Vol.1 Chap. 27 – The Dining Brigade
101 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the rest of Dixon’s gang took their showers at the indoor court shower rooms, Dixon instead took his at Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline’s house. Eager to learn the new dish that Aunt Pauline is going to make with him, he washed himself as quick as possible before going to the kitchen.

“Aunt Pauline, what are we going to cook?”

“Let me find the recipe. For now, can you get the ingredients for Caesar Salad & its sauce?” The elderly lady responded while looking for the recipe.

“Sure”

While Dixon is taking out the ingredients needed for the salad from the refrigerator, Aunt Pauline went searching around for the piece of paper for the recipe that she had written earlier yesterday.

“Aunt Pauline, the ingredients are ready, do you need help finding the recipe?” Dixon informed her.

At the same time when searching around the drawers of a kitchen cabinet, she soon found the item that she is looking for. Written on the piece of paper is the recipe for Fish Wellington, which have been modified a little so that it can be served like Fish & Chips.

“Oh, here it is.” She turned around to face him, showing the recipe written on the piece of paper she is holding.

“Wow… Fish Wellington, that is quite advance.” The young man exclaimed.

“Sure is dear. Can you fillet the barramundi while I get the puff pastry ready?”

“No problem aunt, you can count on me.”

Looking around the kitchen, Dixon found the barramundi fish was placed on the kitchen counter. There are half a dozen of these fishes, freshly brought from the nearby fish farm in Quebec City.

Using a sharp kitchen knife, Dixon begins to clean the fishes after bringing them to the kitchen sink. With a quick motion, each & every one of the fish were properly fillet & portioned with a clean cut precision which rivals the knife work of a seasoned cook in a gourmet restaurant.

At the same time, Aunt Pauline is preparing the ingredients to make the fillings for Fish Wellington. Both of them worked in concert & within minutes, they are done getting the ingredients ready to be cooked. With the fish fillet ready, vegetables chopped & the pan set, they started off by cooking the filling first.

Their act however does not go unnoticed as Uncle Mason soon arrived with the rest of the gang in the middle of their work. The guests arrived in time to witness how proficient they are with their kitchen work.

For the Romanov sisters, this is something new to learn about Dixon, especially Connie, who is amazed with how he worked his craft in the kitchen. It didn’t take long for both cooks to notice that they are being watched by their guests in the kitchen.

“Mason darling, would you have our guests entertained while we prepare dinner.” Aunt Pauline asked her husband.

“No problem dear.”

“Can we help out?” Connie asks the elderly lady.

“Both of you are the Romanov sisters right?” She asks them, trying to recall their names earlier from the time they are at the indoor court.

“Yes, I am Connie & this is my younger sister, Sheila.”

“Do you know how to prepare salads?”

“Yes, we do help to cook at home too.”

“Good, you can find all the ingredients properly arranged by Dixon at the counter.”

“Yes chef.” Both of the sisters replied in unison to her.

“Shelly & Candice, don’t you two ladies dare to sneak away.” Aunt Pauline called to them.

Shelley & Candice were attempting to sneak away, before they could do so, Aunt Pauline caught them by their shoulders. They tried to wriggle out, but her grip is strong despite her age.

“I know both of you ladies want to spend time with your boys, but those who don’t work, won’t get to eat.”

Both of the girls, upon hearing that, decided to give up struggling after knowing resistance is futile. Knowing that they have stopped, Aunt Pauline released her iron grip on them.

“Set the table, dinner will be ready at any moment.”

“Yes Aunt Pauline.” Both girls complied with her orders.

They went to the cabinet which contains all the dining ware of the house in the dining hall. Taking out enough sets of plates, bowls, forks & knives, they begin their assigned tasks as quick as possible. After a while, fun started to kick in as both Shelly & Candice find that it is interesting on the choices they can make when getting the table ready for a meal.

From a distance of the house, there are two identical vehicles parked nearby, where it is the same model of vehicle which is tailing Dixon all the time. There is a minor difference found with these vehicles, indicating that another team from the same organisation have been assigned to replace the current one which is on protection duty for Dixon.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2