Vol.1 Chap. 30 – A Crashed Celebration
88 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dixon walked towards the garage of the house, followed by the ladies who had prepared dinner for Uncle Mason & the rest young men who are making some preparations for an after dinner event.

“Welcome to the range.” A voice welcomed Dixon as he enters the garage of the house.

Dixon was astonished with the greeting along with some confusion, for he is unsure what is going on in the garage. But looking at the door to the backyard which is open in the garage & giving a thought on why such greeting was made, he realised that it will be “Range Time” later after dinner.

“Uncle Mason, are we going to have Range Time later after dinner?”

“Bingo young man.”

The Romanov sisters look at the unfolding events with great interest, as the sisters had never joined them any of these activities. Most of the time, they would spend a lot of their time with literature & arts while exercise would be limited to a simple jog in the part nearby.

They took up badminton recently after being told by Davey upon enquiring what kind of sport which Dixon is interested with. This is something which is expected of them upon moment they started showing interest to him & Davey.

“Before we start, here is something for you.” Uncle Mason handed Dixon a long rectangle box to him.

Opening the box, everyone was surprised with the contents of the box except the two people in the garage. To the elderly couple, Mason & Pauline De la Croix, Dixon can be seen like another son to them, as some parts of his character reminded them of their lost son who had died in the past.

In the house of the De La Croix, things just got merrier as Dixon took out the contents of the box, which contained a compound longbow & a compound crossbow along with its respective ammunition.

“Uncle Mason, Aunt Pauline, thank you.” The young man expressed his gratitude & hugged them both.

“Small matter lad, I know you always liked anything related to marksmanship since you are little.” Uncle Mason replied.

“Dixon dear, seeing you happy is something priceless to us.” Aunt Pauline added.

Suddenly a loud crash can be heard in the house which is artisan house, suggesting that something had hit that room with a terrifying force causing the house to be shaken a bit. Thankfully however, no one was caught in that death zone which is spells the end of someone’s existence.

It is thanks to Dixon’s vision that everyone has escaped a sudden death event. Had he choose to stay at the dining room till everyone had their meal at the table, it will be their last dinner on earth.

A truck was found to have crashed into the dining hall of the house & judging from the angle of approach, it is done intentionally. The truck driver was shocked to find that there are no one in the dining room as he initially seen as he was on approach has been deceived by the decoy placed in the kitchen.

The decoy was deployed in the dining room the moment they left the kitchen earlier by Aunt Pauline. While everyone was heading to the garage, the illusion generated had shown to their assailants that they went to the dining room of the house, manipulating their decision making to attack at the position of their choosing.

With the element of surprise lost by this miscalculation on their side, the men in the back of the truck all burst out into action to surround the house of their target. They intend to make sure that their target will not escape using all exits from the house.

The girls are terrified with the loud sound, sensing danger of some sort coming for them. Shelly & Candice both have Adrian & Jimmy to comfort them while Sheila & Connie huddle with each other in reaction to what they heard coming from outside the house.

Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline was unnaturally calm, with the expression that they have been expecting this all along while Dixon & Davey looked at each other, pondering what to do before going out to check it. They are stopped by the De La Croix couple, who shook their head telling them not to go.

Standing & facing each other, the elderly couple put their hands against each other with their palms in contact. Closing their eyes & paying attention to the energies around them, they begin to channel it for their spell they had in mind causing a magic circle to form around the elderly couple.

Suddenly, a burst of light came from their hands, blinding the young adults around them. In a short time, the eyesight of the people around them came back to normal. The first thing that they find to their surprise is both Uncle Mason & Aunt Pauline, have become younger in their appearance by 20 years.

The second would be their attire, which is casual with respect to their age had changed into suits that are designed for combat. By appearance, it is a type of light plated armour which emphasis on fluid movement for combats against the enemy.

Nodding at each other, a section of the suit around the neck of the couple begins to open, revealing a foldable helmet which is beginning to cover their heads with protection plating & combat sensors which will augment their perception of the environment to survive in combat.

“I’ll hold them off.” Uncle Mason told his wife.

“Take care darling. I will look after the kids.” His wife replied.

“Dimensional Armoury! Open!” Uncle Mason called with an invoking tone.

A door appeared suddenly out of thin air & open to reveal a long rack of weapons & gadgets which are being used for war. Both husband & wife immediately armed themselves with the choice of equipment that they deem suitable for the situation that they are dealing with.

“Uncle Mason, what is going on here?” Dixon asks in confusion.

“We are under attack lad.”

“What? Why?”

“No time for explanation. Go with your Aunt Pauline, she will keep everyone safe.”

“But I don’t want to leave you.” Dixon protested.

“No buts, this is an order.”

“Okay… Will you join us later?”

”I will, don’t you worry. After this, how about I teach you how to use one of this okay?” He assured the young man & making a gesture that he will teach Dixon how to fire the rifle that he is using.

Taking his weapon & aiming it at the door where Dixon & the rest of the came in earlier, Uncle Mason signals his wife to take their kids away from the confirmed combat zone, which is their house.

From the place that Uncle Mason took out the targeting circle & its stands, a secret door have been open. It is an entrance to a tunnel which Aunt Pauline urged them to quickly enter for their safety. One by one of the young adults begin to move into the tunnel while she guarded their safety at the entrance.

Sudden, there is a transmission being made. The person who made it no other than Uncle Mason himself & it can be heard from Aunt Pauline’s communicator by Dixon who is standing beside her.

“Gate Guarded. Passage Protects. Realms Respected.”

Like a chant before a battle begins, it was relayed around the area. The lad who is unaccustomed with the practise could feel an eerie silence as he goes into the tunnel at his aunt’s urging. The last thing he knows before leaving with his friends is gunfire being heard in the building of the house.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2