Vol.1 Chap. 50 – Big Boss Baloney
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hell’s Torch lies in a room on a well furnished chair, after running from something dreadful which is going after his life. He moves around causing someone sounds to be produced, suggesting that it is a comfortable chair which can make anyone who is tired to be able to fall asleep comfortably.

The motion sensors in his room had registered the movement that he made earlier as he enters the room, causing the lights to be lit bit by bit till every detail of the room to be revealed to his eye, which is his panic room that he had prepared in advance.

Reflecting everything which has transpired recently, he knew that making the choice to retreat to his panic room is the right one. Deep in his heart, he knows that it is a cowardly move to make as he had left many of his underlings to die for nothing at the hand of those well trained & well armed opponents to be handled by them.

Earlier a few moments he saw the aggressive attacks made by those who had breached his stronghold. He realises that those are his enemies, who he had perceived to be from an unknown rival syndicate that they seek to destroy tonight are actually the ones who are from his past in the former syndicate he used to work.

Hell’s Torch thought he had survived the disaster which beset on his former syndicate. He believe those turns of events had allowed him to have an opportunity to claim the legacy of that old syndicate, where he is a nobody who often get trampled by those who are at the peak of their power.

The poor man had recognised those machines which had raided his turf, where while he was still a thug making deliveries for their unknown customers in his youth, he had a close encounter with them, where they had hunted him & destroyed the vehicle he was using to make a living out at the full expense of someone.

Those memories had haunted him, as before he is able to get away from them, they have pursued him with a relentless manner. Thought their appearance have already changed to be very bulky since the last time he had seen them, the menacing feeling that he could feel from their last encounter are still lingering in his mind.

Much to his surprise & horror, he did not expect them to make such as nasty move on him instead, where they attacked him right before he could mobilized the forces he had with him for his planned attack on them, syndicate wide where he had hoped to strike at all assets of his enemies to make it his possession.

But seeing the method & manner of the execution has been made upon his syndicate, he is soon reminded of the destruction of his former syndicate that he had tried hard to forget at their hands.

“What are you scrubs waiting for?! Get the killing started!”

Barking his orders like a rabid dog to his lieutenants & underlings around him, all of them got into a full swing to engage the enemy who had presented themselves to them. For they to have the nerve to strike at their base is a folly that must be corrected as soon as possible with a steep fee to be borne by them.

“What are you monkeys looking at?! The enemy is here looking for death!”

Hell’s Torch further chastises them for the slow reaction that he is getting from the remaining of them who are still dazed from the initial racket attack from them. Realising that they can now escape the wrath of their big boss, they all scrambled to the armoury to grab anything that they can find to be in the fight against the threats that are coming for their lives.

The big boss of the syndicate follows his underlings too, only with a different thought in mind, where he is set to go to his next location in his stronghold, which is his panic room. It is in the basement of his home with its entrance known only to himself but not to others including to his lieutenants.

With the ongoing fierce fight happening at the main compound of his base, the remaining forces that are left took the opportunity to better armed themselves with any arsenal they had left in their store in the mansion while their brothers & sisters that are caught outside in the skirmish are dying to buy the much needed time to better prepare against those deadly foes.

Many of Hell’s Torch people can be seen gathered near the vicinity of the armoury to obtain their weapons. In the mist of the frenzy to go for arms, a large explosion erupted, shattering all the glasses & mirrors in his beloved mansion.

The force is so strong that it sent some shards of those broken sharp objects flying an all direction, hurting those for failed to take cover from it. This further aggravates him, as that ballistic resistant glass had initially held off the explosion which has sparked off the fight in his stronghold earlier, giving him a false sense of hope that his forces will be able to hold them at bay till he gets away.

“You! You! You! & You! Get them off from here! We don’t need those who can’t fight anymore blocking the way!”

Those underlings obeyed his orders without question, as he had commanded them with confidence & conviction in the face of a dire situation which is ongoing around them. But under all those façade he put up in front of them, Hell’s Torch is actually terrified to the core of his being, of the prospect that the his business that brings him the life of luxury he has now to be gone forever.

While those who are helping the wounded are evacuating them to somewhere safe, their boss continued with his ramblings to rally whatever survivors that he could find to stem off the tides of peril on them. The many words spoken by him had managed to rouse them from their stupor & they are now joined by more of the fellow syndicate members to show their enemies are not easy pickings.

Regardless of the motivation he had in whipping up his forces into frenzy against their invaders who are invading them now, all Hell’s Torch had in his mind to have a cannon fodder ready to distract his perceived to be pursuers while he make an getaway to his hidden private shelter.

He hopes for the chaotic commotion out there will be in his favour, so that he will be able to hide away from their detection & make his escape to another place the start all over again once those hunters who are after him have gone some other places.

Running to every corners of his mansion, he called upon all the men & women working for the syndicate to go into arms for its defence. Many looked upon him as an able leader based on how he handles to turmoil which besets them. At the same time, other look at him as a madman who behaves like a chicken which has loses its head.

None the less, the mass distraction that he had put up had managed to divert their attention away from what he is up to. As he made his run, another explosion had erupted from another direction.

“It’s the storehouse. One of the bastards had burn it!” Someone cried in despair.

That mattered little to Hell’s Torch, as his goal now is to survive from the rampaging onslaught by those strange people in a theme park costumes that are making a blood bath now at the main compound of his stronghold.

The big boss had given up all hope of escaping as he had witness the destruction of the convoy who is on the way to join his forces which he was betting on as the means of escaping from his current location.

If not for the big explosion at the vehicle garage earlier, he wouldn’t have taken the initiative to observe the happenings outside his mansion. A blessing in disguised no doubt as he gave it a thought while organising his people to be prepared ahead for any hostiles that will be approaching his luxury home.

“Big Boss, where are you going?” An underling who looks like a hitgirl called him.

“I am going to get the big surprise for those goons. Protect this place, this will be our last stand.” Hell’s Torch ordered her.

“Yes boss.”

That is a lie, as there is a hidden door concealing a secret passage to his panic room. Going in, the dark corridors of the narrow passage immediately lighted up as he walked as fast as he could without making many noises, as he feared that he could give away on his whereabouts & his motives.

Not long after the brisk walk, he arrived at a steel wall with a door which is left opened. The heavy steel door designs suggest that it is meant to be opened & closed from the inside of the room. With much effort, he pulls the heavy door, which is 12 inches thick.

Added with the amount of manual work needed to lock it, it had driven him to the point of exhaustion as there are no machines are used for all the work & procedures to initiate the self lockdown for his very own safety.

Finishing the lockdown he needs to isolate himself from all his doomed underlings, the big boss of the syndication dropped himself on the chair which he is laying on now. He let go a breath of relieve for being able to reach for a safe place in his mansion & at the same time cried, as he does not know if his patron will forgive him or not for his blunder.

“Finally, I am away from all these nightmares.” He rejoiced in his thoughts.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow 

See You  Again In The Next Chapter

2