Vol.1 Chap. 8 – Nightmare in a Nap
299 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah, home sweet home.” Dixon cried the moment he enters the house.

“Not so fast young man.” His mother called him.

“Ok, ok, ma. You don’t have to worry so much.” Her son assured her in respond to her reaction.

“Come on dear let the young man celebrate a little.” Her husband tried to calm her a little.

At the same time, the couple twin children took the groceries which they have shopped earlier to the kitchen to prepare for the family dinner. Both husband & wife took a look at the most recent family photo, contemplating on the events which have happened recently.

“I’ll check on Dixon.” The father volunteered, breaking the short silence that the couple is having.

“Sure & I’ll cook his favorite food.” Replied the mother before going to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

The father went upstairs towards his son room. Knocking the door a few times, there are no respond from Dixon. Opening the door ajar, he peeks into his son’s room only to find him fast asleep.

“Another of his irregular naps again. Probably the hospital beds are not to his liking.” Dixon’s father concluded upon hearing the sound of his son sleeping. He then closed the door, leaving his son to get some handsome naps before calling him up for dinner which will be ready within an hour or so. Little does the man knows, his son is having a dream again.

Dixon was travelling to a location in town for an appointment with his friend Davey. Leaving from home, it took him around five minutes to reach the meeting place that they had agreed upon earlier. After a few moments travelling from his home, he arrived at the meeting place.

Davey Brandson, upon seeing his friend waved at him. Suddenly out of the blue, a truck comes crashing onto him at high speeds, killing him instantly. Seeing that shocking event, Dixon slammed the brakes of his bicycle to take a look at the scene in front of him.

As he is trying to process what is going at the moment, he could hear the sound of a vehicle roaring behind him. On instinct, he quickly moves his bicycle to the road side. But it is not enough as section of the rear wheel of the bicycle is still on the road, allowing the truck to still hit him.

The force that hit Dixon does not kill him, but it is strong enough to send him spiraling off from his bicycle with a hard landing on the pavement. Realizing that his target had survived the initial attempt to his life, the driver of the truck immediately drew out his handgun & took aim at Dixon. Terrified, the young man raised his hand to cover his face & braced for the worst & everything soon gone blank for him.

Dixon woke up in cold sweat, shocked by what he had witness in his dreams. It took him a while to catch his breath & to be aware of his surroundings. Wiping the sweat off from his face, he decided to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Hey son, did you sleep well?” Dixon’s father called him the moment he saw him coming down from his room upstairs.

“Yeah, miss my old bed dad.” He replied back to his father before entering the kitchen.

Helping himself a glass of chilled water from the refrigerator, he chugged down its contents before putting it back to its place. The moment he has done it, the doorbell started to ring, announcing that a visitor had arrived to visit them.

“Dixon, can you get the door?” His mother asks him.

“Sure mom, right away.” He answered back at her.

Moving to the entrance of their house, he opens the door to discover that his friends has arrived. Leading them was Davey, his best buddy & another four of his other friends which is another two young men & two young ladies.

“Yo, happy recovery to you.” Davey greeted him & at the same time, gave him a hug.

“Thanks pal.” He responded & hugged him back, which is even tighter than Davey which surprises him.

“You good buddy?” the friend asks him.

“Yeah, nothing wrong, just feeling good to be home.” Dixon answers to his friend.

“Kids, you are just in time for dinner. Come & dig in.” Dixon’s father called them from the living room.

Without wasting time, the young adults join Dixon’s family by the dining table. Joining the guest other then Davey are Adrian Wesley, Jimmy Chase, Shelley Autumn & Candice Summers. It is a little cramp for everyone, but everyone is glad to get together for this event.

Things however are not the same for the people who are on duty outside their house. Their sensors had picked up certain energies which originated from Dixon’s house, causing them to scramble a little to assess the new development at hand.

“Ranch Hall, Ranch Hall, Come In, This is Dire Wolf.” Dire Wolf called to their commander frantically which also alerts the rest of Shepherd Team.

“This is Ranch Hall, go on Dire Wolf.” The reply came in immediate.

“I got psionic reaction here & it is a massive spike here.” He informed to his commander.

“Copy that Dire Wolf, Sky Shrike also detected the same spike originating from that house.”

“What’s the reading from your side?”

“High, just like yours & it is from Little Lamb.”

“How high can it be? Your instruments are better than us sir.”

“High enough to warrant for Omega’s attention boys.”

“You got to be joking.” Fox Hound retorted in disbelieve.

“Send the data you got for us.” Ranch Hall instructed them.

“Roger that.” Dire Wolf complied.

“I will get back to you boys later. For now, keep your eyes even more peeled, Ranch Hall out.”

“Will do. Dire Wolf out.”

“Acknowledge, Fox Hound out.”

“Fuck me. This shit just got golden.” Black Bear complained the moment the transmission ended.

“Hey Bear, don’t be a hussy just because things want to fuck you sideways.” Snow Owl jeered at him.

The scene soon moves to an undisclosed location of an abandon factory near town. A suspicious truck can be seen moving towards the building which is being guarded by a group of people standing by a fire lighted in a barrel at its main entrance.

Driving through the gate, the vehicle soon enters a building where it is revealed to be workshop of some sort. But what is strange of this workshop that it not just houses strange implements for vehicles, it is also staffed with strange people working to modify & repair all the vehicles that are being sent to this workshop.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

9