Vol.1 Chap. 44 – The Hunter & The Hunted
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In another location in Quebec, things are getting busy for the syndicate which is being targeted by the Realm, Passage & Gate Foundation. Ranch Hall, who is the handler of Sky Shrike have been observing them for the past few hours, where the location is confirmed to be the base of operations for the syndicate in this region.

Two nights ago, Exterminator Team had made a hit at their chop shop, which is an illegal workshop. This incident had caused the syndicate leader, known as Hell’s Torch perceived as act of war against him.

With many of his chop shops getting hit at the same time, he had ordered preparations for counter attack to be made to teach their unknown enemy that they are a force that should not be trifled with.

The base serves as a rally point for the whole gang in the region, which is well supplied & fortified as a safe haven for their gang members who are seeking refuge from any threats.

“Are all our boys here?” Hell’s Torch asks one of his enforcers.

“Yes boss. Most of our boys are here, they only need your leadership to lead them to win boss.” His enforcer buttered his ears.

Looking at the preparation that are ongoing in the armoury of the gang stronghold, Hell’s Torch went to the warehouse housing all the vehicles used by his syndicate. Looking at the military grade vehicles that he got from his contacts, the big boss of the syndicate smiled, thinking of the amount of shock & awe the he will inflict on his enemies.

“Those scrubs will never know what hit them.”

These are the words that are massaging his egotistical imagination in his mind now. The enforcers are busy checking all their equipment, making sure that it will not fail them in the heat of the combat.

They are concern with the level of threat that their now known enemy poses at them, they are able to wipe out an operation centre of theirs within hours upon first contact. Those who are at higher levels of the syndicate leadership are worried that they could be biting more than they can chew, as they care not really clear with the nature of their enemy.

But their big boss could not give an ounce of care to their concern. For him, his lost prestige must be regained. Furthermore, his employer will have his soul if he fails to resolve the matter as soon as possible. Those enforcers could not understand why their big boss is behaving that way, as the identity of their actual employer was not revealed to them.

All they know from the mouth of their big boss is this fucked up an order from a big customer & there will be dire consequences if the contract is not fulfilled in time to the customer. That is why the mass counter attack is being organised, as their big boss plan to catch & sell those scumbags which burn a hole in their syndicate for a big bounty to recover all their losses with some profits.

“Hail big boss.” A voice greeted Hell’s Torch.

He turned towards the voice to find out who is the one who interrupted his victory fantasies, only to find the one who greeted him to be someone covered in vehicle grease. It is the foreman of his stronghold, who is grinning with excitement which shows his eagerness to show his boss the results of the task assigned to him.

“What da ya want grease monkey?”

“Your truck boss, I got it all fixed & rigged as you wanted.”

“Good, back to your work. Make sure you are around when I have a look at it.”

“Yes boss, as you wish.”

Hell’s Torch then walked along a narrow corridor leading to a flight a stairs, where from there he went to the upper levels of his stronghold, which is also his mansion. After walking for another few more moments, he reaches a room equipped with many broadcasting equipment manned by several men & women.

“Big boss.” One of the ladies greeted him.

“Is everything set?” He asks her.

“All hot & ready, what it needs now is your voice to move us.”

Hell’s Torch smiled, satisfied with the preparation of his broadcasting crew. Within the hour, the big boss of the syndicate will be addressing all his men for the upcoming battle ahead, where he is planning to catch their discovered enemy, which is another syndicate who is rivalling them.

He goes to his bedroom to get a change of clothes for the great address. Selecting the suit of his choice, he puts it on his bed & goes for a quick shower. Within minutes, he comes out from the bathroom & dresses up in the suit of his choosing.

Going back to the room earlier, he is greeted by his makeup artist crew. Taking his seat on the chair for makeup, the makeup crew immediately start their work to make their boss to be as grand as possible.

At the same time on Earth, the frontier world which a chapter of the Realm, Passage & Gate Foundation is stationed, those who are involved in information exchange have teamed up with their brothers & sisters from logistic works.

With great effort, they had set up several decoys within striking distance from every stronghold that the syndicate has throughout the world. These fake targets serve only to lure them gather at a location of the choosing of the mission planners of the foundation’s local chapter where their rallying point will be a death trap for all members of the syndicate.

Outside the compound of the base commanded by Hell’s Torch, Shepherd Team had arrived in advance in their transport vehicle at the first designated check point which Ranch Hall has selected for them.

“Fox Hound of Shepherd Team calling Ranch Hall, checking from point alpha.”

“Copy that Fox Hound, verifying your position with Sky Shrike.”

“The commander has authorised support strike. Is your bird loaded?”

“All thanks to Black Bear. Hope he didn’t put something that is overkill.”

“I swear to our Supreme Masters that I will not do such a thing.” Black Bear assured him.

“I trust you to don’t get into the kill zone of the stuff you fix to my bird.”

“Hey Ranch Hall, sound like you are predicting that there will be roast bear for supper.” Another voice joined the chatter, it is Snow Owl.

“That is mean of you owl, this old bear ain’t gonna get hit that easy.”

“Ha ha ha, you can count us to watch your back bear.” Dire Wolf chuckled.

“Alright boys, we are going to action within the hour, check your gear.”

“Right on boss.” Black Bear replied to his team leader.

The vehicle used by Shepherd Team this time is a container truck which is attached with a 45' Hi-Cube Steel Dry Cargo Container in its tow. The size of this container is the largest size so far used in Earth, which is the frontier world that they are operating in for their current assignment.

Driving the truck in Dire Wolf, the ranger of the team who is accompanied by Fox Hound, their team striker & leader, at the same time, Snow Owl, who is the sniper & Black Bear, the team engineer are in the container trailer.

Both of them are busy making final check on their mechs that they will be using for the battle for tonight. The decision to switch to these heavy weapons came in late after the battle fought by the Grandmaster & the Exterminator Team with an unknown team of poachers yesterday night.

It came while they are guarding the combat zone which had ceased combat before their commander departed to the Celestial Sanctuary, an Orbital Assault Ship which is currently sailing through the celestial realms of Earth.

Little is mentioned of the ship’s mission to them, but as experienced guardians of the foundation, they could guess that there will be a council with the various local gods & goddesses of Earth from the religions from the frontier world that they are deployed in at the moment.

Inside the container, all members of Shepherd Team are gearing up for the final raid against the syndicate led of Hell’s Torch. The incident yesterday night has revealed to them that Little Lamb has many unknown potentials which is beneficial for the foundation.

Taking an emergency call while making the required preparations does take a minor toll on their preparations, as everyone in the chapter are required to be prepared for the eventuality of another syndicate which might pop out of nowhere to join them in their hunt as a neutral hostile.

Through advance surveillance technologies, Ranch Hall is able to hear the conversation of their big boss who is in charge of their whole full scale counter attack which will be commencing soon. He smiled slyly as the opposite will be happening where tonight, it will be Shepherd Team will be turning their base into a slaughter house from hell.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2