Vol.1 Chap. 48 – Dire Wolf’s Depot Wrecking
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Honed with many centuries of experience in the art of sabotage, Dire Wolf has the assignment to destroy all the supplies which their enemy had accumulated till to date. Using the same propulsion system used by Black Bear, he reaches his target zone in a short time encountering similar resistance by the enemies guarding their storehouse.

Charging to his objective & firing his weapons at the same time, he felled several defenders guarding the entrance of the storehouse with headshots despite moving at high speeds, which is a condition that makes precision shooting to be not feasible.

Kicking the backdoor of the storehouse open, Dire Wolf tossed a grenade into the building, creating a loud bang & a bright flash which incapacitated several defenders of the storehouse. When he is about to storm in, an alarm is triggered, where the Battle Frame threat detection system has detected a rocket has been fired at the door that he will be going through to face them.

He leaped away from his current position, avoiding damages from an explosion that will drain away the shields of his mech. The enemy rocket hits the position which they perceived he is, but it did not score a hit as Dire Wolf had evaded the rocket attack with the early threat warning by his Battle Frame defence system.

“Wow. That was close.”

“Too close if you ask me Wolf.” Snow Owl gave his comments.

Dire Wolf thought about the close encounter he had with the rocket attack while looking at the burning section of the store house. Little did he expect that another follow up explosion send a shockwave at him, which the mech defence system automatically deployed its energy shields to protect him from any damages that may happen when the blast hit him.

“Shit! The shields!”

He cursed while observing the gauge of the energy shields getting drained due to the concentrated amount of shrapnel which hit him due to his position which is still in the kill zone of the blast. Dire Wolf’s Battle Frame received some damage, but it is cosmetic as much of the remaining shrapnel that hit him has already lost its power caused by the intervention of the energy shields.

“Yeah, yeah, it is my fault.” Black Bear answers with a whining tone, taking up responsibility over his mess at the garage.

The dust from blast settles to show that half of the storehouse has been demolished the defenders counter attack. Apparently the rocket fired by them had hit a pile of explosives which is piled near the backdoor of the storehouse, resulting a deadly chain reaction which took out most of them who are stationed in the storehouse.

“Wolf. You alright?” Snow Owl checked his brother in arms from the skies.

“I’m good Owl, looks like some jokers think it is great to light the fireworks while their friends are still in the house.”

“Good for you, my scans show that half of the storehouse is gone.”

“Copy that. Cover me while I clean what is left of them.”

“You got it brother.”

“It’s not my fault this time.” Black Bear defended himself.

“Yeah, don’t sweat it you chubby cub.” Dire Wolf assured him in a cynical tone.

“Wolf, get ready.” Snow Owl called his teammate to be prepared to move.

The team sniper then fired his precision weapons which he holds with his right hand. Guided by the advance target finder system he had in his mech. He fired several shot taking out several defenders who are laying suppressing fire at Dire Wolf. Without warning, he rained death from above to them, clearing a way for his teammate to approach his target with minimal resistance.

Reaching to a section of the storehouse which is still intact, Dire Wolf makes a quick scan to the contents that are still free from the blaze that is now engulfing the building. The explosion had broke some of the walls of the storehouse, removing the obstacles that is blocking his view, making it easier for him to scan their contents without the needing to use an even more powerful scanner.

Instructing the weapons system of the mech, the shoulder mounted grenade launcher on his left shoulder begins to move to take aim at the targeted items to be destroyed in the storehouse. The weapon fired, sending several small canisters which detonated with devastating effect despite its size.

“Dire Wolf. Target destroyed.”

“Ranch Hall, destruction confirmed. I’ll buy you a sandwich for supper back in the house.”

“Good job Wolf.” His team leader commended his success. “Ranch, is there any chance I can get one after the mission?”

“No problem Fox, there is always extra for the hungry brothers out there.” The combat coordinator replied.

“Nice, supper for everyone, Ranch, your special sandwich sauce is the best.” Snow Owl rejoices that they will be having something good after the mission.

“Gee, thanks Owl, make sure you boys pick up those ingredients for the sauce after the mission.”

“What?! You mean there is no special sauce at the moment. Not good.” Black Bear complained.

“Sauce or no sauce. That is your call Shepherd Team.”

“You heard the man, Shepherd Team our next mission will be a procurement mission.” Fox Hound announced his decision to the team.

“Thanks, will whip you boys the best sauce in all the realms.” Their combat coordinator thanked them.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2