Vol.1 Chap. 11 – The Syndicate of Souls
264 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark room, sound of a telephone ringing can be heard in the scene. After almost a minute of ringing, a table lamp was switched on in response of the ringing revealing a Chinese man with a scarred face.

“Hell’s Torch, who the fuck is calling at this hour?” He answered in a drowsy manner.

“It is about time you wake up & give me some answer.” A supernatural sultry voice roared back at him in a commanding tone.

This causes the man to jump out of his bed in a shock, he knew that something big has happened while he was asleep & it is not good when his employer comes calling him personally through his phone.

He hates it when it happens, where he is forced to do business wearing so little such as wearing only his underwear or wrapped in a towel from the waist down. Nothing can be done, as his employer is a supernatural being who has the means to see what he is dressed in without needing to confront him.

“Miss Baptist-Bootlegger, what can your humble employee do for you?” He asks his boss in a polite & meek tone now.

“You can start by explaining how thousands of souls ended up in my realm suddenly last night.” His boss yelled at him through his phone.

The volume of her voice was so laud, it causes both of his ears to hurt even though he is only using his right ear to listen to his phone. Furthermore, it is not only thing that passes through the phone line.

Some of her powers are being transmitted through along with her voice, causes him to have a headache the moment he listened to her voice yelling at him. It took him a while to recover from the effect of her powers that are being projected at him.

“Please boss, I have no idea what is going on. Let me investigate & I will bring you the answers you want.” He pleaded at her.

“I have no need for such work you ‘Over Paid Incompetent Useless Manager’. Some of your minions are here with me & they had told me what had transpired.” His boss retorted back at him.

“What do you want me do?” He asks, hoping for a chance to redemption.

“You will find out who are these assailants who had destroyed  all our wagon workshops & make them pay.” She ordered him.

“As you wish boss, I will find them & teach them who we are in this business.”

“Good, if you do well, I may consider rewarding you instead of punishing you.”

“Thank you boss, you are so generous.”

“Shut up fool, do not count your chickens before they hatch. Fail me again & I shall have your soul suffer for eternity.”

“Yes boss.” Her thug replied, quivering under the effect of her powers.

However, there is no reply from his boss. She has little interest to know his answer, what interest her is the results that he will bring. That is the retribution to those who had interfered with their business.

Frantically, Hell’s Torch opened an app in his phone to contact his men who are working with him. Sending several messages, he wipes his sweat that is dripping from his forehead, recalling dreadful memories that he had several years ago.

That time he was a lieutenant of a similar syndicate which is operating in the Eastern Pacific Region. The old syndicate was eradicated by the joint effort of Interpol & police from several countries that they operate in. That incident has caused many of his brothers & sisters in the syndicate to be taken as collateral for failing to fulfill the contract set by their former patron god.

He & several of them are the survivors as they had completed the current contract before the incident occurred. It took him many years to get the business back again, starting by contracting with a new goddess as his patron & recruiting more people to grow the business to what it is today in the Western Pacific Region.

In the present he called his chief enforcer, so that he could rally all his enforcers to throw some muscle at the group of mysterious people who had ruined their business. He called for his chief informant, to get to know who the members are so that he could make an example of, so that other groups will not challenge him.

He called for chief recruiter, so that he will know how much value does the score he needs to settle with his enemy. The only one that he did not manage to call is his chief mechanic, whom he was later informed that was killed in the raid on his personal workshop by those unknown assailants.

All of them came to meet him at his house, which is a great mansion at the outskirts of town. There is only one purpose, which is to discuss the sudden attacks at all their workshops.

At the meeting table, there is little to discuss except for Mr. Hell’s Torch berating his minor bosses on their mistakes. Big Rat, chief informant was shot for not informing the existence of a rival gang. Strong Arm, chief enforcer was scolded for now preparing his men for the fight in advance & Old Wrangler was insulted for not being able to identify potential spies that might come from their fresh recruits.

The late Gearsmith who was represented by his lieutenant does not escape his wrath too, as he was blamed for not highlighting certain deficiencies for the defences of all the workshops they had with them. Poor Cogsmith was hammered with accusations of being ambitious in a toxic manner.

All of those present they knew the truth of their boss rampaging behaviour, he got fucked by their employer & there is nothing that he can do about it, as their employer is a superior being that is able to dominate them. Their boss probably got a full load torment from that mysterious being that is unknown to them.

Discussion on what needs to be done is nearly nonexistent as their boss went on an order barking spree at them. Telling them what to do, how to do & when to do which is an excess level of micro management. None of them dared to protest, as they know that the end will not be a good one if they get into his bad side.

While Mr. Hell’s Torch is being busy for his side, similar can be said for Ms. Baptist-Bootlegger. Her true identity has been revealed to be of a god residing in her private realm in another world.

Things have been busy for her ever since many new arrival souls came from Earth. Her angels have been working nonstop to prepare those souls to be evaluated properly before auctioning them off to potential customers.

Finishing her conversation with her business apostle on Earth, her attention goes to the stack of documents that her archangel had compiled for her. The detail of every soul which was delivered to her was gathered by angels in her employment.

“My lady, how would you like us to herd these souls for sale?” Her archangel asked.

“Hmm…. This batch of souls has so few heroes while the grunts so many.” She muttered.

“Is there anything wrong my lady?” Her archangel called, trying to get her attention.

“The harvest this time is a disappointment, little that we can auction off with a good price.” She replied to her companion servant.

“How about assembling them to be a blessed party led by a hero?” The archangel suggested.

“That would be good, the hero with his exclusive companions sanctioned by the gods. That will further improve the faith of our customers’ worshippers.” The goddess exclaimed.

“I am glad that you are finally happy with the arrangement now.” The archangel expressed her feelings to her goddess.

“Oh Carnelia, what would I do without you. Have the announcement out that “The Auction House of the Goddess of Plunder, Vivelka’s Auction House” will have their auction by tomorrow.” Goddess Vivelka proclaimed.

“As you will my goddess.” The archangel complied.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

8