Vol.1 Chap. 28 – Possible Rogue Element
87 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The occupants of these vehicles are none other than Exterminator Team & the Grandmaster, who are now on a security stakeout at this neighbourhood. In the first recon cruiser operated by Exterminator team, its occupants are Bug Zapper & Fly Swatter.

In the second recon cruiser, its occupants are Roach Trap, Rat Bait & the Grandmaster where the vehicle itself belongs to the Grandmaster. At the time where Dixon & friends had arrived to the indoor court, Exterminator Team has been following him at a distance where they can ensure that their presence is not noticeable by their VIP.

All members of the stake out team have been prep & ready for any contingencies. They are joined by Wine Yard who will be providing eyes in the sky for them with her drone Storm Pheasant who have been monitoring the young man since morning till now.

After contemplating the incident at the library at lunch time earlier, the Grandmaster has decided that additional assets will be needed to handle the escalating attempts to poach Dixon from his current life in his home world.

Earlier while on the way escorting the young man back home from the library, he had informed Ranch Hall to have his personal recon cruiser to be loaded with additional combat gear which is able to deal with the threat level which is increasing every moment, as long as their campaign is not concluded yet with the syndicate.

Ranch Hall immediately complied with his commander’s orders, preparing the items requested by him & Exterminator Team while waiting for the designated vehicle to be teleported to the teleportation platform in vehicle bay of the safe house he is in.

The order he had is a tall one, but he is in luck as Shepherd just got back from the library just in time to help him to pack things up to be loaded into the recon cruiser. The vehicle is linked to the Grandmaster just like how the Avatar Frames are linked to its pilot.

All this while with Exterminator team, he had been monitoring everything with his psychic abilities. Starting by transferring his personal vehicle to the safe house in Quebec City from the Zero Cross base armoury, he then commandeered the vehicle till it rendezvous with them at Dixon’s house.

From there, they distributed their equipment & reorganised their stations with both vehicles that they will be using for their current duty. The additional weapons & gear requisites made consists of protection gadgets, anti vehicle weapons & advance medical materials have been made in anticipation for the challenges ahead of them.

With their weapons & equipment concealed in its own bags & casing, they are able to reorganise their gear & guns out in the open broad daylight. There are locals who passed them when they are making the transfer. But none of them are curious with the contents that they are dealing with as they show little indicators that will make people to be suspicious to them.

“Calling Omega, Calling Omega, this is Ranch Hall over.”

“Ranch Hall, I read you loud & clear.”

“Sir, I have run the scans on the next area where Little Lamb is heading.”

“Good, what do you have for me?”

“Sky Shrike found that there is a disruptor field covering the whole area.”

“What kind of disruptor field is that?”

“It is a general purpose disruptor field sir, capable of dampening most electrical, magical & spiritual signals. The strange thing is, scans found the tech is similar to ours but older a bit.”

“Thanks, we’ll get to the bottom of this later onsite.”

“Acknowledge, I will continue to observe the area till Little Lamb reach onsite.”

Now onsite with their VIP having fun with his game in the indoor court, Exterminator Team was ordered by the Grandmaster to guard the perimeter while he goes on a recon alone at the surrounding area.

“Sir, are you sure you don’t need any one of us to follow you?” Bug Zapper asked his commander.

“No, stay here for overwatch & perimeter security. I got this covered.” The Grandmaster assured his underling.

“But sir, they could be elements that had gone rogue on us.”

“Your concerns is duly noted team leader, now man your station. That is an order.”

“Yes sir.” Bug Zapper replied with an uneasy tone.

Davey, Adrian & Jimmy are called by Uncle Mason to the backyard, where they are asked to assist to set up something there. Before they start their work there, all of them went to the garage to get the items needed for the event later in the backyard.

“Uncle Mason, what is this?”Jimmy asked the elder of the things that he is taking out from the garage.

“Oh these, they are the stand for the target circles we are going to put out.”

“You mean we are going to have a small shooting game after dinner?”

“Yes & trust me, it is not going to be something noisy.”

Jimmy & the rest of the boys could only grin, not knowing what Uncle Mason had in his mind. Since he told them that it is for sure something that is not noisy, it is definitely no firearms involve with the little fun down the range that they are going to have after dinner.

The dwellers of this house may be enjoying their moments with each other. But outside this humble home, there is a sinister plot going on in the shadows. From a distance, there is a truck on the move towards the house which houses their target.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2