Vol.1 Chap. 47 – Black Bear’s Big Blast
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Snow Owl, the team sniper had remained airborne to provide cover fire while Fox Hound, Dire Wolf & Black Bear enters the buildings which made up the enemy stronghold. They are made of three buildings, which is the vehicle garage, a storehouse & a mansion.

Upon his teammates’ approach to their designated buildings, his task changed to provide over watch & guarding the gate of the compound of the enemy stronghold where the gate will serve as their rally point to withdraw after their from area upon completing their mission. Also, he will be preventing additional reinforcement which made of enemies who might be coming late to join their main force.

With his special skills as a combat engineer, Black Bear has been tasked to demolish all available vehicles that are stored in the garage. Using the anti gravity glider of his Battle Frame (BF), he moves with great speed towards his objective.

Gunfire rained upon him by the defenders there, who are attempting to prevent him from fulfilling his objectives. However, much to their surprise, most of their shots failed to hit their intended target as they did not expect their enemy who is wearing something bulky & cumbersome by their impression.

Black Bear is the first one to reach the location of his mission objective as it is the nearest building from the breach point. Entering the building by smashing himself into the brick wall of vehicle garage, he makes a hole which is 9ft. tall & 3ft. wide.

The impact on collapsing bricks from the wall causes those manufactured stones to fly at deadly speed, killing a male member of the enemy forces who is running towards the garage entrance to engage the enemy, which have been reported heading towards their position at high speeds.

“Oh what do we have here? A lucky kill.” He chuckled, seeing the poor soul who got caught in the way of an artificial rock blast.

After a short rejoice with the insignificant fortune he got for himself, Black Bear continues his engagement with his enemies, at the same time planting explosive using a device attached to the left hand of his Battle Frame, which is a some sort of a mechanised mini disk dispenser at first glance.

This made the process of placing those demolitions device like a walk in the park, as the automation made it the process to be simple, reducing a time needed to place a piece of explosive. It also reduces the risk of being attacked while work in progress, allowing Black Bear to pay more attention to combat the treats that will disrupt his work, eliminating the chances for a mission failure.

“Damn, I love my job!” He cheered himself in excitement.

Picking off every underling of the syndicate who comes after him one by one, Black Bear walked & inspect every vehicle like a vehicle workshop foreman before giving his stamp of approval which is a piece of the explosive device for his mission. A few more shots hit the back part of his mech, but none scored any hits as the energy shield had prevented those bullets from hitting it.

“Hey boys & girls. Nice cars!”

Black Bear gave his praise immediately upon turning to face another group of people who fired at him with their guns. All of them gave him a puzzled look as he give them a thumbs up with his right hand that has a machinegun mounted at his wrist.

That short lapse in response from them is fatal, as Black Bear fired the gun in a sweeping arch from his right to left. Like criminals standing for an execution, all of them fell down at where they stand with life seeping away from their bodies.

“By the pantheon, is that how dumb they can get?”

Black Bear remarked at the group of his defeated enemies who are the last remaining resistance who are guarding their vehicle before hovering away from the vehicle garage, which is full of explosive to reach a safe distance from the blast radius of his demolition work.

“Looking at how you play your lame jokes with them, I say yes.” Snow Owl replied at his remark.

“Fire in the Hole! Fire in the Hole! Fire in the Hole!”

Black Bear broadcasted his warning to his whole team, telling them of the fireworks that will be erupting any moment. Snow Owl, who is very familiar with his antics, realises what kind of a menace he had laid up in the vehicle garage.

“Snow Owl to Shepherd Team, Black Bear just made a big dump in the garage.” He warns his team.

Without a second thought, he braced himself for the coming shockwave from the blast by activating a system in his mech to counter it with his thoughts the moment he received warnings from his mech flight systems of a strong turbulence coming at him from below.

The screen immediately displayed ‘Surf Mode Activated’ in response to his command & almost immediately, at the same moment a big mushroom shaped explosion erupted from the vehicle garage. The wave sent those who linger too close to the garage are sent flying to their deaths while others who are outside the kill zone to lose their footing.

“Fuck you Bear. That is way too flashy!”

“Glad you like it Owl. Ha ha ha!”

“Bear, this is not a safe method to give Wolf & me a movement boost.” Their team leader reprimanded him.

“Ops.”

“Don’t make that fuck face, you nearly drain off all our shields.” Dire Wolf scolded, trying to salt him more.

Their conversation are interrupted with a beeping sound ringing in Snow Owl’s mech, where the radar displays shows him that there are several dots approaching to their position. Using the advance sensors in the mech, Snow Owl is able to see what the new threats that are approaching them are.

“Ranch Hall to Black Bear, proceed to eliminate all remaining enemies in the area if you have time to play.” The team combat coordinator instructed him.

“Roger that.” Black Bear replied & goes on with the general work of the operation, which is terminate all enemies with extreme prejudice.

From the optics of the BF, he could see what the incoming enemies are made of, where it consists of three SUVs which is on approach. With the assistance of the long range targeting system, he fired at each of the vehicle with the rockets he had equipped to his mech.

Guided by the weapons system which had locked on those SUVs, they hit home to their targets with them caught unaware, knocking those vehicle off from the road. One of them exploded into a fireball, as the heat of the fires made the fuel into a volatile explosive substance.

Monitoring the outcome of his attacks, Snow Owl spotted the survivors of his rocket attack crawling out from their vehicles that are still burning. Some of them can be seen rolling on the ground, desperately to put off the fires that are burning them to death. The whole convoy is in state of panic as they did not expect an ambush as they could see that their stronghold is under attack.

The able bodied survivors took cover, anticipating their ambushers are approaching their positions for the kill. Some of them tried to help those who are wounded & burning but no avail as the lack the equipment to aid their fellow gang members.

Due to the moonless night, it is hard to see anything in the dark without the aid of augmented vision, which is the challenge that enforcers of the syndicate faced. In a normal combat setting their decision is a right one, but with their enemy position which is high up in the air, they are just sitting ducks.

Playing the flying sniper, Snow Owl took aim with his sniper rifle & fired his weapon in rapid succession, taking all his targets without them realising what is happening. With the assistance of the BF’s dampening systems, it made the recoil from firing the high calibre weapons to be nullified, preventing him from losing his accuracy when making a rapid fire with such a powerful weapon.

Aided by the target markers of his weapons system, he made a crack shot action that kills every marked target that is exposed on the open grounds below him. The results of Snow Owl’s attack is devastating, as it had denied those men & women who had hoped to reinforce their fellow syndicate gang members in the stronghold by granting them death from the skies as an answer to them.

“Good kill Owl.” Ranch Hall commended his shooting skills.

“Ranch, you are talking to the sniper of the century.”

“What about me? I’m the engineer of the century ya know.” Black Bear jumped in into their conversation.

“Thanks to your stunt Bear, you award will be delayed for another century.” Ranch Hall replied, inviting a burst of laughter from everyone in the mission.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2