get a good look at from above the first time that I saw it, it had changed quite noticeably since then. The womb status skill did say it also displayed pregnancy-related information on my crest.

A pink heart in the center of my crest being filled in now is the main addition I could find.

Y’know what information I want to see on this? Gestation time. That would make planning for birthing much easier. Maybe I’ll get that with the next level in womb status?

 

My belly seems to be getting larger by the day, but there isn’t anything particularly new I notice. I look about six months pregnant at this point. Given that size, a pregnancy should last about 2 weeks from fertilization to birth. Thats 20 times faster than a human, and should have my lactation starting only a few minutes 

 

I sweep my hair away from my breasts… Wait… Have they gotten larger?

I cup one of them to weigh it. Yup, noticeably heavier.

As I let go, and my tit falls and brushes it’s nipple against the hand that was just holding it.

Mmg… It’s really sensitive. I pinch my nipple to test it and a thin stream of white liquid flows out of it.

Ah, I’m lactating already. 

It’s not out of the ordinary for humans to start even before they reach the halfway point, so I guess I’m not too abnormal.

 

I finish up my indulgence in vanity with a thumbs up and blow my reflection a kiss.

Hel yea.

I’ve got to be the best looking succubus I’ve ever seen.

That’s right!

Praise me mortals!

Fawn over my supreme beauty and genius!

Sacrifice your most virile men to me!

I’ll give them back once I’m done though.

 

Hehehe

 

My eyes follow the river downstream. I guess I should just start walking in this direction now, maybe I’ll hit a human settlement eventually.

I take one step and stop in my tracks immediately.

Eh?

Colour drains from my face as I begin to realize what just happened.

Flowing down the insides of my thighs is a fluid less sticky than I’m used to.

Is this?

No.

But what else could it be?

Is it…

Amniotic fluid?

Did my water just break?

This can’t be happening now…

I’m only the size of a human 6 months in.

And then my own words between me and he human hit me like a sack of bricks:

_____

“Is it even human?” Desmond asks.

 

“Our child?” I reply.

He nods carefully.

 

“Doubt it. It is my first though, so I’m not 100% sure on that fact. I’ll just have to wait and see.”

_____

 

How did I not realize it?! It’s not human, so of course comparing it’s gestation to a human’s would be inaccurate!

How could I have been so stupid?

I scramble to the river, quickly lowering myself into the running water just enough to submerge my leaking cunt.

Ok

Ok

Ok

Just stay calm.

 

Hey all, remember how I said last chapter that I thought I knew how the poll would turn out? Well I was wrong.

Maybe it was because I didn’t specify that the half chapter option would release both halves at the same time? I changed to poll to reflect that since I wasn’t super clear. But if the between chapter option still wins, i don’t really care. Either is fine for me.

Speaking of, the first sub chapter is out now right after this one! I won’t have polls for the “B chapters” as I’m calling them, and might not always have author’s notes.

Aw, who am I kidding, I love authors' notes.

This chapter finally gives us a good picture of what Kalmana looks like! I was a bit stuck on the womb tattoo, and scoured the internet for hours to find one. I never found one that I thought fit perfectly, but if anyone wants to draw one for her, I’ll link em in future chapters.

No poll today, can’t think of a good one.

-Babylon

65