Vol.1 Chap. 22 – Effects of Energy Hazard
146 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The explosion soon cleared with both Vivelka & Carnelia absent from the scene. Many of the customers of the auction house are either killed, maimed or wounded by the blast it caused.

Cosmos & her force of knights are unharmed by the explosion as they have anticipated this in advance, allowing them to take measure to protect themselves from the effects of the blast in advance.

“Mistress!” Pixar called Cosmos, rousing her attention.

“I am fine dear.” She assured her attendant.

“But your favourite dress is gone.”

“So as yours too my child.”

Both ladies giggled a little before assessing the situation around them. Cosmos, with her psychic abilities found that the archangel’s presence is no longer in existence. The servant’s mistress however, was detected to be still alive somewhere in premise as the energy hazard has made the attempt to teleport her away has been foiled.

There are many factors which determine the size of the area of energy hazard & its density & volatility. With the most ferocious battles happen in the confined space of the auction house participated by many gods & goddesses, it had become an area which is saturated with divine energies emitted from the use of their powers in the battle.

“Knights, clear the area, energy hazard field is expanding!” Lord Applegate commanded his men.

Complying with their commander’s order, all of them withdrew in an orderly fashion as the battle is still raging between them & the hostile customers of the auction house. When the last knight has left the auction hall, only did Cosmos & her retinue follow suit as the two ladies are covering them with protective enchantment against the growing energy hazard.

The expanding energy hazard field begin to affect the gods & goddesses who are still lingering in the auction hall which has been abandoned by their foes. Various reactions can be seen manifesting from all who had failed to evacuate in time.

It soon begins to escalate as those in the auction hall begin to transform, as they are afflicted by the various degree of energy hazard that is going rampant in the area. The denizen there have been twisted & mutated beyond recognition transforming to various hideous shapes & sizes of insects, beasts & plants.

“Mistress, some of them had become giants!” Pixar called Cosmos to get her attention to some of them who had grown into giants.

“Cover me!” Her mistress commanded her & at the same time begin make certain moves which looked like an act to conjure a spell.

Soon a circle of magic appears above Cosmos, indicating that a spell has been successfully casted. The magic circle disappears as quick as it had appeared revealing a portal have been opened by Cosmos.

“Celestial Sanctuary! To me!” Cosmos called with her voice which has been amplified & a ship appears from the portal.

The 1000ft feet ship that went through the portal is a heavily armed ship operated by the Order of the Celestial Knights. It is an Orbital Assault Ship (OAS), which is designed for mass deployment of an assaulting force from an orbit of a celestial body such as planets & asteroids.

“Great Knight, would you be kind?” Cosmos ordered her escort in a graceful manner.

“With Pleasure!” The knight complied with a smile.

Producing a magical ball from his hand, Lord Applegate throws it into the middle of the auction hall. His intention is as clear as daylight where the area full of abominations will be destroyed by the force multiplier elements from the arsenal of the OAS up above them.

“Coordinates Confirmed! Standby for Avatar Drop!” A voice can be heard from Lord Applegate’s communicator.

“Commander, we have detected a magic beacon. The Celestial Sanctuary just dropped a detachment of Avatar Frames (AFs) into the battlefield.” The navigation & sensor officer informed Aspire.

Suddenly, several unknown objects can be seen dropping from the OAS above them. Some of the gods & goddesses who are fighting below noticed it, but Aspire is not letting them to have any opportunity to figure out what is going on.

“All ships open fire, cover the descent of those AFs.” He ordered his fleet of ships to provide cover fire.

Aspire orders was relayed to the fleet & the OMS fleet begins to fire a volley of shots with their guns in fury to the enemy engaged with the guardians on the ground below them. They fail to see what hit them as those shot strike them with deadly accuracy, dealing terrible damage to their forces.

The attack had caused the forces of the auction house to be prevented from intercepting those unidentified entities from landing on the building itself. Slamming into the auction hall of the auction house, many of the abominations have been killed on the spot by the mechs which had crushed them on impact.

“This is what I call a good rain of mechs!” Lord Applegate proclaimed

“Great Knight, may you have a good hunt!” His mistress emboldens him.

“Aye, I shall be on my way.”

Eight AFs have been deployed from the OAS in close formation, allowing them to pound all the abomination in the auction hall into dust. Seated inside the cockpit of those frame are Celestial Knights from their senior ranks who serves as pilot for these giant frames that are around 25ft. in height.

Vivelka who was teleported away unconscious & naked to a safe place in the auction house when she was afflicted by energy hazard by her archangel, was woken up by the impact of those frames landing on her auction house.

Looking at her surrounding, she realises that her most loyal servant had sent her to one of the rooms used by her servants in the auction house. Realising that her body is weak, bare & exposed, she quickly searches around for something that she could wear as she unable to create a dress of her liking.

Upon dressed prim & proper with a short sexy grey dress, she went to the nearest window to have a look at the conditions outside her auction house. It was a rude awakening for her as she is shocked by the development, where as a large portion of her home has been turned into rubble by those falling objects. Heartbroken tears begin to pour out from her eyes, as everything she worked for today was in ruins.

“My Auction House!” Vivelka shouted hysterically upon witnessing the sight from a section of the building which has escaped destruction.

This is too much for her as she has lost both her business & her home being destroyed in a single day. Wailing & trashing around, she is ambushed in mere moments in the middle of her grieve by the guardians that Aspire had sent to apprehend her, after being tipped off by Cosmos of her location.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

5