Vol.1 Chap. 49 – Fox Hound’s Ferocious Hunt
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As team leader, Fox Hound took the job to attack the enemy main force which had holed up in the mansion which is the furthest away from their breach point. His mission is the capture or the elimination of the syndicate leader who is leading the business in trafficking poached souls to another realm.

Charging towards the heavy double doors which are the main entrance of the building, he clenched both of his hands, causing the hands of his mech to follow suit. Giving orders to his mech through the mind impulse unit present, the machine responded by deploying its energy fields around his fists.

With deadly speed, Fox Hound landed his punches at the doors with the empowered fists of his Battle Frame with deadly results. The hardwood doors shattered upon impact, causing it to burst into many pieces of splinters which is empowered by the momentum of his strike, launching all of them into all direction.

This outcome is a phenomenon similar to a cannon ball scoring a hit to the hull of a wooden ship. Those who are caught in the splinter blast effect are heavily injured as they do not expect this kind of attack to come from their enemy as many of them are expecting a gunfight when engaging with the enemy.

Breaching into the building, his BF computer displayed ‘Breach Mode Activated’, informing Fox Hound that his combat motion has been heighten for a short duration after breaching into the syndicate’s mansion to take out the remaining enemies that are still retaliate against his breaching attack earlier.

Aided by the sensors in the BF, Fox Hound returned fire with the guns mounted on the wrists of both of his hands, laying a sweeping burst of gunfire at the remaining defenders guarding the guest reception room of the mansion.

Stopping to check his surroundings, Fox Hound made sure that he cleared all threats that are present in the room he is in, which is the main atrium of the mansion. While he performing his combat routine, more of those underlings begin to pour in from other parts of the mansion.

Fox Hound jumps at them with a Close Quarters Battle (CQB) much to their horror. His enemies did not anticipate someone wearing something that looks heavy & bulky to rush at them at high speeds. Terror overcomes them, making them to freeze on their tracks giving him an easy kill.

With his enemies failing to take cover from his advances, Fox Hound crashed into three of them who are standing in between the way of his movement, making carnage for the rest of them to see. Those unfortunate underlings are sent flying by the collision with him, with the force a train hitting them at full force.

Death is swift & painless for all of them, as they are killed instantly upon impact. All three of them are sent flying to the end of the corridor that they come from, where their dead bodies are found mangled & dismembered beyond recognition by the comrades.

The rest of his enemies responded with the feeling of vengeance, where they emptied everything they had in their weapons at him. Their emotional response in returned however, are replied by the man thought to be in a costume, who is now being recognised as a man encased in a monster, going on rampage on them.

The CQB happen in a blitz, as many of the enemies Fox Hound encountered stood their ground against them in a frenzy, firing their weapons at him as they think that with sufficient firepower, they could score a kill on him.

The leader of Shepherd Team can’t be bothered, as with such weapons that have low attack power will not be able to do much harm to the mech he is piloting. With additional protection by the energy shields which have recovered from the fireworks that Black Bear made earlier. It is now screening his enemy attacks effectively, allowing him to shrug them off like a bear feasting honey off a beehive.

Assisted by the thrusters of his BF, Fox Hound manoeuvred with a deadly grace, delivering death to those who oppose him. Delivering deadly punches & kicks while clad in his mech, he sent many of them flying to their deaths.

The amount of force he uses is an overkill as he did not bother to control the power generated by the actions of his piloting, causing some of them are turned into either a bloody pulp or a bag of mangled bones after being sent flying away like ragdolls.

With deaths happening in the wide spaces of the mansion, his enemies decided to retreat to narrower space instead. The change in their engagement with Fox Hound is motivated by the need to deny the advantages that Fox Hound had when engaging with them in wide spaces.

They decision is right as when Fox Hound hounded them to the narrow corridors of the mansion, they are able to land most of their shots on him, as the confined space does not allow him the much needed movement to get to them.

But that tactic has its drawbacks as they had to pile up at a certain position that will allow them to put their pressure on him with a high fire rate from their weapons combined as they had noticed the energy shield which is protecting his Battle Frame. With limited knowledge & experience to deal with it, all they know is to shoot it as much as possible till it breaks to their favour.

To a seasoned warrior, everything in the battlefield works in their favour as long as they are prepared with a clear & composed mind. Playing bait & switch with the defenders of the mansion, Fox Hound had deceived them into to where he wanted them to be as he fights with them.

Now that he had successfully coaxed his enemies to where he wanted them to be, he deemed that the conditions are right for him to make the maximum kill to take them all out in a go. Identifying the directions where the gun fire comes from, he throws several marble like objects to the mansion defenders much to their curiosity.

One of them, who is a woman dressed in a rugged outfit picks it up to examine the object. It is a red colour medium sized marble just like the one made on Earth for decorations & games with a twist, where it is a type of grenade meant to fool people into thinking that it is a harmless object.

Before she could even react to the object that she is seeing in her hand, it suddenly exploded right at her face with a tremendous force, disintegrating her first before taking out the rest of her associates who are holding up with her in the room they used as a staging ground against Fox Hound.

“Blast Seed, gets the job done always.”

Fox Hound smiled as he reminiscent on his past experience on using that deceptive weapon which always solves his problems for fights in tight quarters. With all hostile positions neutralised, he goes to check on their conditions to make sure that there are no stragglers who had managed to get away from the explosion of the Blast Seeds he used on them.

“Hey boss, looks like you made some good renovations to the mansion,”

“Owl, you know that home improvement is my lifelong passion.”

“How about giving me a hand in renovating my great grandson’s room?”

“No problem, when is your granddaughter is expected to give birth?”

“Holy smokes Owl, congratulations.” Dire Wolf joined their chatter

“Damn you Owl, how long do you intend to keep this good news from us?” Black Bear whined jokingly.

“Thanks Wolf & screw you Bear, go make some arrangements with your family if you want some descendants.”

“No hard feeling Owl, I will do it later.” Black Bear took Snow Owl jeers in a cheeky manner.

“Anyway, the baby will be here in another two months.”

“It will be just in time old friend. Let me see what I can do after this mission.” Fox Hound gives his approval.

Their conversation is interrupted with a beeping sound, where the scanning systems of Snow Owl’s sensor have finally located the head of the soul trafficking syndicate. He takes a look at the combat display in his cockpit & as he reads the details that are being displayed. A slight smirk comes from him in response to be results shown.

“Hey Boss, I’ve located the syndicate’s big boss, sending his location to you now.” Snow Owl informed his findings to his team leader after much searching by observing & analysing the enemy movements & communications.

“Copy that Owl, Fox Hound heading to hound the fox.”

“Transmission received, Black Bear moving for the catch.”

“Target confirmed, Dire Wolf to reinforce the pack.”

“Ranch Hall, mission update confirmed. Good hunting boys.”

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2