(Author) Announcement/rant.
7.9k 26 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is more than likely going to be deleted tomorrow, and it is just a rant. 

EDIT 2: It will no longer be deleted. Thanks for the overwhelming support, I have read through every single comment, and I am thankful for every single one of them. Sincerely your author. ~Azriel. 

Hey guys, it's me your wonderful author... It's what I would like to say, I have been having difficulties progressing the story due to poor planning, anyways I am putting in a lot of effort into the story, yes this is a rant, and yes this might sound manipulative. Honestly I love writing, otherwise I wouldn't do it for 8-10 hours a day and get 3 hours of sleep. I absolutely love it even though I am utter trash at it.

So where am I getting at? 

I never had hopes for this story, I did not even want to publish it. However after talking with some close friends I decided to do it, it was overwhelmingly well received however, it is a bit depressing for me (I will elaborate on this later), hearing nice comments and feedback cheers me up, it really does. I say this from the bottom of my heart. So to every single one of you, regardless of negative or positive feedback I am thankful. 

I am also thankful to you all that read through this awful story as it gets "better", so let us make the question. "Where am I getting at?" yet again, I have been really busy in real life. However I decided that I would do one chapter a day until around chapter 60, which is honestly far off. My drafts go as far as chapter 15, so you can see what I am saying, again I said it was getting hard to progress the story. One of the major reasons is that I suck at writing, and one of those shitty 1-2k word chapter that you guys read takes around 8-24 hours of work, for context chapter 9 and 9.5 took around 40 hours together. It was painful but it was fulfilling to finish them. 

It's hard to keep up with the daily releases or the meme double release extra chapter thing, however it makes me happy to read feedback about the story, this is where I am getting at. It's a double edged sword, I understand that my writing is god-awful, that the first 4 chapters are uninteresting and boring, I would even call them trash. However it is honestly kind of painful seeing 1-3 star ratings without a single bit of feedback. This is a childish rant I am well aware of it, I have so many things going on Irl. Only way to unstress myself is through writing, however seeing it "crumble" (Yes, I am well aware it sounds exaggerated) is painful. How did you feel in school, during that one time 'that' teacher looked at your paper, gave you a 5/10 mark and did not say anything about it. That is pretty much how I feel right now, It's hard to keep writing like this, but I will continue.

EDIT: It also makes me depressed seeing the awful 4.0 rating while it's in trending, I feel like I am making you all read absolute trash and I cannot even do anything about it. I believe I am at fault for everything, my story is just bad. 

This was something that I had to get out of my chest, since I don't have many people to turn to when it comes to situations like these. 

I sincerely thank anyone that reads through this childish rant, regardless if you hate me for it or not.

I will use this also as a Q & A, while I am at it. Feel free to ask any questions. 

No poll this time.

104