Vol.1 Chap. 29 – Trusting The Unknown
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The darkness of the night came after the sun had set, it is a moonless night, making the whole place as dark as a solar eclipse. Hidden in the shadows are the actors who are in position to play their roles in shaping the events tonight.

There are four vehicles which had taken up positions which they deem advantageous to fulfill their objectives. The first vehicle is a truck which is being used for transportation. While earlier trucks which was being used earlier consists the range of models capable of carrying the load up to two tonnes of goods.

The truck this time comes from the range of models able to carry their load of goods up to five tonnes. The second vehicle is a van which is usually being used for delivery of parcels.

This smaller vehicle was leading the truck like a normal vehicle formation in a convoy. While there are little marking to identify the organisation running the vehicle, it is definitely operated by poachers.

Parked a few houses away from their target, the both vehicles halted & turn off its lights. It looks like there is no more activity from these vehicles, but inside its cargo hold, there is a lot of activity going on in there.

There are a total a twenty of people in both vehicles where, for the moment, their respective drivers sits at their driver seats & observe the surroundings, there rest of them are gearing up for an attack at the house which is a distance from them.

They are armoured from head to toe with their suits & each of them carried a wide array of weapons to reach their objectives, suggesting that they are not some kind of petty thug which is involve in this business.

What did these people didn’t realise is that they are being watched, where every action that they make are being monitored closely by the vehicles opposite them. The third & fourth vehicle, which is the same model, had taken position near the house where their Little Lamb was observed entering earlier.

Operated by the Realm, Passage & Gate Foundation, the team leader of Exterminator Team felt a little unease with the Grandmaster’s decision, as this is the first time they got too near to an unknown element in their operation this time. Through their instruments,

Earlier an hour ago, their commander had gone off to scout the area around the indoor court & the house which Little Lamb will be having their dinner. What irks him is the duration taken & the details of the outcome of the scouting earlier. The work done earlier is not as detailed as this morning & it looked half-hearted to him.

“Sir, I am feeling a little uneasy on the choices you made just now.” Bug Zapper expresses his concern over the matter through their coms, the moment the Grandmaster gave his orders when he was done scouting area immediately..

“I am aware about it & that is not the first time I made it.”

“Could you at least tell me why?”

“Sure, after we are done with this fight.” The Grandmaster told him & marked the location of the threat in the tactical map in both their vehicles along with its estimated time of arrival.

“Shit sir. That is why I am so fucking jealous of people like you. You & your bloody blessed gifts.”

“Calm down Master Superior, as you progress you will earn them like me.”

“Sorry sir, I know, but I don’t a long lifespan like you.”

“How do I wish my lifespan is as short as yours.”

“Why sir?”

“Not now, that would be something we will talk over a drink.”

“I understand sir, if we survive this battle.”

At the present, happy things have been developing in the house of Mason & Pauline De la Croix. Dinner is almost done for the kitchen side with the Fish Wellington out of the oven resting, Chips out of the fryer for the very same reason & Caesar Salad in the bowl.

All these dishes are ready to be served & the aromas coming out from it are making the mouths of people around it to water much to the satisfaction of Dixon & Aunt Pauline.

Everyone is eager to dine, but they held themselves as deep in their hearts, dining alone without the presence of the person you cherish is something sad to experience.

“What took Uncle Mason so long?” Candice queried.

“I don’t know, anyway, I am curious of the surprise he got for me in the garage.” Dixon answered.

“Could it be that is the reason where the rest of the boys are gone with him?”

“I don’t know, but I think we should check it out. All of us should go so that we can see what nonsense they are up to.”

Dixon could volunteer to check them out by himself, but instead he insisted that all of them in a subtle manner. This choice is motivated by the vision that he had earlier in the library.

Added with the setting which getting more similar to his vision by the moment, he is convinced that this is the necessary choice to avoid the tragedy that he had witness in advance.

“Sure, I don’t see any harm for all of us in doing so.” Connie agreed to his call.

“Aunt Pauline, what about you?” He asks her.

“I’m coming with you Dixon, gonna have to check on what made your uncle so engrossed to forget his meal & keeping those boys away.”

Following his suggestion everyone went to the garage to have a look what Uncle Mason got for Dixon. Aunt Pauline was the last to leave the kitchen, before she left the room. She tilts a picture of her & Uncle Mason to reveal a rune where she puts her hand on it.

To the eyes of the unlearned, that rune looks like some random markings to them. But to the user who is familiar with them, every rune has a function & a meaning. By putting her focus on the engraved rune, Aunt Pauline had activated something in the house.

Out of nowhere, an energy pulse erupted. This energy however did not harm everyone within its area of effect. Everyone who caught in its radius did not felt anything when it passes them as such energies are not within the sensory range of normal humans.

There are however, some exceptions among the people who are caught within its pulse radius. Dixon, who did not realise that there are new abilities growing within him felt something, which has passed through him.

He could feel it with every area of his skin & every mass of his body but it does not trigger any reaction from him such as pain nor pleasure. Furthermore he somehow felt a little safer when the energy passes him, as always, he is silent about this matter as he believe that no one would believe him if he tells them.

The other one who felt the same thing is the Grandmaster, who was sitting & meditating in his recon cruiser. Understand that it is the cue by the person who had activated an energy field for defence purpose as a signal to attack their enemies he rouses up Exterminator Team into action.

“Exterminator Team! Time to Exterminate some Poachers!” He called them into battle.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2