Vol.1 Chap. 43 – Soulful Suffering
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mason & Pauline continue to observe Dixon’s condition & at the same time kept their focus on containing & regulating his powers which is going rampant in him. Slowly, Dixon started to regain back his consciousness much to the couple relieve.

Dixon sees Pauline standing in front of him with her light glowing out from the palms of her hands & he could feel something flowing from the person touching his shoulders. The familiar sensation of the touch made him realise the identity of the person doing it, who is Mason, her husband.

“Uncle Mason, what is happening to me?” He spoke slowly with a soft voice.

“Son, there is no time to explain, just listen to my instructions.”

Dixon wanted to ask more in detail, but finds he couldn’t as the pain he had before passing out come surging back at him again the moment he regains back his awareness of the area him. The only thing he can do is to nod lightly to show that he understand what Mason said to him.

“Dixon, your powers are running out of control, can you feel something heavy moving around in your body?”

Again, Dixon nods his head & at the same time, a transparent sphere appeared in front of him & Pauline. She looked at her husband, sister & brother in law. All of them nodded at each other, signalling their preparation is complete.

“See that sphere in front, lift your hands & focus at the thing you feel inside of you & imagine pushing it into the sphere.”

Dixon did not understand anything that is happening now on him. But followed Mason’s instruction to the letter where it causes the sphere starting to change its state from a transparent object to be translucent in purple colour.

“Easy boy, take it slowly. Imagine you are pushing a cart full of your favourite things to a new room.”

The pain is so intense that it made every step of the process is so unbearable for Dixon. From lifting his hand that pushing that sensation inside him, it felt like a tonne of bricks being transported to a place without using any neither any tools nor machines at all for the work.

“You are doing good Dixon, do not lose focus till the pain is gone, When pain is replaced with a soothing sensation to your body, it is safe to stop.”

As Dixon complies with what is being instructed to him, the pain in his body started to lessen its intensity bit by bit, suggesting that there is a positive progress with his effort over the dangers that he is facing now.

Outside the meeting room, Exterminator Team had formed a cordon to prevent the young adults from getting close to the dangers which energy rampage pose to them. Shepherd Team soon arrived within the short moments after being summoned by Larson. They joined their fellow brothers in arms in securing the danger site much to the wonder of the young adults there.

The colour purple in the sphere in front of Dixon soon become solid purple from light purple. Larson & Queenie look at the situation with a feeling of relief on the outcome but it is short lived as the sphere which is initially at a size of baseball started to expand much to their surprise.

“Queenie, I split, you store.” Larson called for her assistance.

“Got it.”

“Mason, are you ready?”

“All set.”

“On my mark. Now!”

The moment the purple sphere reaches the size of a basketball, the De la Croix brothers divided it, making it into two spheres at the size of a baseball. While Mason work to maintain the sphere used as a sink to store Dixon’s power, Larson transfers it to Queenie to be sealed so that the collected energy will be rendered safe to be stored for future use.

They repeated the process each time the sphere used to store the powers overflowing from Dixon grows to the size they deemed for it to be too dangerous for everyone around them. That whole ordeal ended with a total of five purple spheres produced from the treatment they administered to Dixon.

Exhausted from channelling his rampaging energies, Dixon falls back to his unconscious state again much to the concern of his friends. The rest of the people in the indoor court however are rather calm as through their experiences, they are certain that the crisis have been averted already.

“Gwynne, open the door to the shelter.” Mason commanded her.

The AI said nothing, but complied with his orders. The door opens & both Fox Hound & Dire Wolf enters the structure to bring out the prisoner they had captured earlier in the fight. Under the guard of Snow Owl & Black Bear, they took out the unconscious woman who has been bound & rendered incapacitated by Mason & Pauline.

“What a beauty.” Fly Swatter remarked, seeing her unmasked face.

“All I see is a bitch whoring for dirty money for her pimp.” Queenie rebuked him with a stern tone.

The warrior went silent immediately, knowing how much she despise those who are so deep involve with such syndicate from the bottom of her heart. They brought her to join up with everyone standing around her.

“Uncle Mason, what are we doing now?”

Davey asked the elder, who is carrying Dixon, who had passed out due to the energy rampage he had earlier. He only smiled, showing to the young adult that he is not worried at all to the destination that they will be heading.

Suddenly, a burst of light happens in front of them. The scene ends to reveal some food carts have been sent from the Celestial Sanctuary, causing Queenie to feel embarrassed to the people around her.

“Oh shit…” Queenie muttered.

They soon realised that with all the commotion earlier, they forget to inform the ship’s crew on the change of their plans so that they could inform the kitchen crew to keep the food warm until they arrived at the ship mess hall.

Giving a smile of embarrassment, Queenie push those carts to Shepherd Team who will be guarding the area while they are away. It is a sign of gesture for the unforeseen troubles that got them scramble here.

“Is everyone ready?” She asked everyone who will be leaving with her.

“One moment.” Pauline stopped her sister.

She vanished for a moment & reappeared immediately, holding a piece of crystal card with her left hand. The young adults are curious, but stayed silent as something is going to happen again now.

“We can move now.”

Pauline told her sister upon reappearing with the item which she forgets to bring along. Nodding her head, Queenie made a cross out gesture with her hand, causing a magic circle to appear around everyone around her, except for members of Shepherd Team who are standing a distance away from them.

A burst of light happens engulfs them, blinding their sights with its brightness which is unbearable for their eyes to see. They are greeted to a sight which made those young adults awe & motionless, as the things they are seeing now are way beyond what they could imagined based on what Mason told them earlier in the indoor court meeting room earlier.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2