Vol.1 Chap. 19 – Raiding An Auction
183 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A screen is showing the distance from Vivelka’s Auction House in a bridge of a ship, where a fleet of three warships was seen moving to close the distance between it. The length of all these warships is approximately 200ft, which is designed & armed for multirole operations.

These warships are operated by the Realm, Passage & Gate Foundation, which has an array of weapons are manned by a crew of 10 sailors with an attachment of a contingent of guardians kept at the range from 10 to 40 men at a time.

The reason why these warships can be operated with a minimal amount of crew was due to the various automation systems present in it, reducing the crew requirement to run this ship to none should conditions requires as there is a smart A.I. included in ship automated control.

In command of the fleet of these Orbital Mission Ship (OMS) is Aspire, the one who will be coordinating with Cosmos who is already on site with her retinue of escorts. The goddess & her team have infiltrated the premises of the enemy & at the moment, they are not scouting in silence to have a clear picture of the scenario which will be happening in time to come.

In the armouries of the all the OMS, all the assault team are preparing their gear & making final check to storm the trafficking in a heavenly realm. They can be seen suiting up in their combat suits, which looks lightly armoured but in reality not, covering them from head to toe.

Many these guardians are armed with rifles & pistols which is different than the one used by Exterminator Team, where the one used by that tactical team was a type of rifle which uses caseless ammunition.

The rifles used by the guardians are a type energy weapon which is designed to hurt heavenly beings. Same thing goes to their grenades, which produces energy which can harm them.

Aspire is commanding his fleet from the ship named Blood Fang, where it is joined by its sister ships Blood Claw & Blood Talon that form their fleet. The fleet this time is carrying a detachment of 90 guardians for the engagement this time where each & every one of them are trained to slay gods & goddess like a game from a hunt.

“Commander Sir. We will be entering the silent zone soon.” The captain of Blood Fang informed him.

It is tradition to address the commanding officer of a ship as a captain regardless of their actual rank in the navy that they are in. For Aspire, as force commander of the fleet, he is being addressed as commander for this duration.

“Acknowledged. Coms, hail the Blood Claw & the Blood Talon. I want to know the status of the assault teams now.” He commanded the communications officer of the ship.

“Aye sir. Hailing the Blood Claw & the Blood Talon now.” The officer complied with his orders.

While waiting for the response from the other two ships, Aspire continue to observe all the monitors in the bridge of the ship, looking at the progress which is being highlight there based on the objectives relayed by Cosmos.

“Sir, both the Blood Claw & the Blood Talon reports that all hands & stations are prep & ready.” The coms officer informs him after a short moment.

“Good, all hands, we will be entering a period of silence now. All ship to engage silent surf now.” Aspire declared to the forces under his command, which is being relayed by the coms officer in the bridge.

Meanwhile at the auction house, Cosmos & friends have been snooping around at the event venue. They have been busy onsite with their preparations to end this event, which bear nothing except a game of nonsense for the amusement of some childish god & goddesses.

They had accomplished what they have aim to do & now waiting for the moment for them to make an appearance at the main event of the party. Cosmos need not wait long, where a bell has been rung to get the attention of all guests who attended the party.

“Ladies & Gentlemen, may I have your attention?” A voice called out.

All guests looked at the direction of the source of the voice came from, which is from a balcony above them. It is the archangel Carnelia, dressed in a black fancy cocktail dress & beside her is the goddess Vivelka, her mistress who is dressed in a white gothic theme fishtail dress.

“Before the main event of our party starts, I would like to invite our hostess to say a word before we start.” The archangel continued after being certain that most of the guests are pay attention to them.

Upon being announced, Vivelka walked to the balcony & made her appearance in front of the crowd. They gave her applause when she waved at them & stopped when they saw that she is ready to speak.

Her speech was short, as she was more concern of clearing out her inventory & when she is done, she invited all her guest to the auction hall where the main event will begin.

The auction hall soon filled with their participants, only those who are customers are allowed to enter, while the party guest instead will be watching the auction event from the spectators’ hall.

Pixar wanted to accompany her mistress. However, she is unable due to the current circumstances. She & Lord Applegate instead went into the other hall where they will be tasked in handling the guest.

Everything is progressing as planned & Cosmos had blended among the customer of Vivelka, waiting for the right moment to surprise her. She is not worried at all for being separated from her attendant & escort as those in the hall are not her match.

The auction starts with the cheapest party of hero & champions for sale, where it is a trend for auction houses to start off with the merchandise of the least value as a warm up before the premium merchandise comes in for auction.

Proceedings of the auction goes rather fast as there are a lot of merchandise to be written off by its owner. This motivation is something that all customers are unaware of except Cosmos, who is related to those who are responsible in flooding their storage space.

Finally, the auction reaches its climax when they announce that they will be putting the best selection of heroes & champions for auction. For this section of the auction, the Goddess of Plunder & her archangel will be handling the proceedings themselves.

“Stop right there!!!” A voice called them from the crowd of customers in the auction hall.

All eyes immediately turned to the direction where it came from, which is a magnificent goddess dressed is an orange & purple gown. Every soul witnessing her action is elated, as it appears that she will be doing something to project her prestige.

This act is common with some gods & goddesses who wanted to impress someone or everyone in the auction. Vivelka is elated, as any customer who created a scene at an auction session would create free publicity for her business.

“This is the Realm, Passage & Gate Foundation & all of you here are under arrest for the crimes of soul trafficking & slavery.” Cosmos announced.

This caused Vivelka her customers to be shocked to learn that their business is now being raided by an unknown force at their favourite venue. That shock is further aggravated where out of the blue, where unknown knights appeared & surround them in an instant the moment their crimes have been announced.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

7